The finer things - watch thread.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
This thread doesn't fit the socioeconomic status of this boards population. Mod u can rickshaw bro.

Last edited:
  • 2Faggotry
  • 2Hodjing
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Doleo

Trakanon Raider
POT.JPG

• 3Like
  • 2Salty
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
There's gotta be some people on here into watches... No g shock fans? Daniel Wellington? Citizen? C'mon people

• 2Bullshit
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I like your style of return post but sadly all I have is a weak story to add.

Me and my last watch got together on Christmas 1992. It had no real brand and was just one of those clunky, gear-like, black, looks big, type of watches. The thing was a beast and knew how to show me the -Time-.
Two years and 10 countries later there I am with a bunch of folks jumping around in a huge 100m long 10m tall seine net hammock that some badasses had strung high up in a patch of the forest on Petersburg Island in Alaska when suddenly it gets caught in a loop of the net and explodedly rips off of my arm and dies the death it was meant to have. I also got laid that day. What a great watch that was. /takesamomenttogatherhimself
After that it was all clocks and the Sun. Then came cellphones and...

Good to see you're out of the slammer for your time due to Juggalo Gang crimes.
Please don't release my personal info!

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Here is a quick snap of my Breitling. I like it a lot. It doesn't have a bunch of stupid gizmos and features I'll never use and has exactly all of the features I do use. I also wanted a watch with a leather not metal strap. Other watches I considered were the Omega Speedmaster (but metal strap) and a few Tags that I actually decided were a bit douchey once I genuinely started looking at them. I almost bought a Zenith Pilot and will probably get one next.

IMG_0353.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This thread doesn't fit the socioeconomic status of this boards population. Mod u can rickshaw bro.

I don't wear a watch because...

A) I have huge wrists
B) Redundancy, I already carry a phone that tells me the time
C) I don't need to wear something to show off how much money I have (I just buy overpriced Video Cards AMIRITE Sentagur Sentagur ? :p)

Since you have come back you have been a real disappointment Foler Foler

I expect better out of you, when and where did you lose your funny?

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>

A) I have huge wrists
C) I don't need to wear something to show off how much money I have (I just buy overpriced Video Cards AMIRITE Sentagur Sentagur ? :p)

Are you sure your wrists are huge or they just look huge in comparison to "other things"?
I do own a couple of watches, nothing fancy and i am not even sure why i bought the last one. I got used to checking the time on the phone and i plain forget to put on the watch when i am going out. So the thing is just sitting on my desk collecting dust.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Are you sure your wrists are huge or they just look huge in comparison to "other things"?
I do own a couple of watches, nothing fancy and i am not even sure why i bought the last one. I got used to checking the time on the phone and i plain forget to put on the watch when i am going out. So the thing is just sitting on my desk collecting dust.

I won't take the bait and go for the low-brow humor...something like only huge compared to your Mom's Cock. NOPE I won't go there, I refuse to. :cool:

• 1Smuggly

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I won't take the bait and go for the low-brow humor...something like only huge compared to your Mom's Cock. NOPE I won't go there, I refuse to. :cool:
yeah its a curse, my whole family has them, makes walking without tripping yourself a skill we all have to learn early.
Are you saying i should get a watch for it too? It could be a simple thing, its not like it can tell time.
I mean if we are classing up this thread, might as well do it proper!

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I've had the same dive watch/computer for like 14 years now. I'll look for maybe an upgraded version every few years, but all of the new ones make you send it in to replace the battery, where my old one doesn't. Rustled! Wait wrong thread.

14893693543041960922002-jpg.400690

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

A) I have huge wrists

Sounds like excuses because you can't afford one. This thread isn't for you pal.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like excuses because you can't afford one. This thread isn't for you pal.

See you are proving my point, that was a terrible comeback and tossed you a softball. Perhaps your Jug status should be revoked until you find your funny.

Szlia

A well known french publicist famously said "If you don't own a Rolex at age 50, you failed at life." As far as I am concerned, in 2018 a watch is a fashion accessory and/or a piece of jewelry and, as such, have absolutely zero value, like all other items of that nature... technically though I guess I own a Rolex and I am not even 50, but that's because my father failed at staying alive after getting one...

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
It took me way too long to realize this was actually supposed to be a thread about wristwatches. I thought "watch thread" was some kind of dumb reminder Foler added to the title to help him remember to check it.

• 1Ice Burn

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
A well known french publicist famously said "If you don't own a Rolex at age 50, you failed at life." As far as I am concerned, in 2018 a watch is a fashion accessory and/or a piece of jewelry and, as such, have absolutely zero value, like all other items of that nature... technically though I guess I own a Rolex and I am not even 50, but that's because my father failed at staying alive after getting one...

Exactly :emoji_point_up:

I could afford one I just don't want one. I could afford a nice high end sports car too, I just don't want one. Don't get me wrong, I am a Gluttonous American and I do enjoy/like material items but watches nor cars interest me.

My office phone, my cell phone, my computer, my laptop and my car radio display all show me the time why the fuck do I need one more gadget to tell me the time? To make a statement and impress people? Who the fuck am I trying to impress? I have a hot wife that has never asked me to wear a watch to impress her, her friends nor her family.

If you like watches, good for you! I hope you are rich enough to bathe is Rolex' just don't be a a small minded dumb fuck that thinks I don't have one because I cannot afford one.

Lastly, fuck Jacques Seguela he is a fucking frog that was born into wealth, he is an arrogant 80+ year old cock sucker.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I actually wear a watch for work since I tend to not have the ability to have my phone in certain secure areas. Its $30 watch...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, they're drawing a fine line atm for me. Bluetooth is acceptable unless it has a microphone/camera as well. Anything with LTE is strictly off limits. So I'm rocking a $20 watch. I do intend to get something slightly nicer, but haven't seen what I want yet.