The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Damn where are all these side quests? Guess I need some explore time. Only thing I stumbled across in chapter 1 was av dude that needed a car repair kit and another guy that needed a potion. Did some hunts as well. Think I was level 7 starting chapter 2.

Speaking of, do you just farm and hunt a bunch then cash in the coming at an inn for 2x? Kept getting worried I would just lose a bunch.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They appear as question marks all over the map, but until youget into chapter 2 or 3, you see a lot of hunts, a couple tag quests for "Dave", fishing, and a few random's. I have a town right now that has 4 ?'s in it I need to tackle at some point. Every diner has a cooking quest where you have to hnt down or deliver an ingredient and then you learn the recipe, etc.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Digging the dynamic music and Prompto randomly breaking into the victory music/chocobo song. Pretty catchy main theme song too.

Malkav

French Madman
Good god I wish I could pull back the camera in combat.

You don't see shit when surrounded by multiple small ennemies jumping everywhere.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good god I wish I could pull back the camera in combat.

You don't see shit when surrounded by multiple small ennemies jumping everywhere.
this.

i fucking suck at combat in this game. how do i get better

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
this.

i fucking suck at combat in this game. how do i get better
I just use Wait Mode. The full action combat isn't fun at all imo. Wait mode is like best-FF (that's XII for you filthy heathens out there).

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait until you get into a battle with two wildlife encounters and a dozen imperials in a forest with shrubbery 2-3 times the players' height that you can't walk through. The camera can't deal with it, and it's almost gotten me killed twice and required blowing too many items both times. Annoying as shit

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Camera is one of the few complaints I have. Also REALLY hate not being able to map X as attack and have to use O no matter what typ . This is 2016, bang unable to configure multiple controls is a bizarre design decision.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
A few other Pro tips in order to get better at Battle. When you used magic go ahead and use it liberally. You can get refilled on Magic close to camps and other such areas. When you create your magic make sure you used items that are the treasures instead of selling them. This allows magic to be cast multiple times or added additional effects such as poison. I found on some difficult boss battles with a really good configuration of Elemental Magic, I was able to take down a most the 30 to 40% of its health with one Magic cast.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I did a giraffe bounty and the camera moved high up looking down and I was like "why is this not a preset angle with a single button press all the time?"

Also Ignis - Regroup tech skill for healing is rather nice.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Agreed, Regroup was the first and best thing I spent AP on.

I don't get magic. Only time I've really tried to use it was vs. the two flan hunts, and it did far more harm than good. The friendly fire penalties are ridiculous, since there's no way to get the AI to stay out of the ground effects that get left behind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
*SPOILERS IF YOU CLICK AND READ* END GAME - Best EXP Farm and Weapons Guide (POST GAME *MEGA SPOILERS*) • /r/FFXV
I finished the story with around 20 hours played and at level 40, I did very little side questing / hunts / and other time consuming ventures as I knew the open world would await, and I anticipate many of you might have done the same. You need to be mid 40's to make best use of this guide (I was 46). If you are below that I suggest visiting a rock just north west of Hammerhead around the treasure spot where you will find a Cactuar that spawns each game load/day worth 5000+exp, along with an infinite spawn of Imperial ships, and finally a ton of low lvl enemies you can spam warp strike on for free AP while you wait for re-spawns. This infinite imperial spawn will feel much like the Destiny loot cave for those of you who remember that. This is a great place to get some quick levels up to the mid 40's before you begin my EXP guide in the next section.

Once you're in Mid 40s and in the end of the game that thread is probably good for you.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
How do you enjoy this if you don't like action combat games? I find every battle just becomes a fucking shit show mosh pit.\

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hold square and wait for parries when you are in a swarm of mobs.

To use magic, warp away, use Ignis' regroup to gather everyone away from swarm and nuke from orbit. It can be really powerful so don't ignore it.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Im currently in the middle of a pack of 8 Garulas or some shit. You don't get parry opportunities when they're doing their tramples to the side, only when they're attacking head on.