The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Lord13yron

Trakanon Raider
Ok here is my story of the girl who broke my heart. I met this girl about 2 1/2 years ago. She was gorgeous, we shared all the same interests, we were hardly ever apart, we always got a long really good, we hardly ever argued, everything seemed like it was going perfect. About a year into our relationship she joined a band as the singer. The band was all males other then her so naturally I was a little bit leery at first but I never said anything and I was supportive of her joining because I knew this is something she really wanted to do. Everything was fine for the next year, nothing changed between us, everything still seemed to be going really well.

Then all of a sudden one of the guys starts texting her all the time, they start hanging out more and more. I confront her about this and she says they're just friends and then I need to trust her. She says there just working on songs and recording for their new album. I take her word on it because she has never lied to me before. Over the next week it just gets worse and worse, she is hardly home and when she is she is constantly texting and trying to hide it from me, where as before she would text openly in front of me. I confront her about it again and She gives me the same story as last time. So I didnt really know what to do. One night when she was sleeping I looked at her phone and the texts she was sending. What I see is pretty heartbreaking, basically she is saying she wants to be with this guy and she cant hardly stand to be around me anymore.

Now this comes as a huge shock to me because she has never said anything to me about being unhappy with me. I ask a few of our mutual friends and they say she always said what a great guy I was and how happy I made her. So i confront her about the texts and finally she just admits to wanting to leave me and be with him, she says that there is just something missing in our relationship but she isnt sure how to explain it. I try and tell her we can fix it but shes not having any of that so we break up.

So now I am trying to move on, I have been checking out plenty of fish but not having much luck there. Seems like no one ever responds when I mesage them. Any advice on how to get more responses would be appreciated!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sounds like your basic girl doing a trade up maneuver situation. Women are great at rationalizing to themselves to avoid feeling guilty about doing heartless bullshit like this. Basically, she wanted to be with this (in her mind) better guy, but didn't want to dump your ass until the trade up was secure, to prevent her from being single at any point in the trade up process. Your reward for being a good boyfriend and supporting her is her dumping your ass for a band guy with a bigger dick (who she has likely already fucked, btw) that she feels is better for her. She is telling this guy she can't stand you for two reasons. First, to bait him out into being her new boyfriend, second to rationalize the cunty maneuver she is pulling to herself.

Nothing will ever fix this, especially if her music career has any future (other dudes are always going to be tempting her) and you are not involved in it directly. Dump her ass now and get it over with, because even if she does stay with you then you will always be the boring small dicked nice guy she had to settle for. Move on to someone else and save yourself worse long term emotional damage by leaving with some dignity and self respect intact.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As for the dating issue, its hard to get back on the horse when you get dumped like that, especially when you did everything you were supposed to do in the relationship. You are probably radiating desperation like a Detroit Lions fan and women can smell that shit a mile away. The best short term cure is some confidence boosting. That can take one of two forms. The first is you go get a pity jump from one of your friends to get you out of your funk or pick up a one nighter at a bar someplace. The second (and incidentally more constructive) track is to focus on yourself for a little while, working out, reading, ect, and until you stop giving a shit about what this women did to you, at which point you will also likely be physically and mentally sharper, while not radiating desperation anymore. Some mix of the two approaches is more realistic, if you are younger.

Also, yeah post nudes.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Dear Abby,

My problem is that I have a busy work and school life and there aren't really any easy avenues to meeting someone (school is mostly male-oriented classes, work even more so). I despise the bar scene and I don't drink so those type of social arenas are right out.

I made a Match.com profile a while back with a friendly, positive, and concise intro along with criteria that didn't make me sound shallow (like preferencing thin, athletic body types even though there's no way I'd be attracted to an overweight woman).

Anyway, I thought surely someone will take the initiative to contact me but nope. Nothing, and I'm NOT a bad looking guy. I work out and have a decent body so I'm somewhat perplexed. I was hoping females would be more forward in an online environment but maybe that's not the case.

So, any wisdom on internet dating? Is there some strategy I'm missing? I'm your proverbial "good guy" so things like playing head games or saying shit just to elicit some kind of preferred reaction isn't something I'm capable. I will add, to be very clear, I'm not looking for a "hook-up" or anything. I'm genuinely interested in meeting someone that a long-term relationship would be possible with.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Dear Abby,

My problem is that I have a busy work and school life and there aren't really any easy avenues to meeting someone (school is mostly male-oriented classes, work even more so). I despise the bar scene and I don't drink so those type of social arenas are right out.

I made a Match.com profile a while back with a friendly, positive, and concise intro along with criteria that didn't make me sound shallow (like preferencing thin, athletic body types even though there's no way I'd be attracted to an overweight woman).

Anyway, I thought surely someone will take the initiative to contact me but nope. Nothing, and I'm NOT a bad looking guy. I work out and have a decent body so I'm somewhat perplexed. I was hoping females would be more forward in an online environment but maybe that's not the case.

