The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
She was actually always quite apologetic later in the day when she knew she was cranky, and the next day would make a herculean effort not to be cranky. Then the day after she'd slip again. It was pretty funny.

Funniest for me really was the first morning when she was making oatmeal. She had planned out and bought all the meals, my only job food wise was to start the stove and boil however much water we needed. She also consolidated a lot of the food to reduce garbage/packaging, so we just had a big bag of oatmeal instead of a bunch of individual packets. So she tells me to boil 2 cups of water or whatever. I do that and go to pour the water in the bowls that she's put oatmeal in to. Which I observe to be damn near full of dry oatmeal.

"Hey babe, that uh, that looks like a lot of oatmeal."

"NO IT'S NOT!"

"Well, okay. Sure. Great. We're going to need more water then"

"NO WE DON'T!"

*pour piddly amount of water in to massive bowls of oatmeal, we both observe the oatmeal barely get wet*

"So uhm, how much oatmeal did you put in each bowl?"

"WELL YOU SAID YOU WANTED TWO PACKAGES EACH MORNING SO THAT'S WHY THERE'S SO MUCH!"

"Babe, calm down. How much oatmeal is in each?"

"EACH PACKET IS LIKE 2/3 OF A CUP SO I MEASURED THAT AMOUNT FOR ME AND TWICE FOR YOU. IT WORKS FINE THAT WAY WHEN I DO IT AT HOME!"

"Hmmm, well, I think you may have gotten that mixed up with the amount of water needed for one packet babe. That's a LOT of oatmeal. And that would have meant we needed like 4-5 cups of water at least. I think it's a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio water to oatmeal generally."

"WHARBLEGARBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*I choke down a massive amount of dry oatmeal, hoping my stomach won't explode when it expands*

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Typical female. If you're wrong, you're an asshole and you'll get criticized for it. If she's wrong and you point it out, you're an asshole and you'll get criticized for it. If she's wrong and you don't point it out and someone else does, you're an asshole and you'll get criticized for not telling her.

If it rains, she's in a bad mood and will complain about everything. If anything doesn't go well, it's your fault. Everything gets taken out on you.

Who has time for that shit? Kick those bitches to the curb.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
she's really just saving a lot. Leave it to a trained gerontologist to be worried about retirement planning at 25.
That's a good quality and you should encourage it, not argue about it. I wish I was more concerned at 25 about those things.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Typical female. If you're wrong, you're an asshole and you'll get criticized for it. If she's wrong and you point it out, you're an asshole and you'll get criticized for it. If she's wrong and you don't point it out and someone else does, you're an asshole and you'll get criticized for not telling her.

If it rains, she's in a bad mood and will complain about everything. If anything doesn't go well, it's your fault. Everything gets taken out on you.

That's price of being able to stick your dick in them. Beats having to argue who gets to be the catcher.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That's price of being able to stick your dick in them. Beats having to argue who gets to be the catcher.
There's that, for sure. Also, she's a pretty damn good cook, while I am not. So I can sit and play a video game or surf the web for an hour or whatever while she slaves away in the kitchen.

But mostly sex.

iannis

Musty Nester
Sex and Food. She's hitting 2 of the 3 primary points. Cook, Clean, and Fuck. If a woman can do any one of these things well, she's girlfriend material. If she can do any two of these things well, she's marriage material. If she can do all three of them well offer to lick her butthole and give her all your money. You might as well propose to this woman. She's got you bro. She's got you.

