The Fishing Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
Look who came to say hello. 4-5 nice sized cobia about 1 meter each swimming with him, one had a jig in his mouth with the tag end tangled with the shark. jumped in and freed the shark, tried to hand wrastle the cobia but he had none of it and went berserk and took off.

99e4cf17-250a-44c6-8f2e-9c3a8f2589d9.JPG

• 7Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I'm a well seasoned retired offshore fisher. I've dabbled in some of the florida lagoons/coastal fishing a little bit, have a real nice shimano setup..

Have access to a river now. Curious to fish it. My stella setup is wayyyyy to heavy.

I haven't tracked fishing gear for maybe 8 years now. What are you guys rocking for light tackle? I wad always a penn guy for offshore.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
They are fine smoked. I think it's a little like bullheads. The water you take them out of is the primary concern.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Enjoy your Hep C I guess. If you don't get it straight from the water you'll get it from one of the dirty needles you step on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My dad had a recipe for carp. He didn't particularly like carp but this was pretty much as good as it could get. You don't have the scale it or anything. Just cut 2 slits down either side of it's back to make pockets. Then find some cow manure and roll it into balls. Yes this is real, I know it sounds weird but it's the best way there is to cook it and it needs to be cow manure, but horse is also acceptable. Just don't get stupid and try human or dog shit. Insert the balls into the slits you just made. Then throw it in the oven at I think 250 degrees for 45 minutes. I can double check that cook time if anyone is planning to try this recipe. When it's done, scoop out the balls, and throw away the fish.

He said he tried smoking one once but it wouldn't stay lit.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe literally the oldest joke in the history of the world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Oh there are other contenders.

You know how ducks fly in a vee when they head south and one arm of the vee is longer than the other, do you know why that is?

The are more ducks on one side.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Creeks are heating up in north Texas. Caught a limit of white bass (25) today in Denton Creek which feeds into Grapevine Lake. All males so the spawn is just getting started. Fat girls and hybrids should start moving in soon.
IMG_20210327_152407060.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Creeks are heating up in north Texas. Caught a limit of white bass (25) today in Denton Creek which feeds into Grapevine Lake. All males so the spawn is just getting started. Fat girls and hybrids should start moving in soon.View attachment 344625
Looks like a great day on the water. Sure it turned into an even better fish fry.

There's a white bass run in Spring Creek here in Houston that I try to fish each year, but it's a bit more treacherous to navigate right now for me. All my spots require a bit of hiking in, and it's just not in the cards.

Just been hitting the park ponds for the spring bass spawn recently instead.

Screenshot_20210403-102314.png

Screenshot_20210403-102235.png

Screenshot_20210403-102144.png

Screenshot_20210403-102015.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Creeks are heating up in north Texas. Caught a limit of white bass (25) today in Denton Creek which feeds into Grapevine Lake. All males so the spawn is just getting started. Fat girls and hybrids should start moving in soon.View attachment 344625
Make sure to throw a rock at the asshole who has a tent set up on it near 35 if you see him.

Goatface

anyone fish for carp? live basically on the river, so thinking about daily chumming with some boiled feed corn for a few days. reading about adding jello/kool-aid to it, never seen that used before.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’d never eat them but I fish for them, and yeah I use koolaid corn when I do. They are fun fighting fish but they tire out quickly, usually.