The First Purge (2018)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Purge: The Island

Genre: Action, Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Gerard McMurray

Cast: Y'lan Noel, Lex Scott Davis, David Breda, Christian Robinson, Qurrat Ann Kadwani, Geoff Schuppert, Jessica Bell, Cloé Xhauflaire, John P. McGinty

Release: 2018-07-04

Plot: A prequel to 2013’s The Purge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
2WQTQzDhQ27tvdvgU4U4e77a4QM.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title:
The First Purge
(2018)

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They shot a bunch of this around my office.

I was excited to see it.

This is just horrible shit though.

Now voting Trump = Supporting the purge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I didn’t vote Trump and I support the Purge being made reality in the United States... not is some small part because I am Canadian and I want to see what will happen in California.

That being said, I’ll either watch this on Netflix or pirate it, like I did the rest.

I enjoy them but they are not ‘good’ movies.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They were fun when they were silly gore movies.

When will faggots in Hollywood learn that pushing your politics in our faces doesn’t work. The nfl is a global household brand and is hurting, the purge is a low budget shock franchise. By bye.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I feel like, if you didn't think this was where this movie was headed, you weren't paying attention to these movies. Everything about the New Founding Father's is a caricature of the right; all Trump's election did was give them a meme for their prequel advertising.

This movie was always going to take place in 2018 or year it was the purge started.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I finally watched all of the other movies for the first time and for some reason they bothered me more than any other horror movie that I have ever seen. I have seen hundreds.

The cavalier attitudes like the kill in the first movie by the guy knocking at the door. I don't know what it is but I was shook. Shook to my core.

Oldbased

> Than U
I enjoyed the other movies as just something to watch well enough.
Wrote down some great ideas too!
Will watch.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Surprised there's no thread on these boards for The Forever Purge which just came out a few months ago. Just watched it. While there was still some, they rolled back quite a bit on the "white people are evil" and anti-republican stuff in this one, probably because The First Purge got killed in the box office and they realized that most of the audience for this stuff are the same kind of gun-buying middle-Americans that the movies villify.

All of that said, the movie was hilariously upside-down. The purgers in the movie behaved a lot like the BLM riots of 2020 (destroying infrastructure, setting fires, and shooting at police), but they were all nazis. At the end when regular people were Rittenhousing it and picking up guns to protect themselves against the purgers, the news media was applauding them for "standing up against violence". LOL.

Also the NFFA are good guys now, I guess? Since their own followers have now turned on them? IDK, don't care. I liked the protagonist couple though, the woman was hot and a badass with a pistol.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database