The Girls Who Broke Your Heart Thread

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
It normally wouldn't take me longer than 5 messages to setup the meet, get the number and say see you then - your game is bad and you should feel bad.

Don't try to be witty over IM - send an email, say you like something in her profile, tell her to check your out and if she's interested in getting together write you back. If she writes back, don't be a cheap bitch and suggest coffee - do something different than ever other person messaging her (I live by the shore, so a round of mini-golf, listen to a band at a beach bar, shit like that) - she say's sounds great, and you give her your number and say, send me yours - drop her a text to say you got it, and see you at whatever time you were gonna meet up, and that's it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No, coffee is a great go-to for the first date. If it's a disaster, you're not committed to anything for a lengthy amount of time.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
You're trying too hard to put your personality on the table. The jokes, the beliefs about sex, etc. Tone it down, and get to the date earlier than you do. I disagree about pushing the date too fast. You want her to give you some reason to want to see her other than her looks before you suggest the meet. That sets you up better for the future and increases the chance of her saying yes. But it should be quick

So I quit fucking around on tinder. Realized associating with low class girls is not worth getting laid easily anymore. That one chick that blew me off 20m after our meet never contacted me again. Given how our first date went, I know I could have contacted her again and at least had some fun out of it, but it wasn't worth my time. At the same time I have this voice in the back of my head that I should anyway, that I should WANT to want to make some fun of it. But I can't be bothered. Getting old..

A weird experience I've felt lately, and I may have talked about this before, is that many of the rules I learned when I was younger don't apply anymore, presumably because my status or position has changed. I'm now in a very good grad program, working toward an eventual phd, and am way more confident with myself, compared with in the past when I was always in some transient job, intentionally wasting time or just having fun (working in a restaurant, living in Korea, or applying for grad school). In the past, I had to be a little bit of a dick to present myself optimally and it always felt like the girl wore at least 40% of the pants in any new interaction. I'm naturally a pretty nice guy, so my game was always (1)ignore, (2)be a bit of a dick, (3)get to know them,(4)slowly warm up to them.

However, now I find myself in a weird position with girls (at least the last 3 I've dated, 2 of which I should note are from tinder) where I am fully in control. If I'm a dick at all, they feel bad and get discouraged, rather than get intrigued. The girls are taking a more passive role. They accept a date invite, but don't take any initiative in moving toward that. A good friend of mine who is very perceptive said that a big part of my allure is that it's clear that I'm very particular, and I (inadvertently) put the girl in a position of wondering if she fits my criteria. I wonder if that + being a little of a dick is exciting from a guy who has no status, but from me now it is intimidating

I don't know if that illustrates what I'm trying to say very well. In Korea I had difficulty initially with the fact that guys have to take all the initiative and operate somewhat blindly as to the interest of the girl because girls are so passive. I'm experiencing a similar thing now being back in the states, but only in the past year now that I essentially have higher status. It's kind if annoying because I like that feedback. If a girl wants to see me again, I want her to take at least a little initiative. But all I'm getting lately is deference.

Is this a similar experience other guys have had after getting a more prestigious job or in some other way achieving higher social status? It could just be a fluke of the last 3 girls I've met, but something tells me it's not. It could also be a symptom of the fact that I can and should be seeking higher value women now that my value has gone up, rather than bottomfeeding off tinder (that's obvious).

Problem is, there are no fucking girls still single who are around my age. Any worthwhile smart girl is engaged at my age.

3 minutes...why drag it out...i usually get that part over in the first 15 seconds, after they get in the car
I come for the train wreck stories; I stay for j49's one-liners

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Problem is, there are no fucking girls still single who are around my age. Any worthwhile smart girl is engaged at my age.
This. Well...usually married instead of engaged. Or they have a kid, which is a no for me. Which means I usually end up gravitating to the early-to-mid-20s girls and hope I can find someone getting out of college that is out of her party phase.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I suck at handling relationships, I admit it. I still think you suck Dabamf <angst>

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Gah. Girlfriend is being whiny because I won't see her before I fly out to Portland tomorrow. "Bitch, I'm a little busy"

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'll admit stumbling onto a 32 year old, never been married, never had kids, picky as hell woman has been a godsend. I feel all you guys in the mid 30's not wanting to continue someone else's saved game.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's a little tip: There are "good women" in their early/mid 30s, they just aren't interested in you.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Gah. Girlfriend is being whiny because I won't see her before I fly out to Portland tomorrow. "Bitch, I'm a little busy"
Sounds like a friend of ours. My wife will make plans with her and she has repeatedly cancelled or changed plans because her husband is "going out of town for work for a couple days" and she acts like they aren't going to see each other for MONTHS. It's fucking infuriating. He get home after 2 days and they NEED to spend the entire week together to recover. It's so pathetic.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
They'll get sick of each other and divorce in a couple months/years, like everyone else that is that clingy.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I'll admit stumbling onto a 32 year old, never been married, never had kids, picky as hell woman has been a godsend. I feel all you guys in the mid 30's not wanting to continue someone else's saved game.
Said it before, will say it again:
They are out there.
I met my wife when I was almost 36, she was 33. She had one relationship that ended on her 20th birthday. One guy, nothing else past that. She's as homely as they get, a great mother to our kid, and full of love. She's also taking care of herself, not obese, has straight teeth, holds a full time job that is paying ok, has no debt besides what we picked up together for the house, and is not mentally fucked up.

Really the worst gripe I have about her is that she doesn't screw the caps on the water bottles fully closed so if you ever knock one over (not unlikely with a 2-year old around) it ends up in a wet floor.

So yeah they exist.

Caeden

Yeah. Mine lacking in the homely department. Fuck dating or marrying a homely woman.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are out there.
I met my wife when I was almost 36, she was 33. She had one relationship that ended on her 20th birthday. One guy, nothing else past that. She's as homely as they get, a great mother to our kid, and full of love. She's also taking care of herself, not obese, has straight teeth, holds a full time job that is paying ok, has no debt besides what we picked up together for the house, and is not mentally fucked up.

Really the worst gripe I have about her is that she doesn't screw the caps on the water bottles fully closed so if you ever knock one over (not unlikely with a 2-year old around) it ends up in a wet floor.

So yeah they exist.
What about sexually? That's always supposed to be the stereotypical tradeoff. Not that you want some freaky whore, but at least someone who's down to pound with you.

Caeden

It isn't always the trade off. I take my girl to pound town nightly and she's on par with that minus the homely part. She prescribes to the whole fucking is healthy mantra (which is true).

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are out there.

So yeah they exist.
Did you really mean homely, which is a nice way of saying ugly? Or did you mean she has good domestic skills?