The Flash

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Someone...I think the hefty Charlie dude from Youtube, had the theory that When Jay got his powers he tried to up his speed with V6 and that somehow caused him to split off the Zoom character so even though its Jay its just a drug created doppelganger.
So Earth 1 Jay is Hunter
Earth 2 Jay is Jay
Zoom is artificially created Jay who is bat shit crazy
yep, i saw that video last night. i dont agree with it. because there is an E1 Hunter Zolomon that looks exactly like Jay. thats why Jay knew about him. Jay has been fibbing the whole time.

So..youre saying 2 sets of Twins? Hunter and Jay from earth 1 and 2?
yes, only because Hunter on E1 exists.

Charlie's theory implies that there are 3 Jay Garricks while there is only 1 Hunter. i think its more plausible that Jay and Hunter on E2 are actually twins and one is the evil twin while the other is good. yeah thats a big fat trope, but its more plausible than 3 JGs while there is this weird Jay lookalike on E1 named Hunter.

Sevens

Log Wizard
yep, i saw that video last night. i dont agree with it. because there is an E1 Hunter Zolomon that looks exactly like Jay. thats why Jay knew about him. Jay has been fibbing the whole time.

yes, only because Hunter on E1 exists.

Charlie's theory implies that there are 3 Jay Garricks while there is only 1 Hunter. i think its more plausible that Jay and Hunter on E2 are actually twins and one is the evil twin while the other is good. yeah thats a big fat trope, but its more plausible than 3 JGs while there is this weird Jay lookalike on E1 named Hunter.
I was thinking that his theory only had 3 Jays....Hunter on E1 then Jay (flash) then Drug created Zoom
I can actually see the twin theory....if Jay had a twin on earth 2 it stands to reason he would have it on Earth 1...is the man in the Iron mask the fourth Jay?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Twins with separate adoptions would work, but that's too simple for comic book plot which needs to be unnecessarily convoluted.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Twins.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think a good compromise would be pre particle accel accident that there was only 1 jay on earth 1 and one on earth2 with no hunter zolomons on either. then the accident split both characters on both earths. one being a docile peace loving person and the other a power hungry murdering monster with speed force powers who calls himself hunter zolomon. but for earth1 they gave it a twist where the split made hunter zolomon the nice guy and jay garrick the bastard. so that guy in the iron mask might be a psychopath. so twins and yet not twins.

at 15 or so seconds there is that image. i dont know what comic story thats from.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I see what looks like Amazons and Atlanteans fighting in the background, so it has to be Flashpoint.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i think a good compromise would be pre particle accel accident that there was only 1 jay on earth 1 and one on earth2 with no hunter zolomons on either. then the accident split both characters on both earths. one being a docile peace loving person and the other a power hungry murdering monster with speed force powers who calls himself hunter zolomon. but for earth1 they gave it a twist where the split made hunter zolomon the nice guy and jay garrick the bastard. so that guy in the iron mask might be a psychopath. so twins and yet not twins.
Except the Hunter Zolomon on E1 had a life beforehand since he was adopted and had a family, etc.

Caliane

I think the most likely scenario, if not Twins, is crisis on infinite Jays.

the E2 vs E1frequency thing. its come up a few times. It won't work on Zoom, because Zoom is not from E2. (anyone remember if this was shown or not?)
It will give the answer how they get back to E2. They can't go from E1 to E2. but they CAN go from E1 to E5 to E2.
so yeah, Mask might be E3 Johnny quick who needs speed juice. (and also looks like Jay Garrick..) And zoom an E73 Jay/Zoloman, etc.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the most likely scenario, if not Twins, is crisis on infinite Jays.

the E2 vs E1frequency thing. its come up a few times. It won't work on Zoom, because Zoom is not from E2. (anyone remember if this was shown or not?)
It will give the answer how they get back to E2. They can't go from E1 to E2. but they CAN go from E1 to E5 to E2.
so yeah, Mask might be E3 Johnny quick who needs speed juice. (and also looks like Jay Garrick..) And zoom an E73 Jay/Zoloman, etc.
its still going to be just as hard to get to earth2 as it is earth 5, right? i mean, they will have to duplicate the accident that opened up the 52 rifts to earth2 either way? if barry needs to world hop in order to get to e2, i guess thats how we get Supergirl crossover or even John Wesley Shipp's Flash.

Caliane

well if they know how to close the doors, I imagine they will figure out how to open them soon enough.

Also, consider the supergirl cross over. Barry is going to accidentally to yet another Earth soon. This may be plot relevant as they figure out how to open the portals on purpose, or they use her Earth to make this workaround.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I knew who he was once they introduced Hunter on Earth 1....

Anyway some funny moments with Diggle in that episode including Cisco making a new costume for him.

They should just make Diggle Guardian imo, including the Shield.

spoilers-john-diggle-the-guardian-and-green-arrow-costume-in-arrow-season-4-diggle-as-503127.jpg
Great idea! Is this not the case?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Zoom is E2's future Jay Garrick.
That's what I figured. That's why it complicated things that he almost killed him. In the future, Garrick improves the velocity formula to become Zoom. Still not sure about the man in the mask. My best guess is that he's another future version of Jay that Zoom captured for some reason. I'm trying to figure out why he was tapping out JAY. It had to either be that he was telling them who he was, or telling them who zoom was. But how did he know the name would have meaning for E1 flash or jessie?

Is there and E1 Jessie? Is she allowed to be unborn on E1 just because thawn killed her mom?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jay mentioned his obsession with getting faster, just like Zoom. It's not crazy to think he was Eobard Thawning his past self to make him faster in order to steal his speed.

The guy in the mask would be Zoom's version of Eddie Thawn from S1. As long as he's there and alive, Zoom will exist. Not sure if that means he's a 3rd version of Jay or an ancestor, but seems logical one way or the other

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This not being on again until the 22nd is annoying.
It's OK. I feel like there are too many shows on right now to keep up with as is. I have people calling me the next AM, on shows that I haven't had time to watch. And we are going to be slammed with TV shows this month (House of Cards and Daredevil).