The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Cheating for over a month with a co-worker? It's over already. It wasn't just a fling or just sex.

If it was just a drunk hookup with a stranger one time then you might be able to salvage it. Cant see this working out for you though

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I think the real problem here is forgiveness. At some point for your marriage to genuinely be reconciled and not just put on life support until the next time you have a reason to get divorced, you have to genuinely forgive her for what she did. Without lying to yourself, do you really think you're capable of forgiving her for banging one of her co-workers for a month and a half?

Nosce te ipsum.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You shouldn't have said anything and just started banging someone yourself. Then if you got caught see if she confessed or kept hers hidden and tried to disgrace you. That would have cleared up what kind of woman you were dealing with.

Actually she probably would have thrown hers right in your face then rationalized some bullshit reasons why you were the one in the wrong not her.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Talk to a lawyer to draw up a postnuptial and start going to counseling. During your sessions make it clear you have huge trust issues now and a postnuptial will help nullify these feelings and perhaps you can move forward and past it. If she doesnt sign it, she doesnt give a shit about your feelings and you're already prepared with a lawyer in tow. If she signs it, you've covered your ass. Just taking money out of a joint account and putting it elsewhere does not protect it. If she wants it she can take it via her lawyer and bank statements.

After you fail counseling in 6 months file for divorce. The counseling shows you had a willingness to fix your problems, and the postnuptial protects you if she goes crazy and racks up debt during the time you're attempting to fix the marriage.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I say move on but realize it's difficult. You probably won't ever get over it so do you want a daily reminder or a weekly reminder for the rest of your life? People change the only thing that's static is you don't want to be the guy with the wife who's got a fucking boyfriend. Christ what a christmas party that would be.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The fact that she works with the guy means she can't just simply cut off communication. She gonna change jobs? Based on what you've said doesn't seem like you'd be able to trust her to just continue working at the same company as the guy and just take her word for it.

What were the text exchanges like? Seems like she wanted to get caught man, like she has some real feelings for the guy or something because otherwise she would have just deleted the texts after she read them instead of saving them all and locking the phone. I don't think there's a person on earth who wouldn't find their SO suddenly locking their phone as suspicious. Or is your wife not much of a thinker?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I couldn't forgive her. Cheating is the mega "nope" for me. As other have said make sure to get your duckies in a row. Do the counseling, get a lawyer to write up a post nuptial.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The fact that she works with the guy means she can't just simply cut off communication. She gonna change jobs? Based on what you've said doesn't seem like you'd be able to trust her to just continue working at the same company as the guy and just take her word for it.

What were the text exchanges like? Seems like she wanted to get caught man, like she has some real feelings for the guy or something because otherwise she would have just deleted the texts after she read them instead of saving them all and locking the phone. I don't think there's a person on earth who wouldn't find their SO suddenly locking their phone as suspicious. Or is your wife not much of a thinker?
Gotta keep that toddler away from your phone!

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I couldn't forgive her. Cheating is the mega "nope" for me. As other have said make sure to get your duckies in a row. Do the counseling, get a lawyer to write up a post nuptial.
I might be able to forgive a one night stand if a relationship was in a bad place, she admitted it (instead of me finding out), she felt genuinely bad about it, etc. But an ongoing affair, especially with someone I probably know? Start packing, cunt.

Basically: momentary indiscretion is probably forgivable, dating someone else when you are married isn't. Well, to me at least.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Relationships are about trust. Nothing else really matters. Once the trust is gone so is the relationship.

iannis

Musty Nester
I dunno. You don't have kids. You really are just starting out together, basically.

Sounds kind of like poison, tbh. Best case is that she can't control her infatuations.

Which is perfectly forgivable. But not something you want to invest 20 years into.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, I can't read. Young kid. Makes it more complicated by quite a bit. Lawyers will have to be involved.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Tonic will be back as soon as he's done disposing of the bodies.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Confronted her, she admitted to it, and I made her call her parents and let them know what she did. She slept at their place last night. We own a home, join credit card (low limit, no debt on it). Only debt we have are student loans and the house.

Still trying to figure out if I want to try and salvage this or not, as she has expressed a desire to do so. I type that with gritted teeth.

I just can't that fucking image out of my head, and with my imagination works, I don't think I will be able to for a long gd time, if ever.
Paternity test. If she'll do it once, she'll do it twice. Together for 14 years but only married for 6? She's fucked other guys while on a "break" with you at some point in your relationship. GUARANTEED.

When the test comes back and the child isn't yours, it will make your divorce that much easier and less likely for a judge to fuck you over with alimony, although you'll probably have to pay child support even if it isn't yours.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Paternity test. If she'll do it once, she'll do it twice. Together for 14 years but only married for 6? She's fucked other guys while on a "break" with you at some point in your relationship. GUARANTEED.

When the test comes back and the child isn't yours, it will make your divorce that much easier and less likely for a judge to fuck you over with alimony, although you'll probably have to pay child support even if it isn't yours.
Autism

Xevy

Log Wizard

Never ceases to deliver. Awesome.