Go forth and spawn some little mounties!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, she's a pretty damn good cook, while I am not.
"EACH PACKET IS LIKE 2/3 OF A CUP SO I MEASURED THAT AMOUNT FOR ME AND TWICE FOR YOU. IT WORKS FINE THAT WAY WHEN I DO IT AT HOME!"
biggrin.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
lol, that's cause she was trying to actually measure shit. Like most women, actual measurements are largely a mystery. I think I must have told her that a cup is about 250ml about a dozen times and she still couldn't grasp it by the end of the trip. When she's cooking in a real kitchen, not just adding water to dehydrated meals, she just goes by taste and it generally works out awesome. She can't cook steak worth a shit though, but that's man's work anyways.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

amen

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't stand this line of thinking. Women's irrational behavior and craziness is a "price" we have to pay? Give me a break. If men were half as irrational as women are, we'd be kicked to the curb in 5 seconds flat.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I can't stand this line of thinking. Women's irrational behavior and craziness is a "price" we have to pay? Give me a break. If men were half as irrational as women are, we'd be kicked to the curb in 5 seconds flat.
So when are you adding a second 'i' to your name and switching teams?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Eh...she's on a long backpacking trip for the first time. That's a test of wills for anyone, so I wouldnt blame tthe snappyness. If she's like that all the time, that's another story.

And a chick (hell, anyone really) that can reflect on their past behavior and make amends is not all that common of a quality

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So when are you adding a second 'i' to your name and switching teams?
Because a price shouldhaveto be payed, for the glory of a female's genitals, amirite?! I hate that men think we should have to put up with constant irrationality and bitching, as a cost we should just "accept" and have to endure.

Rune_sl

shitlord
The whole HSV1/HSV2 thing is shit they teach nurses. If you think you can get a blowjob from a chick with a cold sore and you're not going to get herpes then you're just past reasoning with. Mucous membranes are mucous membranes. In the real world you don't know, it doesn't matter and we've all been exposed anyway from the hundreds of unsolicited contacts we've had with food, drink, our hands, relatives slobbering all over us, grandma kisses, etc. A significant amount of people are just extremely resistant to breaking out.

Herpes is like, a fucking innate part of human DNA at this point. We co-evolved with this fucking ancient family of viruses. There's probably hundreds of deactivated incorporated ancient herpes viruses innate in the human genome at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a key factor in human evolution due to transpositions and shit.

I have nothing to add with regards to finances or bitches being crazy. I fully plan on having a secret bank account in addition to "our" joint bank account. Because bitches be crazy, yo.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sex and Food. She's hitting 2 of the 3 primary points. Cook, Clean, and Fuck. If a woman can do any one of these things well, she's girlfriend material. If she can do any two of these things well, she's marriage material. If she can do all three of them well offer to lick her butthole and give her all your money. You might as well propose to this woman. She's got you bro. She's got you.

Go forth and spawn some little mounties!
Quoting for posterity. My girlfriend only manages 1 1/2 ... She keeps the place clean/laundry... and she can bake (but not cook).
frown.png

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Because a price shouldhaveto be payed, for the glory of a female's genitals, amirite?! I hate that men think we should have to put up with constant irrationality and bitching, as a cost we should just "accept" and have to endure.
This is what I deserve for making a tongue in cheek joke I suppose.

I agree with you, but until women become ruled by logic instead of emotions and/or sexbots get invented, men are screwed.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is what I deserve for making a tongue in cheek joke I suppose.

I agree with you, but until women become ruled by logic instead of emotions and/or sexbots get invented, men are screwed.
Men are just as dumb as women. Women being wired differently obviously causes them to come to their dumb conclusions differently than men, but make no mistake that men are just as dumb as women.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Men are just as dumb as women. Women being wired differently obviously causes them to come to their dumb conclusions differently than men, but make no mistake that men are just as dumb as women.
No argument here. But we do tend to reach our peak idiocy much quicker and are sometimes able to point out what caused the dumb. *shrug*

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand the concept of splitting some remaining amount of joint money or paycheck(s). If you can't justify what you spend such that you need to label the money as off limits, couldn't that be construed as a trust issue? What if something major and unexpected comes up(car repair, kid needs braces, etc), who's sacred spending money gets hit more?
Then you both put more into the joint account.

If you don't have the same goals financially, I'm not going to say you shouldn't be married, that's a little extreme, but it might cause problems down the road. What if you're saving almost all your spending money for a down payment while your significant other is blowing it all on her anime obsession? That wouldn't annoy you at least a little bit? Come regale us with your stories, Haus.
Eh? Haus isn'nt me, is it?