The Greatest Lie Ever Sold: George Floyd and the Rise of BLM (2022)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
70% not paying attention is why we have shit like statewide lockdowns, mask and vaccine mandates, and an administration pushing us to the brink of nuclear war.
No, definitely everything wrong in the past decade or so is from too many people paying way too much attention. And the loud people on either side being very loud about it, and the people in charge pandering to that.

All of the mask mandates and lockdowns is from everyone being glued to cable news and the people in power being like "we can't really do anything to stop this, after failing to act sooner, but now we must look like we're doing something, and we can never admit that it was our fault for underreacting initially so we're overreacting to overcompensate and hoping no one notices our incompetence."

People don't understand that there was a switch, going back to probably the mid Bush administration. War On Terror, threat level orange bullshit. The old paradigm was to keep people oblivious to what's going on. The new paradigm is to barrage people with so much goings on that they're completely paralyzed and powerless to improve their own lives. Spending less time on politics and more time on self-improvement is the sign of a healthy society. Everyone being obsessed with politics all the time is the sign of a society that has brought itself to the brink of collapse.

So yes, you're right about us being on the brink, but we're the ones that did this to ourselves.

• 6Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 7 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It really fucking doesn't.

70% of people would be better off not paying any attention to politics at all outside of a few weeks before a pending election, and just grinding hard on improving their personal life and/or the life of their family using the tools they have in front of them. For most people, the government isn't going to come and save you, nor is it hamstringing you anywhere near as much as the other side will tell you.

The other 30% need handouts to survive (mostly old people) or run businesses built on some flavor of handouts and that's why they pay attention to politics.

I can agree with this mostly. The problem is that most people don't put any effort into learning about the people they will be voting for or the issues they've ignored the past two years (if they even vote that often on issues close to home). They have the most rudimentary knowledge of what's going on outside their bubble and just vote R or D or for the person they recognize on the ballot. Does that truly help anyone? Looking at Biden, nope.

I would have agreed completely earlier in life but that led to Biden and he's the most destructive president in the past 50-100 years. With 20% inflation on many goods, grinding on improving yourself just isn't going to cut it. With almost 100 billion going to Ukraine during an inflation crisis and millions of illegals coming in to lower payrates, you just can't ignore politics right now. I'll mention Europe's issues with energy briefly because we have European members here. It's a disaster over there due to....yep, politics. Few like talking about it but it's affecting everyone today...and will continue to do so as governments get larger and larger. I'm glad you are libertarian and want the government sliced up as bad as I do. I knew I liked you for a reason.

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Not in the world of cencel culture. Alternate viewpoints are silenced. If being a centrist is just sitting back and being a silent observer while one side silences the other, is that a centrist position for Americans? Does that follow the 1st Amendment? As one side hides their attempts to use CRT, pushes tranny agendas, etc and you only see one side, is that centrist? Was the effort by the government to silence people during Covid a centrist position?

Did any of the silent people speak up for equal viewpoints? Or were they silenced? Once one side is not allowed to speak, centrist positions are to remove the silencers so that equilibrium is restored. Who did this? I didn't see anything restored.

No, you're not a centrist. You're just a coward. Unwilling to admit what positions you stand for or unwilling to defend any standards. That's not a centrist position. I'm sorry that you were confused.

I will tell you that voting for people who have specific stances on issues I care about that I agree with regardless of party will always have my support over people who put party over issues.

Locally I look for city councilman, mayors, specific jobs (ie. mosquito control and yea you vote for that in Florida), I look for voices that want to help the homeowner, local business, or efficiency of service provided. Where as for President I look for big ticket issues like the war in Ukraine for which I side with Ukrainians even if it isn't popular here in the thread for it. Do I think the President directly control gasoline prices or inflation? They can as seen in the early 80's, but the gas crisis in Nixon's Presidency was more due to the Middle East more so then anything he could have done. President's decisions can nudge OPEC+, or not these days. This recent output reduction was more to find a happy middle ground so fracking wouldn't be profitable and Russia saying fuck em all. China's zero COVID policy is more of a contributing factor for inflation more President Trump giving out PPC money or Biden forgiving student loans.

I strongly believe in the first amendment, and have yet to see the government arrest people for having opinions. These are still private businesses and you could argue that they are in the national interest to be open to all but where does that stop? Our economy says where there is interest then it can be provided without government interference, its why Telegram exists, I don't see the NSA preventing access to it even if it provides view points contrary to the current President's agenda.

