The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Grand Tour

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2016-11-18

Creator: Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond, Andy Wilman

Cast: Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May, Abigail Eaton

Overview: Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are back with a show about adventure, excitement and friendship... as long as you accept that the people you call friends are also the ones you find extremely annoying. Sometimes it's even a show about cars. Follow them on their global adventure.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Grand Tour
ryuUHw2CNEdXafg4e5FuiUJpvVK.jpg

Genre:

First aired: 2016-11-18

Creator:

Cast: Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, James May

Overview: Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are back with a show about adventure, excitement and friendship... as long as you accept that the people you call friends are also the ones you find extremely annoying. Sometimes it's even a show about cars. Follow them on their global adventure.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God damn it. I was looking forward to the 8 episode season. So is it special plus 6 episodes now? The wording is sort of ambiguous, where May says it's "part of the season". Really suck if it' just considered one of the 6 episodes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
on the plus side, they did come out with a pretty sweet DVD doc this year. Top Gear: The Worst Car in The World.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I watched the Bolivia episode the other day. I do not usually watch Top Gear so I do not know if that was a new episode or an old one, but it was brilliant.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
on the plus side, they did come out with a pretty sweet DVD doc this year. Top Gear: The Worst Car in The World.
Thanks for the reminder, forgot about this one.

Anyone watch the Bond cars one? Worth a watch? I haven't watched too many of their DVD specials, but I liked the Carpocalypse one.

I'm one of the only people in my circle of friends that doesn't watch this show. I've never been a car guy, so I figured there would be nothing interesting for me. A friend made me sit down and watch the episode where they drive around South America in cars they bought online, and it was pretty great. Are most of the episodes like this?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are most of the episodes like this?
Not most, they do 1-2 specials per season usually in that vein. Most episodes are in studio, few car reviews and some kind of challenge. Similar to the specials but smaller scale. It's funny, watch more. Watch this "review" thing, if you don't want to watch more the problem is with you not the show.

Just watched the worst car dvd special, pretty great. The way it devolves in to them shitting on each other's favorite cars was outstanding.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I'm one of the only people in my circle of friends that doesn't watch this show. I've never been a car guy, so I figured there would be nothing interesting for me. A friend made me sit down and watch the episode where they drive around South America in cars they bought online, and it was pretty great. Are most of the episodes like this?
Cars are tools they use for skits, but this show is nothing more then a Comedy. You don't need to "get" cars to laugh at their antics.

60 Minutes story on Top Gear

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't there some speculation a few years ago that BBC was trying to kill off the show? I know they had their budget significantly slashed a while back. But they still put out a quality series (and have since). I know their ratings are awesome, but I wonder if they actually make the BBC enough money to recoup what they spend on it.

It sounds crazy, but maybe by cutting down the number of episodes per series, they're either trying to kill or save the show (kill by getting less, save by spending less).

Flank_sl

shitlord
Wasn't there some speculation a few years ago that BBC was trying to kill off the show? I know they had their budget significantly slashed a while back. But they still put out a quality series (and have since). I know their ratings are awesome, but I wonder if they actually make the BBC enough money to recoup what they spend on it.

It sounds crazy, but maybe by cutting down the number of episodes per series, they're either trying to kill or save the show (kill by getting less, save by spending less).
The BBC is not allowed to show adverts. Shows do not really make them money (only with merchandising). With the BBC it is just a case of whether they think the show is worth the cost.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
"Top Gear: Our Worst DVD But We Need To Do Something" was what it felt like to me. Even the Bond special felt kind of rubbish. I miss the big destination specials. Everything now feels like they are spoofing themselves from during the classic years, as if they've lost their passion now that they all do their own things.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just don't understand how they are now making less episodes with more money. I miss the 10-14 episode seasons.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database