The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

Dumar_sl

shitlord
You're missing the point of what I said though. If you actually want to give a shit, not doing such is adjustment just to get the result you want to get.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're missing the point of what I said though. If you actually want to give a shit, not doing such is adjustment just to get the result you want to get.
I can give a shit without givng too much of a shit to the point that its unhealthy for myself and the relationship. Guys fall into that mode far too easily, and fall far too hard as a result when things turn on them. It's not about wanting to care or not, its about growing to learn how best to care and how to temper your emotional responses so that they are channeled in the healthiest way for you, her and as a couple.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I read Dumar's post last night before I went to sleep. I reread it again just now. I've even had some coffee. It makes sense to me, and I'm not sure how to feel about that since I lack the excuses of 'I'm tired and lack caffeine'.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I really like this post. It's a good summary of the "be yourself" vs "play the game" argument. But it is not a dichotomy. As Famm said, your personality is, to a huge extent, learned. However, by adulthood it is largely static. That doesn't mean that new behaviors can't be learned, but it does mean that you can't wildly change who you are to fit some archetype of "attractive male."

However, I argue that, by playing the game, putting up this fake persona to attract girls, you are in effect teaching yourself adaptive behaviors that willbecome part of who you are. For every neg you throw or "body rock" away because it said to do it in a book, each time it works you are reinforcing that behavior to yourself. It's operant conditioning. Over time, that becomes your default reaction, and suddenly it's now "you." A lot of the stuff may still seem artificial to you after a while, but I'm sure some of it is compatible with your "real" personality, and those things you can integrate. For example, PUAs have/had some line about horoscopes but I get angry at even the mention of horoscopes, so I could never use that naturally. On the other hand, I'm a teaser and like a little back and forth, so that type of stuff I can naturally incorporate. I would argue that even the stuff that is the complete opposite of your personality teaches you intrinsic lessons about optimal behavior that you can naturally incorporate into your personality.

This all goes on the assumption that you are using PUA stuff as a temporary measure. That's how I see it. A training, so to speak. The PUAs will say "become a master, then go natural." I say use it to get to a point you're satisfied with, then go natural, because few ever truly become a master, and every bit of time spent on some artificial formula is, to some extent, time lost.

You know the whole availability thing is interesting to me. I was actually talking with my old man about this the other day. He was telling me when he was "courting" my mom he would go days without calling her. Now that's not really news or anything, but I think in this day and age it's a bit more difficult to pull that off with so many different avenues or communication, at least imo. Case and point, with the suicide girl we talk on google chat, fbook messages, texts, skype, etc. etc. She knows when I'm like working throughout the day when I'm on google chat that if I don't respond to her it's not me not being available, but it's like why didn't you respond. The same goes with texts and everything. To me trying to go a day without responding doesn't look unavailable, just not interested / playing a game.

I think immediately from the get-go these communication barriers need to be set and if you try after the fact to play the less available card it just looks like you're not interested.
Just because you're technically available doesn't mean you have to be available, imo. If someone texts me a lot and I get tired of responding, I just don't. If they ask why, I kind of ignore the question because I feel justified in not always being accountable to someone. "Why couldn't you answer?" is an intrusive question for anyone except a spouse/family. It's none of your business. I'm sure that'd go over like a lead balloon with suicide girl though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Advise bros,

Met up with this chick the other night, went to a restaurant chatted it up things went well

took her to a bar got her drunk, started making out, went back to her place

Obviously pushed to bang her, she let me feel up her tits and stuff, pushed her up against her door, and started going to work but she kinda pushed me off a little, said if I kept going I would end up starting something.

Told her we didn't have to do anything she didn't wanna, she was like "wanting it and getting it are two different things" ... I was like "ok that's cool I'm patient"

Eventually left her place and was talking to her the next day, and sounded like she wanted to meet up but then I guess one of her friends wanted to go out with her

I was like fine just let me know either way

she's like "haha yesir will do" but never get's back to me

Sent her a one or two word text day after "Hello?" or somethin'

That was Sat and it's Thurs bros...I'm not use to someone I thought was into me just completely blowing me off...but I'm at the point where I want to see her again...but like I don't think I should be initiating shit right? Because it's on her now
you know?

I dunno do I bother sending her anymore than one message, is she playing hard to get, did she bang some other dude and move on or something, da fuck bros?
IMO, you should park outside of her house and call her every few minutes till the coast is clear and she invites you back in.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm about to make a (very long) post that should hopefully provide insight and real, meaningful advice to most people in this thread. I've touched upon what I'm about to go into numerous times here and elsewhere, but this time it should be more complete.
How many hot chicks did you smash and was it enjoyable enough to date any of them for a while? Thanks for the thesis but what were the results of dating these chicks, give us some individual stories.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok so there is a girl i've started talking to (I think she's a 10, doubt anyone would rate her below an 8) that I work with and like. I'm not good with people in general (extremely shy etc) but it seems like she might like me for some unknown reason. She gave me her number, asked me to hang out etc. but i'm not sure if she likes me or just wants to be friends. Anything I can do to find out without making things awkward given the work situation?

Inb4 all the comments about my looks/meth habit/virginity/gay/etc.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you really a virgin?

Post a pic of her first so we can rate your compatibility.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Don't have a pic of her but she's way out of my league (I consider myself a 5, maybe a 6 on a good day lol). No i'm not a virgin, have only been with one girl tho (we were engaged for a while before it ended).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
No, I said the taco bell diet is affordable. I work at a restaurant, yes, but it's not fast food and i'm not Gaige or Samdaman kthx.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well what about Facebook, surely she has pics all over that shit.

Also, fuck it, since she's not 14 go hang out with her and see what happens. Depending on how she acts you might figure out more if she's DTF. Just asking you to do shit outside of work is generally a good sign I'd say, but it is weird if she's really that hot and wants to hang out withyou, I agree. Maybe she's only a 9-10 in YOUR eyes, and objectively she isn't that out of reach. Or maybe she just thinks you have good drugs. Or maybe she thinks guys who look like you are hiding a giant dong. This girl's not very bright is she?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
If she is interested, you're gonna fuck it up because you think you couldn't ever land a girl like her. Convince yourself she's secretly a nazi or a man or likes jews or something so you won't think she's so out of your league.

A wise man once told me, many years ago when I was frettin over some broad: "Just whip it out. Either she starts sucking it or she laughs. Either way you know where you stand." That man was Jesus