My point more is, I can agree with both sides depending on the issue and I don't have to follow one party because in the end the party doesn't help me, the individual does. If a democratic mayor has a better vision for where I live then the Republican then I will vote for them or vice versa. Same goes for any race, I would happily vote for DeSantis, but I would NOT vote for my Republican congressman because what he fights for isn't helpful. He wanted the ability to conceal carry in court houses (specifically family court) where tensions are already high and my wife has to be there daily. Its not useful, helpful nor will it keep anyone safe but that's what he wants and I disagree with it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I will tell you that voting for people who have specific stances on issues I care about that I agree with regardless of party will always have my support over people who put party over issues.

Locally I look for city councilman, mayors, specific jobs (ie. mosquito control and yea you vote for that in Florida), I look for voices that want to help the homeowner, local business, or efficiency of service provided. Where as for President I look for big ticket issues like the war in Ukraine for which I side with Ukrainians even if it isn't popular here in the thread for it. Do I think the President directly control gasoline prices or inflation? They can as seen in the early 80's, but the gas crisis in Nixon's Presidency was more due to the Middle East more so then anything he could have done. President's decisions can nudge OPEC+, or not these days. This recent output reduction was more to find a happy middle ground so fracking wouldn't be profitable and Russia saying fuck em all. China's zero COVID policy is more of a contributing factor for inflation more President Trump giving out PPC money or Biden forgiving student loans.

I strongly believe in the first amendment, and have yet to see the government arrest people for having opinions. These are still private businesses and you could argue that they are in the national interest to be open to all but where does that stop? Our economy says where there is interest then it can be provided without government interference, its why Telegram exists, I don't see the NSA preventing access to it even if it provides view points contrary to the current President's agenda.

My point more is, I can agree with both sides depending on the issue and I don't have to follow one party because in the end the party doesn't help me, the individual does. If a democratic mayor has a better vision for where I live then the Republican then I will vote for them or vice versa. Same goes for any race, I would happily vote for DeSantis, but I would NOT vote for my Republican congressman because what he fights for isn't helpful. He wanted the ability to conceal carry in court houses (specifically family court) where tensions are already high and my wife has to be there daily. Its not useful, helpful nor will it keep anyone safe but that's what he wants and I disagree with it.

Good stuff. I stand corrected.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Its not an unreasonable take to think that the fentanyl was a major contributing (or sole factor) in his death and also believe that pinning someone down by the back of their neck with your knee for that long is inherently dangerous and unnecessary. I am not one of those people who thinks the police are the boogie man looking to off minorities, but I do believe that there needs to be a federal minimum standard of training that includes de-escalation techniques and better ways to cuff offenders that don't require a knee there.

The problem with the "centrists" is they seem to think having opinions right in the middle of shit they know nothing about makes them enlightened somehow.

pinning someone down by the back of their neck with your knee for that long is inherently dangerous and unnecessary."

This is wrong and dumb. Would you say pinning someone down they were trained and did it for many many hours, and had it done to them, in academies and continuing education is more or less dangerous than letting a drugged out crazy person run around in traffic? What's the "necessary" amount of time? When the ambulance that they requested shows up? Because that's when they stopped. Or do you set a timer and let the crazy 6'6 240lb guy speedballing do whatever he wants once we hit 3 minutes? Floyd was a very big boy on a lot of drugs, and those cops were little guys and having to deal with a hostile crowd. Saying "there needs to be a better way" is a completely worthless phrase for retarded people. If you have a better way, that's great let us know what it is. If you don't then shut the fuck up you're wasting everyone's time.

Your ideas on de-escalation are wrong, too. For some reason dumb people think there's a magic combination of words that will make someone your best friend, love you, apologize for their crimes and take on a brand new life repenting for the wrongs they've done. These people, again, don't live in reality. There are people that see you talking calmly and trying to be their friends as weakness and suddenly get ballsy and want to fight, and now somebody gets hurt. If you instead tell that same person to shut the fuck up or you're going to slam them on the hood of your car, they'll definitely hate you but they'll do what you say and nobody gets hurt. It's also not just talking. Uses of force are also de-escalation. Bean bagging someone so you don't have to shoot them is de-escalation, shooting someone so they stop being a threat to other people is de-escalation.

Even though you think you're a centrist, it's hard to believe that when you seem to blindly follow narratives you don't understand.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Innocence has nothing to do with it. Dude could be a bonifide scum bag for all I know/care. But he was indeed killed by the cops actions.
holy shit, nobody has learned from the Trayvon Martin thread. people should not be allowed to post here without reading that thread and understanding what is going on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
The problem with the "centrists" is they seem to think having opinions right in the middle of shit they know nothing about makes them enlightened somehow.

