The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Renault

N00b
It was one of my favorite movies as a kid, probably watched it five or six times over the years along with another old WW2 film The Guns of Navarone. I'll still whistle the marching tune occasionally when it pops into my head.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh please. it did have a slope on it. some people need to get a fucking life and stop reading racism in everything.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
"Slope"? Never heard that, "slant" sure, but not "slope", is that a British or Australian thing?

Australians got all worked up over Gok Wan's 'Bangers' commercial too, so I think they're just touchy
tongue.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
slope, slant, chink. coolie, Faulty Armor,tojo, mr moto, nip and jap are all traditionally racist words for asians.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yes, thank you. How many of those have you actually heard used? Never heard "slope" or "Mr Moto" and haven't heard "coolie" outside of period shows.

Maybe you know more racists than me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never heard slope or mr moto used from people, but i have seen it used in books and films. most of those other words i have seen used, on here or in real life. my uncle fought in the pacific theater during ww2 and he had a lot of colorful things to say about asians.

Goatface

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson says the BBC has told him he will be sacked if he makes "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
As far as I'm concerned if he got on a mic right now and called Piers Morgan a giant American Inventor I would be completely fine with that, because Piers Morgan is a giant American Inventor and I'm glad he lost his stupid show.

BBC News - Jeremy Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning
Clarkson was initially accused of using the "n-word" on Thursday by the Daily Mirror, which said it had hired "audio forensic experts" to analyse the clip it had obtained.
People paying money to try and get Clarkson sacked about using a bad word from an old rhyme that actually had the bad word in it. Whatever if the UK sacks him we'll gladly welcome him over in the states, you guys can have Piers Morgan back.

spronk

FPS noob
i always said that rhyme out as a kid to "randomly" pick something (even though it is always the second item that you end on):

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,
Catch a tiger by the toe.
If he hollers, let him go,
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

I guess the "real" American version though is

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo,
Catch a American Inventor by his toe,
If he won't work then let him go,
Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo.

however I have almost never heard a British person say American Inventor even in private, so I have real doubt this is even something Clarkson would say growing up. Any Brits weigh in?

Flank_sl

shitlord
As a brit the version I said as a kid was:

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,
Catch a American Inventor by the toe.
If he squeals, let him go,
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Noways kids don't even learn baa baa black sheep because it is racist.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I watch a fair amount of British TV, most past the watershed so everything but I think "cunt" goes, never heard "American Inventor". Lots of "racism" in good fun, but never "American Inventor".

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
however I have almost never heard a British person say American Inventor even in private, so I have real doubt this is even something Clarkson would say growing up. Any Brits weigh in?
can you idiots stop trying to chime in with your retarded idea that "American Inventor" has no meaning in the UK. That word is just as bad as it is in the states.

There is literally no reason for Clarkson to even put himself in this position...all he had to do to decide which car was best was toss a coin, film that instead and he wouldn't be in this situation

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
can you idiots stop trying to chime in withyour retarded idea that "American Inventor" has no meaning in the UK. That word is just as bad as it is in the states.

There is literally no reason for Clarkson to even put himself in this position...all he had to do to decide which car was best was toss a coin, film that instead and he wouldn't be in this situation
No one said that.