The Flash

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For someone like Iris that always demanded to know the truth about everything (season 1), She sure does a good job assuming other people can't handle the same truth about things, thus hiding it from them.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think Flash can do a lot more because they film it in Canada?

Also they are right next to one of the better animation schools in the world, so wouldn't be surprised if they have assistance from those students.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Honestly thought that episode was awful. Couldn't tell if the new firestorm is a terrible actor or if his lines were super too corny, but it was painful to watch. All in all seemed like a waste of an episode outside the last 30 seconds.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't think we saw the same show. Black dude was intentionally non-threatening so that we didn't think he was a bad guy. Chances are they'll darken the mood around him soon enough.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Francine has a son.

Who wants to bet his name is gonna be Wally?
smile.png
I knew the moment the Mom showed up, that this is how they were bringing in Kid Flash.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's the strange thing. That should be Earth 2 Harrison Wells, not Earth 2 Eobard Thawne. So wtf is he doing traveling to Earth 1, stealing stuff to make an energy weapon, and saving Barry's life but trying to do it on the sly?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If Wally West's TV origin is like the comic book one, he'll get his powers in a particle accelerator accident. In the comics, the same lightning bolt on the chemical accident that gave Barry Allen his powers, re-occurred for Wally West.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Wally West, as he is the Fastest Man Alive, and Barry is slower. Wally West is the only one that mainlines the speed force directly. And he's been shown to be able to look at people and hold them in suspended animation. Wow, the wikipedia says he once absorbed the kinetic energy on the entire Earth. Depending on who is writing him, he's the most OP character in the DCUO.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm wondering if that is not Zoom, but the Black Flash.

The Black Flash essentially fulfills the same role as Death for those who possess super-speed in the DC Universe, returning them to the source of their powers: the Speed Force. It is reportedly seen before the deaths of Barry Allen and Johnny Quick; Max Mercury, having had several near-death experiences, has also seen the Black Flash. It is not clear whether the Black Flash exists because the speedster characters are simply too fast for traditional Death to capture, or as some sort of bizarre side-effect to their connection to the Speed Force.
rrr_img_114624.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why hasn't anyone on the show wondered if Ronnie might have been sucked into Earth 2 instead of killed?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If Wally West's TV origin is like the comic book one, he'll get his powers in a particle accelerator accident. In the comics, the same lightning bolt on the chemical accident that gave Barry Allen his powers, re-occurred for Wally West.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Wally West, as he is the Fastest Man Alive, and Barry is slower. Wally West is the only one that mainlines the speed force directly. And he's been shown to be able to look at people and hold them in suspended animation. Wow, the wikipedia says he once absorbed the kinetic energy on the entire Earth. Depending on who is writing him, he's the most OP character in the DCUO.
So why didn't he just replace Barry as the speedster super hero and Barry retire?

Malkav

French Madman
Why hasn't anyone on the show wondered if Ronnie might have been sucked into Earth 2 instead of killed?
I was asking myself the exact same question.

I thought Caitlynn would have jumped on the possibility, but it looks like she is more occupied being attracted by Jay Garrick.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was asking myself the exact same question.

I thought Caitlynn would have jumped on the possibility, but it looks like she is more occupied being attracted by Jay Garrick.
Maybe they'll have the idea once it's established that Earth 2 Wells isn't the Reverse Flash. They'll be like 'oh I guess some of us have an Earth 2 counterpart. I wonder if Ronnie has an Earth 2 counterpart. Wait, maybe our Ronnie ended up over there"

Maybe they'll even meet Earth 2 Ronnie at some point. Maybe Earth 2 Caitlyn killed him.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So why didn't he just replace Barry as the speedster super hero and Barry retire?
???.

Barry Allen died in Crisis on Infinite Earths, and I think he stayed dead for over two decades (of real life time). Wally West took over the mantle, and was considered to be slower than him. And then he found a way to mainline the speed force.

I wonder if the showrunners would have the balls to do that. Haven't they said that Barry disappears in the Crisis in the future?

rrr_img_114638.jpg

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Both potential Firestorm guys are black! How fucking convenient! I'm not at all impressed with season 2 thus far
frown.png

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Barry IS the speedforce. Wally had an advantage for a while since they invented the speedforce after Barry died, but they're pretty much on par now