This is wrong and dumb. Would you say pinning someone down they were trained and did it for many many hours, and had it done to them, in academies and continuing education is more or less dangerous than letting a drugged out crazy person run around in traffic? What's the "necessary" amount of time? When the ambulance that they requested shows up? Because that's when they stopped. Or do you set a timer and let the crazy 6'6 240lb guy speedballing do whatever he wants once we hit 3 minutes? Floyd was a very big boy on a lot of drugs, and those cops were little guys and having to deal with a hostile crowd. Saying "there needs to be a better way" is a completely worthless phrase for retarded people. If you have a better way, that's great let us know what it is. If you don't then shut the fuck up you're wasting everyone's time.

Your ideas on de-escalation are wrong, too. For some reason dumb people think there's a magic combination of words that will make someone your best friend, love you, apologize for their crimes and take on a brand new life repenting for the wrongs they've done. These people, again, don't live in reality. There are people that see you talking calmly and trying to be their friends as weakness and suddenly get ballsy and want to fight, and now somebody gets hurt. If you instead tell that same person to shut the fuck up or you're going to slam them on the hood of your car, they'll definitely hate you but they'll do what you say and nobody gets hurt. It's also not just talking. Uses of force are also de-escalation. Bean bagging someone so you don't have to shoot them is de-escalation, shooting someone so they stop being a threat to other people is de-escalation.

Even though you think you're a centrist, it's hard to believe that when you seem to blindly follow narratives you don't understand.

Oh fun someone who only gets informed by their preferred news source. My wife and I are good friends with 4 Sarasota County deputies a south county baliff and my step father was a cop in Lee County for 30 years, so I am going to go off what they have told me of the situation over whatever Brietbart told you to think.

They are trained to knee then down at the top of the back between the shoulder blades, then the other cops instead of standing around with a thumb up their ass can help with the cuffing procedure. This also allows neck movement so the perp can still fucking breathe. These dingus' that pin on the back of the neck do it because it can slowly black someone out which makes them easier to arrest but again. FUCKING DANGEROUS, and yea while it didn't kill Floydd it certain has killed others. if 4 fucking cops were unable to cuff him after 9 minutes of that then they are shit cops. Noone in law enforcement that I have talked to agreed with what they did, and yea there was another way, what they should of have actually been trained to do not whatever they wanted to do.

Your other ideas are tired, I don't really wanna debate them. I am not talking about magic words against some dude on a shooting spree, but guess what I agree with you on use of non lethal methods. An officers gun should be their last resort, not their first which we see a lot. Bean bag em, tase em, risk your life tp chase a suspect instead of shooting them in the back while they run away when they are no longer a threat, its the job and the good ones know it.

But whatever, you have to be a partisan hack these days. Theres no room for nuance, debate or understanding. That attitude is what keeps me out of the political section of the boards, I could care less if I got negged to kingdom come and I know I wouldn't get banned, theres just no room to talk about anyhting there. Partisan hackery is the name of the game and both sides do it and its exhausting. God forbid someone be pro blue lives matter, while supporting Ukraine, wanting tough immigration laws, anti abortion but pro contraception, against doctor's doing god knows what to kids and thinking these book bans are retarded and un American.

Nah people like that don't exist, gotta always double down and vote for anyone Trump endorses even though I think he should have deleted Twitter the day he became President and that shit was embarressing. But everyone ate it up cause it "owned" the left. Put DeSantis on a ticket theres someone I'd support but Trump and his way of doing things is old hat and lame.

• 6Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Being on the internet destroys any semblance of a nuanced view on anything. People like Dave Rubin, Candace Owens, Steven Crowder, and Ben Shapiro are all capable of nuance (not actually sure about this in the case of Candace), but they don't do it anymore because the internet punishes critical thinking and rewards repeating the party line. Eventually they all get hammered into partisan hacks who are ready to spout any kind of nonsense as long as it's part of the narrative of their side. Not that the left is any different, I just haven't listened to them as much.
"Not that the left is any different". Lol.

The left was the first to engage in everything you just said, fella. The reason the right is demanding it now is for that reason. We're not interested in finding a middle ground with the left anymore. They destroyed that opportunity andnow they're balls deep in destroying the country. Fuck them and people that extend a hand to them.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
"Not that the left is any different". Lol.

