The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Nice to hear, the AP skills was one of the first things i bought.

I am loving this game and sad i am going away this weekend !

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone get their codes from the road trip DLC from the Amazon Pre-Order bonus? I hit redeem DLC and says codes have been sent to my e-mail and this was last night and nothing yet.I know weapons will get replaced but wasnt there a story DLC included with it?

I got it, its just a new skin for the car, adds some yellow flare.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So if I force myself to watch anime, should I watch the anime or the movie first?
The major events and end of the movie occur at the end of Chapter 1. You get quick montages pulled straight from the movie scenes but it doesn't go in depth at all so game-only players would be mostly in the dark.

The anime episodes 2-4 are backstory focusing on your bros, 1+5 is basically car journey stuff while getting some Noctis backstory and action.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Went back to the original unworking Amazon Roadtrip code, changed the last 0 digit until I got one that worked, redid the flash games and redeemed codes that actually work. Remember to install that stuff from your library after redeeming too.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Rather than just be able to jump up back to the platform, I had to move around the entire ducking dungeon again just to get back to that same spot, and with it, kill the mobs I already killed on the way.
Same thing happened to me but you are wrong about the mobs. Mobs in dungeons don't respawn, at least those ones did not for me.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Same thing happened to me but you are wrong about the mobs. Mobs in dungeons don't respawn, at least those ones did not for me.

For this specific example, the dungeon behind the waterfall. Maybe I had just missed them originally.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah, I meant I fell down at that same exact icy spot and had to fight monsters I was previously avoiding. After I completed the dungeon I opted not to warp out and ran through the entire thing making sure I didn't miss any drops. Nothing came back after the initial kills. I recall getting at least one oracle coin and some friendship accessory only my boy band could equip, increased range of link strikes.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok. I must have missed them the first time around that area or missed a spawn spot then :)

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unlocked chocobos last night, so when I get out of the gym I'm gonna go treasure hunting in the first area for a bit. There's apparently some pretty good weapons you can get, but I got tired of the car only taking me halfway there.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got it, its just a new skin for the car, adds some yellow flare.

I got a sword and a hammer and something else... it was pretty extensive. I had 8 total DLC once all was done and said for. Pretty cool game so far, but I'm still in the gas station part though so that doesn't mean much.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I got a sword and a hammer and something else... it was pretty extensive. I had 8 total DLC once all was done and said for. Pretty cool game so far, but I'm still in the gas station part though so that doesn't mean much.

I got a masmune but it was in my disc case not in my email. (its pretty sweet to start out with)
Only thing I saw in my email was the car skin, did you get that too?

Is there more weapons somewhere?

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Well emailed square and they acknowledge some people are having issues getting the codes emailed. Also why dont they just have a resend email option. Well decided to watch Kingsglaive, not bad so far kinda really enjoying to be honest.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a masmune but it was in my disc case not in my email. (its pretty sweet to start out with)
Only thing I saw in my email was the car skin, did you get that too?

Is there more weapons somewhere?

yeah got the Masmune from the disc

Car from road trip and once I clicked "claim DLC" on the road trip site, they sent my email address I used to sign into the roadtrip thing three codes. I know one was a magesmasher, and another sword. But there was a third, and it may have just been another Masmune. The rest were Amazon's pre order bonus DLC they sent my amazon account's email. You have to play the stupid mini games on that road trip site to unlock it though. But they took me all of 15 minutes to do.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Masamune is good for about 5 minutes since there's another 2H you can pick up right next to the garage that is about 50% better than it, and those treasures respawn quickly. That made me even more mad about the Road Trip DLC being fucked. I still haven't found anything that would be an upgrade to those ones.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Unlocked chocobos last night, so when I get out of the gym I'm gonna go treasure hunting in the first area for a bit. There's apparently some pretty good weapons you can get, but I got tired of the car only taking me halfway there.

I accidently found Assassin blades just on a treasure mark on land in Chapter 2 iirc. They were severly OP when I got them, and I still use them in Ch 4.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is there a reason to just not sell all items listed under Treasure? I kind of thought that was the "Make Gil" tab. Ha.

And does Damage done by weapons trump any effects for the most part when upgrading the boy band?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I accidently found Assassin blades just on a treasure mark on land in Chapter 2 iirc. They were severly OP when I got them, and I still use them in Ch 4.
I still haven't found any equipment, but plenty of megalixirs and the like. And man, for anybody who hasn't unlocked chocobos yet, do so - they're not as fast as the car, but they're plenty fast and make treasure hunting much, much more pleasant.

edit: Chapter 3, after unlocking gate to new area.