The Fighting Game Community Thread

an accordion_sl

shitlord
amazing

C18ahgg.gif

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Well this time he didn't made any retarded video about him bodying everyone at EVO, so there is that and apparently he took it very well and was glad he had more time to "socialize"

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Well this time he didn't made any retarded video about him bodying everyone at EVO, so there is that and apparently he took it very well and was glad he had more time to "socialize"
Wish I could provide sources but over the last few years he's been very accessible and openly admits those videos like the marvel one were staged by sponsors to create hype. Most people that know him say he's a pretty humble and shy guy that wants to please his sponsors a little too much.

Scaffa_sl

shitlord
Yeah, first EU and pad player to win an evo championship.
I can't hate on the guy as much as i want to continue doing so, he played extremely well and repped rose like a champ.

I'm in the same boat where i find MOBAs to be extremely boring, but i love me some high level fighting games~
SnakeEyez won HDR on pad, and Ryan Hart has won Evo for Tekken before.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm not haha, I was in the spur of the moment while it was all happening disappointed in people losing to him-however he played very very well. All his reads and execution was spot on etc.

I'll will however, be surprised if he wins Capcom Cup though. Everybody slept on him but they won't now that they know how much he has improved as a player-and how improved rose is as a character in USF4.
It should be pretty exciting with how hungry they'll be to redeem their loss at evo

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Art was retweeting some funny tweets yesterday about people bitching about Rose and that she needs to be nerfed! LOL!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
For me the best part of this Evo was once again showing it's the player behind the character, not the character itself. And gone forever is the myth that Stick players are one step ahead of pad players. It might be true of your generic player, but it clearly isn't on the big stage. There's also not a lot of Rose players in Japan, and it showed. Snakeeyez was the only one to come close to beating Louffy. It's a real victory for Capcom and USFIV. Everything will be different next year. I imagine the Beast will return with a vengeance and we may just see the US take 1-2 more spots in Top 8 too.

Definitely my favorite Evo.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
THE BEAST (probably should switch characters)

Nice- I was hoping someone had that captured. Was the match i was most annoyed about being offscreen. No doubt Choi was on a roll there, that was some super solid play-but even so, dropped a few combos. Valle could have pulled out the same W- Choi and him are pretty evenly matched; style differences aside. Daigo switching characters just has not worked out for him with Evil Ryu nor with his Yun phase.

Definitely one of the better EVO's in a bit. I think ChrisG mind fucked himself when Justin went Storm first, and while a bracket reset or even a better showing vs Justin would have been more hype- the route he took to finals kind of says it all. The top ~4 of marvel are just in another league.

SF4 was totally bonkers. No one could have predicted the finals. Fuudo seemed like a lock to me, then I thought Ricky might pull out the big W. But everything went sideways. Seems like all the hype matches (that i wanted to see) were offscreen. Which, yeah is a shame. Mike Ross schooled a ton of fools and we didn't see any of it. They clearly don't have the means to stream pools of 2k players- and it seemed like even more of a bummer this year than last considering most of the big names got bounced offscreen.

The T-hawk shenanigans were definitely my highlight. Next year should be promising. We'll see if all these purported character switches shake out.

Column_sl

shitlord
I got 150 dollar off coupon so I bought a cab for my game room.

I'm waiting for the designers to send me a full template, but off of the low rez pics I came up with this concept.

It has USf4 on one side, and UMVC3 on the other. Then it lists all the major tournaments.

The Marquee will light up like in the arcades