The left was the first to engage in everything you just said, fella. The reason the right is demanding it now is for that reason. We're not interested in finding a middle ground with the left anymore. They destroyed that opportunity andnow they're balls deep in destroying the country. Fuck them and people that extend a hand to them.

You know you go far enough back I bet you'd find two Revolutionary soldiers arguing if George Washington was doing enough to butt fuck the British out of the colonies. Political discorse in this country was fucked the second the 24 hour news cycle was introduced and was made worse when they turned politics into a sport where you can only cheer for one team.

Both sides have some crazy time ideas, and frankly I dont care about them because they are always going to be noise. Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders will always say and do shit that makes me roll my eyes, but they are not leaders of their parties even if Bernie has run for President, the Democratic primary voters said nah we are not into your views.

Middle ground and compromise is how shit gets done and history has showed us time and time again when as a country we come together amazing things happen, even with all the noise coming from the fringes.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
All the worst decisions in US history were bipartisan

Centrism is the idea that if we get two different crazy people to compromise they'll come up with a good idea

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
All the worst decisions in US history were bipartisan

Centrism is the idea that if we get two different crazy people to compromise they'll come up with a good idea

I mean The Great Compromise literally created this country. There's lots of other examples, but centrism to me is the idea that a person can look at two very different points of view and pick the parts they agree with to try to stay out of the sports team mentality to politics. You shouldn't have to be so overly partisan, and really it hurts discourse and the country when you start seeing your own countryman as enemies.

Anyways most of this really belongs in the politics thread as it has nothing to do with Floyd but at least this space being public and not hidden has kept the insults to a minimum.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh fun someone who only gets informed by their preferred news source. My wife and I are good friends with 4 Sarasota County deputies a south county baliff and my step father was a cop in Lee County for 30 years, so I am going to go off what they have told me of the situation over whatever Brietbart told you to think.

They are trained to knee then down at the top of the back between the shoulder blades, then the other cops instead of standing around with a thumb up their ass can help with the cuffing procedure. This also allows neck movement so the perp can still fucking breathe. These dingus' that pin on the back of the neck do it because it can slowly black someone out which makes them easier to arrest but again. FUCKING DANGEROUS, and yea while it didn't kill Floydd it certain has killed others. if 4 fucking cops were unable to cuff him after 9 minutes of that then they are shit cops. Noone in law enforcement that I have talked to agreed with what they did, and yea there was another way, what they should of have actually been trained to do not whatever they wanted to do.

Your other ideas are tired, I don't really wanna debate them. I am not talking about magic words against some dude on a shooting spree, but guess what I agree with you on use of non lethal methods. An officers gun should be their last resort, not their first which we see a lot. Bean bag em, tase em, risk your life tp chase a suspect instead of shooting them in the back while they run away when they are no longer a threat, its the job and the good ones know it.

But whatever, you have to be a partisan hack these days. Theres no room for nuance, debate or understanding. That attitude is what keeps me out of the political section of the boards, I could care less if I got negged to kingdom come and I know I wouldn't get banned, theres just no room to talk about anyhting there. Partisan hackery is the name of the game and both sides do it and its exhausting. God forbid someone be pro blue lives matter, while supporting Ukraine, wanting tough immigration laws, anti abortion but pro contraception, against doctor's doing god knows what to kids and thinking these book bans are retarded and un American.

Nah people like that don't exist, gotta always double down and vote for anyone Trump endorses even though I think he should have deleted Twitter the day he became President and that shit was embarressing. But everyone ate it up cause it "owned" the left. Put DeSantis on a ticket theres someone I'd support but Trump and his way of doing things is old hat and lame.

Holy shit you are so fucking stupid and ignorant it's embarrassing.

He was handcuffed the entire time you god damn idiot. They were holding him still while waiting for the ambulance. It's hilarious how you think they were just trying to handcuff him, and if they had just done that he would have suddenly stopped resisting

The guy was yelling his head off for several minutes, his breathing was just fine until the fentanyl he swallowed kicked in and put an end to it.

Thinking you're an expert because you "know some cops" is just the type of person who would claim to be an expert on shit they have no concept of. If that's your retarded criteria fof expertise, I guarantee you I have WAY more cop friends than you.

The rest of your post is just as ignorant

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Seeing as how you're from the state that brought us the Broward Cowards, I'm not surprised that you don't know what spines are and the way they would protect the airway in that kind of situation.

