The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

I blew off the latest fuck buddy a couple weeks ago. I'm in the clear.Might be a good night to belly up to a bar somewhere and keep a look out for other Valentines Day singles, but will probably just stay home and study. #foreveralone
loiter in the frozen food section near the Ben & Jerry's, fish in a barrel bro.

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
Met a girl a few weeks ago off OKC and we hit it off right away. It was kind of a weird time because I didn't expect anything to come of it. I completely forgot Valentines day was this week. We've been out 4 times but i'm not exactly sure if I should ask her to be my "Valentine". Maybe I should just give her a rose and a letter? I'm also pretty much broke until next week. Do you think she will be upset if we don't do anything? She seems to like me as well.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Maybe I should just give her a rose and a letter? I'm also pretty much broke until next week.
Rose and a letter sounds beta as fuck bro. If you have been out a few times and have hit it off, give what she really wants for V. Day...dick in a box. And chocolates. Bitches love chocolate.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
If you are broke and really wanna spend time with her just get a $10 bottle of wine, a couple steaks, a couple of baked potatoes, and a salad in a bag and invite her over for dinner and a movie.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah chocolates also, maybe a rose and chocolate...fuck I hate this shit.
I would skip the rose tbh, it seems like the kind of thing where if you don't go for a half dozen at least it might come off like you couldn't decide if you guys were serious enough for flowers or not. I would think taking her out to dinner + a box of chocolates would be fine, considering that you just started dating.

Disclaimer: I've been dating my girlfriend for 4+ years so I might just be completely out of touch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We pretty much ignore it. Most likely will go out to eat somewhere then bang sloppily for 10 minutes until I map out Hawaii on her back then go to bed. Could be worse.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I are going to hit up the Cinepolis (theatre that serves booze and food in the theatre) to see the new Die Hard as our Vagina Day date. My wife is a nerdy tomboy, but she pretty much demands a date and flowers every year, so thats what we do.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Or you could do like me, married for 13 yrs, and do dick all for V day. Except laugh at all the noobs spending money on a shitty hallmark holiday.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Or you could do like me, married for 13 yrs, and do dick all for V day. Except laugh at all the noobs spending money on a shitty hallmark holiday.
You sure sound like a riot to be around

Thanks. Well she did suggest an alternative but cancelled that too, no alternative suggested after that. I'll just let her contact me if she wants to see me, trying to be more laid back about stuff like this - in the past I'd be trying to arrange other days and getting stressed out over it.

How do you "make a move" or "express interest"? This stuff seems so easy for most people but I don't seem to be making much progress. I really despair over it.
The most important advice I and everyone else forgot to say: You should never--under any circumstance, for any reason, in any country or on any planet--take to heart anything a girl says to you in the early stages of meeting/attraction. The kind of guy she likes, what she does for fun, andespeciallyany negative thing stated or implied about you. The more a girl is attracted to you, the more she'll test you with subtle or not-so-subtle insults, tests of your confidence, etc. The hotter she is and the more her juices are pumping, the more frequently she'll do it and the more direct it will be. I think failure to handle this last part is what makes most guys get friended after they started off well. Even the nicest, most self-aware, non-cunty girls throw out at least one or two tests. I don't know why I can't think of a single example; maybe because I might as well have been a eunich for the past 7 months.