The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, you had 3 men who were all motoring journalists/presenters for years and probably already knew each other for decades put together and over the course of another decade became such good friends that two of the three quit their network gigs because one of them was fired from it. these new guys have never met most likely, some or all have no experience hosting a car themed tv show. plus there are so many of them that there doesnt seem like there will be an opportunity for them to get to know each other and build up a relationship where they can riff off one another.

all that aside, the show will suck in its new season, the special kind of suck that we have in our american top gear show. the BBC may panic and just toss these guys off at the end and that would be a mistake. if you are going to rebuild then you have to be in it for the long haul and allow these guys to evolve into their roles. even then, the show will still suck because there is no clarkson, hammond and may attached to it. and we are getting a clarkson hammond and may car show "soon", so fuck off top gear. as i said on an earlier post, i am starting a new thread soon as they get a name for their show so this thread can go back to being called top gear and drop back to page ten where it belongs.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm kind of already mentally preparing myself to try and view the new Top Gear how I trained myself to view the US Top Gear for the first few seasons. Just get entirely over the idea that it's anything like therealTop Gear and try to watch it with my mind in a vacuum.

But man that is going to be a lot harder in this case. What with it officially being Top Gear and all...

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
yeah, you had 3 men who were all motoring journalists/presenters for years and probably already knew each other for decades put together and over the course of another decade became such good friends that two of the three quit their network gigs because one of them was fired from it. these new guys have never met most likely, some or all have no experience hosting a car themed tv show. plus there are so many of them that there doesnt seem like there will be an opportunity for them to get to know each other and build up a relationship where they can riff off one another.

While the new show will likely still suck and there are way too many presenters, it should be pointed out that Chris Evans is personal friends with Joey and Eddie Jordan and AFAIK Matt le Blanc is the only one of them who hasn't worked in front of the cameras on a car show.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

all that aside, the show will suck in its new season, the special kind of suck that we have in our american top gear show. the BBC may panic and just toss these guys off at the end and that would be a mistake. if you are going to rebuild then you have to be in it for the long haul and allow these guys to evolve into their roles. even then, the show will still suck because there is no clarkson, hammond and may attached to it. and we are getting a clarkson hammond and may car show "soon", so fuck off top gear. as i said on an earlier post, i am starting a new thread soon as they get a name for their show so this thread can go back to being called top gear and drop back to page ten where it belongs.
I always put Clarkson, May, Hammond dynamic as a common family. Clarkson being the big bad father, May being the housewife, and Hammond being the weird ass child. Clarkson (father) berates May (the wife) and acts all manly. May annoys Clarkson and acts like he's smarter than everyone else (like a somewhat typical wife/woman does) and has a limited amount of driving talent (stereotypical woman). Hammond is the kid that loves to do stupid and childish shit and gets introuble while being yelled at by both parents for being an idiot. Hammond also tries to teach both parents what is "in" in terms of style, cars, hobbies.

That is why they work so well together

Fadaar

That guy
Dammit, I actually like Chris Harris too. At least back when /DRIVE was making useful videos that didn't cost money to see. Would have preferred to see him on Top Gear Amazon every now and then.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Dang, Chris Harris is involved with this? I really like his youtube stuff.

No idea about the black dude. Chris Evans I find to be an annoying cunt. Sabine is too old to be eye candy (if she ever could have been at any age), and why would I listen to a chick's opinion about cars? Matt LeBlanc I don't mind, I liked his guest appearance on the show before.

So, 1 good, 1 ok, 1 no business being there, 2 ?'s, and 1 annoying cunt. (Stig doesn't really count, since his presence will just remind me of the greatness of the past show.)

clarkson-bird.gif

Leevonroy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll give the new line up a chance. In the mean time I'll keep watching FifthGear. It's great to watch Tiff scare the shit out of his cohosts.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'll give the new line up a chance. In the mean time I'll keep watching FifthGear. It's great to watch Tiff scare the shit out of his cohosts.
i dunno how much you loved the clarkson may and hammond top gear, but i have been a fan for ten years and it hurt my penis when i tried to watch the american top gear guys act like them.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Uhh.. I hate to say it, but after checking out a few of the people I didn't know.. this might actually be a good show. It won't be the same show, obviously, but most of the presenters are fun to watch so far.

I think they are going with a large cast so each does whatever they are best at, rather then do everything the way Clarkson and co did. i.e. Sabine, Leblanc and whoever do the road tests/races. Reid, Evans and whoever do the news/comedy/goofy stuff. I still don't know anything about Eddie Jordan and haven't watched Evans stuff.
Plus, I'm sure they will change the format and create new things, not just copy all the stuff the show used to do. But, I won't be completely surprised if I enjoy the show itself. I highly doubt I'll like it more then the new Amazon one, though.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Dang, Chris Harris is involved with this? I really like his youtube stuff.

No idea about the black dude. Chris Evans I find to be an annoying cunt. Sabine is too old to be eye candy (if she ever could have been at any age), and why would I listen to a chick's opinion about cars? Matt LeBlanc I don't mind, I liked his guest appearance on the show before.

So, 1 good, 1 ok, 1 no business being there, 2 ?'s, and 1 annoying cunt. (Stig doesn't really count, since his presence will just remind me of the greatness of the past show.)

clarkson-bird.gif
The old guy is Eddy Jordan.

Ron Dennis, the CEO of Mclaren, called him the village idiot on Sky Sports F1, which is the pinnacle of F1 coverage. Pretty much no one disagreed with him. He's basically an fucktard extrodonaire

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always put Clarkson, May, Hammond dynamic as a common family. Clarkson being the big bad father, May being the housewife, and Hammond being the weird ass child. Clarkson (father) berates May (the wife) and acts all manly. May annoys Clarkson and acts like he's smarter than everyone else (like a somewhat typical wife/woman does) and has a limited amount of driving talent (stereotypical woman). Hammond is the kid that loves to do stupid and childish shit and gets introuble while being yelled at by both parents for being an idiot. Hammond also tries to teach both parents what is "in" in terms of style, cars, hobbies.

That is why they work so well together
You're weird.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Also as a side question, does this mean better days for Fifth Gear.

I've watched the show a bit from time to time, it's quite good. But I never felt any enthusiasm for the show, like I did with Top Gear ( with the 3 right hosts )

Leevonroy

Lord Nagafen Raider
i dunno how much you loved the clarkson may and hammond top gear, but i have been a fan for ten years and it hurt my penis when i tried to watch the american top gear guys act like them.
Watched it long before I could get it on BBC America. I agree with you about top gear USA and willing to bet most fans do. I think the larger cast will allow them to do more of a variety of segments.

As far as Eddie Jordan, he was a former F1 team owner who has FU money and doesn't give two shits about what dick up his ass Ron Dennis thinks about him. I see him doing interviews and racing stuff. Don't expect him to be out camping in lower Mongola in a car you got in trade for 3 pigs and a goat.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I caught an episode of Top Gear - the races

That's the BBC using the old footage that they own, and re-packaged . . . hosted by Matt Leblanc.

He was so dull and wooden, fortunately he wasn't on screen for much, but when he was, pretty damn bad.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That car sure seems awesome. I guess that's the best possible shape you can come up with, being that it and the Veyron are nearly identical. The differences being mostly the flat back as opposed to the Veyron's rounded rear.

Veyron
Picture6.jpg

Chiron
2017-Bugatti-Chiron-side.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
Bleh still find the Bugati supercars ugly, though the new one is a huge improvement over the Veyron. Their front ends are just so so bad.