So, any wisdom on internet dating? Is there some strategy I'm missing? I'm your proverbial "good guy" so things like playing head games or saying shit just to elicit some kind of preferred reaction isn't something I'm capable. I will add, to be very clear, I'm not looking for a "hook-up" or anything. I'm genuinely interested in meeting someone that a long-term relationship would be possible with.
From what I've heard online dating is very specific to location. I remember someone here mentioning that eHarmony was dead for them, but I've been using eHarmony since last December and it's been a pretty steady stream of women contacting me, averaging about 3 - 4 a month. It could be that match.com is just not very active in your area so my advice would be to try a different site.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Ok here is my story of the girl who broke my heart. I met this girl about 2 1/2 years ago. She was gorgeous, we shared all the same interests, we were hardly ever apart, we always got a long really good, we hardly ever argued, everything seemed like it was going perfect. About a year into our relationship she joined a band as the singer. The band was all males other then her so naturally I was a little bit leery at first but I never said anything and I was supportive of her joining because I knew this is something she really wanted to do. Everything was fine for the next year, nothing changed between us, everything still seemed to be going really well.

Then all of a sudden one of the guys starts texting her all the time, they start hanging out more and more. I confront her about this and she says they're just friends and then I need to trust her. She says there just working on songs and recording for their new album. I take her word on it because she has never lied to me before. Over the next week it just gets worse and worse, she is hardly home and when she is she is constantly texting and trying to hide it from me, where as before she would text openly in front of me. I confront her about it again and She gives me the same story as last time. So I didnt really know what to do. One night when she was sleeping I looked at her phone and the texts she was sending. What I see is pretty heartbreaking, basically she is saying she wants to be with this guy and she cant hardly stand to be around me anymore.

Now this comes as a huge shock to me because she has never said anything to me about being unhappy with me. I ask a few of our mutual friends and they say she always said what a great guy I was and how happy I made her. So i confront her about the texts and finally she just admits to wanting to leave me and be with him, she says that there is just something missing in our relationship but she isnt sure how to explain it. I try and tell her we can fix it but shes not having any of that so we break up.

So now I am trying to move on, I have been checking out plenty of fish but not having much luck there. Seems like no one ever responds when I mesage them. Any advice on how to get more responses would be appreciated!
You're probably really in a depressed state which is ok bro, that's expected. It's good that you're trying to get out and get laid. I recommend these three things for you Bars, Drunkness, and don't drive after drunk. Try your best to not bring your ex up, and put her out of your mind as much as you can...it's gonna take time bro, but honestly fuck dating websites right now man. It's all typing and bull shit you know?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Brings up an interesting question: if a girl you are dating or considering dating is an aspiring actress or musician, I'm inclined to say don't even get started with them. A vast majority of the time they are gonna fail and you'll be stuck picking up the pieces of her broken dreams. If they do succeed after years of your financial and emotional support, you think she'll stick with your boring ass when she climbs to the upper social strata? That'd be an exceedingly rare case

Lord13yron

Trakanon Raider
Sorry Guys I'm not gonna be posting any nudes but thanks for all the advice. And to Dabamf Yeah you are dead on about dating an aspiring actress or musician and I think that is basically what happened here. Her band started seeing a moderate amount of success and she thought she was too good for me all of a sudden. But when we first started dating she wasn't really an aspiring musician. I mean I knew she could sing and was pretty good at it but she wasn't actively seeking to join a band or start a musical career. It just sort of happened one day when this guy asked her to come over and do some guest vocals on his album and asked her to be the full time vocalist shortly after

Needless

Toe Sucker
Wheres the dude that bangs hookers and brags about it, Thats the TGWBYH Thread i like
frown.png

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Yea that sucks to hear, but what can you do. You'll be fine in the long run even if the short term sucks. Just use it as an opportunity to better yourself, and fuck skanks and post their pics here in the meantime.

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
Wheres the dude that bangs hookers and brags about it, Thats the TGWBYH Thread i like
frown.png
for the record....i didn't bang hookersssss, it was one girl "Kristen Elizabeth Wojceichowski" and yes she was a hooker, but she meant more than that to me i was seeing her for 8 month, and yes she did give me an STD, which in turn i passed on to my wife, but me and Kristen our over and my wife is in the process of forgiving me, and every thing will be fine ( thanks for asking ) my wife had a complete blood screening done and nothing except gonorrhea showed up, one my results come back clean we will resume our sex life

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Which, if we assume you are not trolling, brings up the question of if you were still interested enough in nailing your wife enough to be drilling her around the same time you were paying the hooker, then why the fuck were you going hooker trolling in the first place? Seriously, if you are not a troll you are arguably one of the worst human beings ever to post on this board, which is a fairly amazing accomplishment.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How would you view a guy who finds his wife attractive enough to still bang who then decided to go plow some STD infested drugged out whore, who he then spreads the STD to his wife? What could your wife (and child) have possibly done to deserve this kind of treatment? If you have some form of justification for your behavior, I would love to hear it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
J49, just curious if you've searched around a bit and found the RL pics of the dude who is giving you shit.

Phaz, I thought dudes who look like Santa were supposed to be jolly. Is J49 on your naughty list?