The Flash

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The story is essentially the same, although obviously it's significantly condensed down for the movie.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Okay since he stopped Reverse Flash that means he will not live with Joe, becoming a CSI, marrying Iris in the future or becoming the Flash now? If I can recall and correct me if I'm wrong when he was struck by lightning wasn't some crime scene formula reacted to help him become the Flash? I remember Wells had to create a specific catalyst in order to restore his powers when Zoom took them. Since his parents are alive now, he may never pursue a career in law enforcement. Shitty season. The need rage is strong in me.
Earth 2 Barry was still CSI and his mother was not murdered as well.
Definitely watch the animiated flashpoint, imo its the best animiated comic movie ever.

I thought the end of this season was starting to drag a bit, but was really happy with the way things got wraped up at the end, especially with the man in the mask. Might as well do flashpoint for S3 instead a new speedster villian, it would be very easy in this timeline for Wally be the flash.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now that I think about it, as dumb as it was, Barry causing Flashpoint makes more sense here than it did in the comics or in the movie. In the comics and the movie, he was basically just sad about his mom and said fuck it, I'm going back to save her. Here in the TV show, he's actually had some pretty terrible shit happen all at once, which makes it easier to believe that his judgement would be off.

*edit*

When he first started traveling back, I thought that he was going back to stop the magnetar, and it wasn't actually a time remnant that died, it was future Barry. Suppose it wouldn't have left them much for season 3.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So at this point I know people are upset that there's a good chance we'll have a speedster villain in season 3... but the bigger point here, if they're doing Flashpoint, is that we're going to get a third season with the same actor playing the same person but completely different... We'll have Thawne impersonating Earth-1 Wells, Earth-2 Wells on Earth-1, and now we would get Earth-1 wells without Thawne killing him?

Although I do agree that Barry has now become the villain for the next season of Legends of Tomorrow though...

Devlin

Golden Squire
S3 Flashpoint could be anything as they don't have access to WW/Aqua Man/Batman/Superman.

Those characters alternative stories were part of what made Flashpoint cool.

So we're stuck with the Rogues, Arrow (ugh) and maybe Supergirl replaces Superman ?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So in the original timeline Barry was the Flash and his mom was alive. How come when Barry goes back to fix the timeline that Thawne messed with originally it makes him not the Flash anymore and everything is screwed up? I think the animated movie just said it was a sonic boom effect of changing such a significant part of history, but really Thawne killing Nora should have been the sonic boom and not Barry saving her.

It seems like an obvious plot hole but haven't heard it brought up so I must be missing something.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Nope, pretty sure it's a paradox and Professor Zoom basically created both Flash and himself.

His actions eventually ended up causing him to be outside of time in that he could change pretty much anything and not erase himself.

It's comicbook science.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As it was explained in the movie, Professor Zoom had a lot of experience with time travel, that version of Barry did not, so he fucked everything up when he went back. Also, Thawne did not kill Nora in that continuity, it was some random home invasion.

*edit*

They've already alluded to Barry's clumsiness with time travel in the episode where he went back to learn from Thawne, Barry drawing the attention of a time wraith is how Thawne knew he was future Barry.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
S3 Flashpoint could be anything as they don't have access to WW/Aqua Man/Batman/Superman.

Those characters alternative stories were part of what made Flashpoint cool.

So we're stuck with the Rogues, Arrow (ugh) and maybe Supergirl replaces Superman ?
they had an easter egg when they visited earth2, a newscaster on tv was talking about the hood/arrow, it was ollie's dad. if this is flashpoint, then no oliver queen is required. at the least we get a much darker green arrow. i also doubt they go dark supergirl again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well he will still be wells on earth 1 which he was for most of that season when people were around so he couldnt twirl his mustache. then season 2 he played earth2 wells most of the season. now he will be back to playing earth1 wells and now wells has his wife with him and he likely will change his persona during the season, again.