The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Siliconemelons

glad people are liking it.

I still don't think it will be a fit for me, but I can understand and accept the majority of people enjoy it. I will still think its funny that, if this is, their "comeback masterpiece" started its life not by the A team and sqeenix or as a "real number" FF game :p still proving my point - they need to overhaul some shit over there.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It's definitely a different FF, that's for sure and LOL @ probably being the only game I've ever played where product placement actually makes sense and doesn't feel "cheap" or put in your face. The combat is intensely satisfying.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Has anyone had issues redeeming codes from the raodtrip stuff? i got sent 3 codes the first two get bounced back as already used 3rd one was fine.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
...The combat looks very hack n slashy, doesn't appear to matter too much what you do.

Maybe I'm spoiled from Monster Hunter and Dark Souls, but that shit just looks--spammy as fuck.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
...The combat looks very hack n slashy, doesn't appear to matter too much what you do.

Maybe I'm spoiled from Monster Hunter and Dark Souls, but that shit just looks--spammy as fuck.

It's not spammy by any stretch. You have to time dodges and still manage your blocks accordingly for proper parries. Your party also has an ability you can use to time against others in hard battles, along with a lot of skill sets that open up later on and they are more like summons I guess (Haven't got that far yet) - but if you think you are going to spam out swings over and over again, it won't take long before you are dead. Especially if you have not had a meal buff before hand at camp or a diner. Also there are resistances to all weapon types/spell types at one point or another, and one of your party members sometimes give you key strategy tips - and sometimes you also have to switch weapons mid fight if you are in a pack of mobs which have their resistances change. You have to think, but you also have to think fast unless you turn on wait mode. Which I am not doing because I enjoy the challenge.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
It's not spammy by any stretch. You have to time dodges and still manage your blocks accordingly for proper parries. Your party also has an ability you can use to time against others in hard battles, along with a lot of skill sets that open up later on and they are more like summons I guess (Haven't got that far yet) - but if you think you are going to spam out swings over and over again, it won't take long before you are dead. Especially if you have not had a meal buff before hand at camp or a diner. Also there are resistances to all weapon types/spell types at one point or another, and one of your party members sometimes give you key strategy tips - and sometimes you also have to switch weapons mid fight if you are in a pack of mobs which have their resistances change. You have to think, but you also have to think fast unless you turn on wait mode. Which I am not doing because I enjoy the challenge.

And you just sold the game. Square should pay you commission.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Then turn on wait mode which pauses the game any time you stop moving.

To be fair, fast paced doesn't bother me. Mindless bothers me, and thats what it kinda looked like it was from the, admittedly little, I had seen of the combat.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't been following this.

There is a movie and anime somewhere I can go watch?

Also...game is worth buying? (shit is like $60)

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
While the 60 dollar price point for major titles does bother me a bit, I think that its relatively reasonable. ..And probably saves me money overall because I'm far more selective of the games I buy. If the shit was $20 I'd be impulse buying left and right.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda wish I had a console for this, havn't bought a console since RDR and probably wont' till RDR 2 though.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And you just sold the game. Square should pay you commission.

Ha! :)

Nah I just like noting good games (Especially combat) when I see them because they are so few and far between these days.

I do not think you will be disappointed.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Amazon came through !

LOL 9.4gb day one patch...well back to work i guess.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has anyone had issues redeeming codes from the raodtrip stuff? i got sent 3 codes the first two get bounced back as already used 3rd one was fine.
Sounds like that happened to a lot of people on reddit. The process to get it fixed is a royal pain in the ass too. I still don't know if mine work, I've been waiting about 9 hours for them to send me the fucking email.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How does this game run on regular PS4? I don't have that Pro faggotry. :(

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Monster hunter is like the worst combat ever.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
How does this game run on regular PS4? I don't have that Pro faggotry. :(

Perfectly and looks fantastic on a regular 1080p set up. Runs very smooth. I have not experienced any hitches yet or slow downs. Post patch but I also I'm only in chapter two. (About five hours into the game however)

Looks better than witcher 3 (PS4 version) -and on par with uncharted 4.