The Flash

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was surprised with how much money effort they put into that promo that was for nothing. Should have Detective Lance show up and start shooting like always

also if you didnt know Amell/Oliver is Casey Jones in the next ninja turtles movie

Caliane

I don't know if hes trolling..

but yes. The Atom in this, is nothing like any other depiction of The Atom.
The Atom in Comics/cartoons, etc is a physicist who discovers a process to shrink things. Uses this to shrink himself, and become a superhero. Of note, this was 1961. Antman was introduced in 1962.
(one thing of note, his then girlfriend, then wife. then later ex-wife is notable for having gone insane and doing terrible things in the reviled "Identity crisis")

The Atom in THIS is first actually, Blue Beetle. Ted Kord.
(the character Nite Owl from Watchmen is modeled after)
Ted Kord - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A genius inventor, and athlete who build all sorts of wonderful toys, including a bug shaped aircraft. (Batman ripped him off too) More of a goofball. later gets out of shape, and pals around with BoosterGold as super best friends.

Then, for some reason, instead of going to high tech gadget route, and Beetlemobile..
Then went full Ironman. Not even copying later Blue Beetle using the scarab tech.

Caliane

The Atom in Comics/cartoons, etc is a physicist who discovers a process to shrink things. Uses this to shrink himself, and become a superhero. Of note, this was 1961. Antman was introduced in 1962.
(one thing of note, his then girlfriend, then wife. then later ex-wife is notable for having gone insane and doing terrible things in the reviled "Identity crisis")

A genius inventor, and athlete who build all sorts of wonderful toys, has his on company "Kord Industries", including a bug shaped aircraft. (yes, Batman ripped him off too) More of a goofball. later gets out of shape, and pals around with BoosterGold as super best friends.

Then, for some reason, instead of going to high tech gadget route, and Beetlemobile..
Then went full Ironman. Not even copying later Blue Beetle using the scarab tech.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

A genius inventor, and athlete who build all sorts of wonderful toys, has his on company "Kord Industries", including a bug shaped aircraft. (yes, Batman ripped him off too) More of a goofball. later gets out of shape, and pals around with BoosterGold as super best friends.

no, i wasnt trolling, i never read atom or blue beetle . i just remember somebody here saying that the atom came first so i thought the atom we see in that gay iron man suit was how atom is in the comics. thats pretty lame then. hopefully now that palmer has nanobots injected in him his powers become more organic.

Caliane

Then yeah, no. There isn't really ANY DC equivalent to Ironman, prior to this.
Closest might be Steel. but that is just a guy builds himself some power armor. in the same way, Master chief is a guy in power armor, or Samus Aaron. You'd be pushing it trying to claim all power armor is a rip off of Ironman.

This undeniable Ironman rip off is a brand new thing.

Homsar

I dont know why they didnt stay with the shrinking atom, he was able to do some pretty good stuff I didnt mind that he could travel through phonelines

I liked the episode on Justice League where the AMAZO was in beast mode and determined to kill Lex. Atom tried shrinking him, but the only thing that saved Lex explaining the reason to keep living, to watch how everything plays out in the universe or something like that

NM found it, this cartoon was awesome =(

Caliane

the rumor I heard, was he was supposed to be Ted Kord and Kord Industries in the first place. but, some kind of executive issue or legal or something stopped it. So, they just basically swapped out all name instances, keeping the plot the same. This doesn't fix the Ironman issue.. really just pretend they are calling him Ted, and 99% of everything else fits perfectly. Further seasons, or the spinoff may have him acting more like the namesake.

Caliane

Considered bringing this up in the Arrow thread when mentioning H.I.V.E. I don't think I did?

In comics, Zazzala was an alien, who could control bees. and people with her pheromones. She couldn't see the color red.

She generally ends up taking over H.I.V.E.

Often HIVE does just act on its own though. so didnt bring it up, wasnt sure if Zazzala would be related

6PrRCTo.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hmmm we seem to be introducing Cisco's powers. In the new 52 Vibe can sense alternate realities and the vibrations between world's.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
They alluded to Atom looking at things the wrong way and how he needs to get smaller, so maybe a work in progress. Good episode as usual.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmmm we seem to be introducing Cisco's powers. In the new 52 Vibe can sense alternate realities and the vibrations between world's.
Maybe. Or it could just be that the trauma of what happened to Cisco in the defunct timeline is why he is remembering what happened but Caitlin isn't.

Homsar

Really didnt like the episode, flash can run through walls, run down the building or 50 other things but bees fucked him up, also Isis was annoying as shit. maybe my least favorite episodee