Thinking you're an expert because you "know some cops" is just the type of person who would claim to be an expert on shit they have no concept of. If that's your retarded criteria fof expertise, I guarantee you I have WAY more cop friends than you.
NGL kinda gross to be friends with your co-workers.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if 4 fucking cops were unable to cuff him after 9 minutes of that then they are shit cops. Noone in law enforcement that I have talked to agreed with what they did, and yea there was another way, what they should of have actually been trained to do not whatever they wanted to do.
do you see how huge this monster is?
footage.jpg

he had just gotten out of jail and he had nothing to do but lift weights and those 2 tiny popo just started 1week prior, 1week on the job

look at em, the white tiny one has a hunchback!

they had to call in chauvin to teach em how to restrain floyd cuz he was bald popos training officer, and floyd was complain he can't breathe sittin in the car cuz he ate a bag of fentyl to hide it, and the 4th officer had to deal with the crowd, cuz you know they all be aping and shit

these are basic facts of the case, how do you not know this? it's not like it was 4 white dudes stomping on a meager black guy

(and no, 4th dude was asian and bald popo is black, it wasn't about white kkk popo)

• 3Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I just wish that Chauvin would have sat him up on the curb in the cuffs and let him chimp out and die from the OD so the world would still make sense

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Moreover, the people that actually killed George Floyd were the crowd of chimpouts who were physically blocking the ambulance (carrying life-saving Naloxone) from getting to the scene.

But noone wants to admit that one.

• 3Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
holy shit, nobody has learned from the Trayvon Martin thread. people should not be allowed to post here without reading that thread and understanding what is going on.

So many of you arm chair experts making so many assumptions on what other people know and assuming your position is the most informed position. This is exactly what I was talking about. Look at the state of this thread. Look at HOW people responded.

I made a comment that 'the cops actions was what killed him (Floyd)". I don't believe Floyd was 9 minutes away from death by OD. I don't believe the cop was the unluckiest guy in the world to stumble across a dying man and just happen to be kneeling on his neck when he died. I also don't believe in street executions of an unarmed man. Im not defending Floyds character, its irrelevant for the discussion. You feel different, cool. You do you. But its in HOW you decide to take your stance that makes you wrong. You don't just state your opposing view, you come at people with the heat of 1000 suns.

Immediately people proceeded to tell me how dumb I was, how ignorant, I should not be allowed to post, assuming I have zero information. Just look at yourselves. It's impossible to talk issues with people like you all.

In what world would anyone want to discuss a political issue with you. You already know everything and everyone else is wrong.

Just shaw this thread. Its gone too far.

• 2Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
even if Bernie has run for President, the Democratic primary voters said nah we are not into your views.
If you say so, lol.
Go on thinking that we still live in a world that functions the way it appears to function on the surface and that we can find common ground.

Bernie isn't the reason compromise isn't an option anymore. The interests weilding people like him are, and they've been gaining ground for years because it's the only possible outcome in a push/pull relationship between conservatives and progressives. Compromise will inevitably inch away from the former, and closer to the latter. Right up until hordes of horking parents are clapping while crackhead trannies are twerking for their tots.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
From a site that was mostly Left-leaning, if not outright Lefties, there sure are a lot of people here not even willing to give people the chance to show they've learned and changed. I'm willing to bet some people here did some stupid leftest shit in the past, and are no longer that person.

I'm not defending her per se, just something I notice a lot here.
I miss the days of Araysar posting "nuh uh man, look at this CNN article!" this forum was a full on leftist circle jerk. Now we ditched the leftist part to more squarely focus on jerking each other off.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
So many of you arm chair experts making so many assumptions on what other people know and assuming your position is the most informed position. This is exactly what I was talking about. Look at the state of this thread. Look at HOW people responded.

I made a comment that 'the cops actions was what killed him (Floyd)". I don't believe Floyd was 9 minutes away from death by OD. I don't believe the cop was the unluckiest guy in the world to stumble across a dying man and just happen to be kneeling on his neck when he died. I also don't believe in street executions of an unarmed man. Im not defending Floyds character, its irrelevant for the discussion. You feel different, cool. You do you. But its in HOW you decide to take your stance that makes you wrong. You don't just state your opposing view, you come at people with the heat of 1000 suns.

Immediately people proceeded to tell me how dumb I was, how ignorant, I should not be allowed to post, assuming I have zero information. Just look at yourselves. It's impossible to talk issues with people like you all.

In what world would anyone want to discuss a political issue with you. You already know everything and everyone else is wrong.

Just shaw this thread. Its gone too far.
Just shaw yourself ya fuckin faggot.

• 1Like