The Flash

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dont mind monster of the week but that was a bad episode, how much Iris BS can you put in one episode and barry just stopping and not being able to do anything was just terrible writing, did the Atom go in because they couldnt hurt him though his suit ? I cant remember but even that made no sense since his face was exposed.

I really hope they go towards the real Atom character with him shrinking ect, this iron man ripoff blows

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My problem with the bee bots....
Apparently they deliver tons of stings and it kills a person. But then it looks like a few (in the care of Barry around 8) or even just one (the one going after Ray that Cisco stops) could kill. In which case, why spend the time/effort/money to send a swarm out when you could have one discreet killer bee and it would be far less noticeable? But yea.. I know... "comic book show".

I so agree with the "less Iris drama" bit as well... Coming from a cop family she of all people should be raised to be OK with the "A cop can't tell you everything about their day" concept...

The more I see this Atom the more I wish they would have just ironed out whatever problems kept them from calling him Ted Kord, because whereas Routh is working through a very awkward Atom character, he's just about nailing a young Blue Beetle.

Column_sl

shitlord
I really hate that there is barely any repercussions for time travel as long as Barry can do something about it.

Cisco dying in this episode was supposed to correct the timeline from him dying in a previous episode. The whole speech that Harrison made about you can't escape the bad things that happen to you because they will eventually catch up with something just as worse.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Iris is just fucking stupid and I hate her after this episode. She's about as mature as a five year old.

So here's a wild thought. Unless Cisco's remembering what happened to him is indeed unique to him or his future metahuman status, I would assume Wells remembers everything that happened in the defunct timeline quite clearly. Which probably doesn't make the least bit of difference except this time around he might have gone in and disabled the reverse flash hologram in the force field so he can't get found out so easily. Also, Cisco jumping in front of that bee was just a vehicle to make Barry willing to trust him enough to spill the dirt on Wells. I doubt we'll ever hear anything else about time travel ramifications until Barry time travels again.

Homsar

Well I havent seen anything showing a new Villain so next 2 episodes look to just be about wells

Next week is looks much better

Mentioned earlier but evil Eddie is a shapeshifter like Mystique
According to the official synopsis, "Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) head to Starling City to continue their investigation of Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh). While in town, the duo enlists the help of Captain Lance (guest star Paul Blackthorne), and Cisco meets the Black Canary (guest star Katie Cassidy), who asks him for a favor."

Meanwhile, back in Central City, "Barry (Grant Gustin) races to catch a meta-human named Hannibal Bates (guest star Martin Novotny) who can transform himself into every person he touches - which includes Eddie (Rick Cosnett), Iris (Candice Patton), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) and even The Flash."

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Episode dragged through the middle, but I absolutely loved the first 5-6 minutes. From Barry being supercop with Eddie and Joe up to Ray's shitty landing and introduction was all just really fun.

That kind of stuff, where they can just be silly and not have it feel totally out of place, is what sets this show apart from the rest of the superhero shows out there for me. It feels more like a comic brought to life, rather than a comic adapted to work as a show.

Homsar

Opening was indeed office, Barry's goofiness makes me think of Wally West though

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
taking a guess here, but are they going to sync up the 2 shows by having having flash ep 22 and 23 be a 2 hour special then the next day be ep 23 of arrow?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Why are the nagging girlfriends in these shows always completely unreasonable and flash huge levels of cunt as a result of their unreasonableness?

That said, good episode. The bee chick was stupid enough, but it was a nice Felicity tie in none the less.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Why are the nagging girlfriends in these shows always completely unreasonable and flash huge levels of cunt as a result of their unreasonableness?
No shit. I can't count the number of women in these shows that scream, "You must tell me EVERY. SINGLE. SECRET. or you don't LOVE ME!!!!1" Fuck you.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Loving someone means telling them all your secrets. It also means issuing ultimatums. Just in case some of you didn't know that, you really should write it down.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Iris reached a new level of being annoying.

As someone mentioned, she's the daughter of a cop, she knows some stuff they simply can't talk about...and Barry even mentioned something along those lines to her...and it totally went over her head.

Well if Eddy ever turns evil, we'll know why.
smile.png

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was really happy when Barry gave that explanation about the darkness that cops deal with, because it looked like they were actually going to have her be somewhat reasonable. Then she went into stereotypical tv-drama-girlfriend-mode and ruined it.

Homsar

Haha, Iris driving Eddie mentally insane would be awesome. It really doesnt make sense, him knowing who the flash is shouldnt make him act any different around Iris or have her notice. Barry is a retard for wanting Iris over Linda park

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the funniest part of that is she cut him off on sex for 3 weeks. then she bitches to barry that he might be cheating on her.

Aonin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I really hate that there is barely any repercussions for time travel as long as Barry can do something about it.

Cisco dying in this episode was supposed to correct the timeline from him dying in a previous episode. The whole speech that Harrison made about you can't escape the bad things that happen to you because they will eventually catch up with something just as worse.
Future Thawne can apparently change time without consequence, which is why he was able to kill Wells and Cisco in the first place. I would postulate that whatever events Thawne directly influences could be undone because it would revert the timeline to its original state.

Thawne is a villain, why should we take him at face value that altering the timeline only leads to negative consequences? He could just be saying that to keep Barry from undermining his efforts. There were bad things that happened when he changed the timeline but I wouldn't consider it worse.

With that said everything that took place when Mama Allen was killed, and after, is fair game. As others have mentioned if Barry goes back and saves her we'd end up with an entirely different universe next season. But he already went back in time to save her and failed... uuh wibbly wobbly timey wimey.