The Green Knight (2020)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
why did Apu cut Groot's head off?
The premise of the story, in short, is that the Green Knight barges in to a feast that Arthur is throwing and tosses down a challenge (and an axe) to the king and his knights: 'come on, one of you take your best swing at me, but then I get to take my best swing in turn, in one year's time.' Gawain takes the challenge, picks up the axe, and decapitates the Knight in one swing--the now-headless Knight reaches down, and picks up his severed head, and says, 'see you in a year,' and rides off. The rest of the story is Gawain, being the honorable knightly sort, traveling to the Green Knight's castle as the one-year deadline approaches to take his lumps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The premise of the story, in short, is that the Green Knight barges in to a feast that Arthur is throwing and tosses down a challenge (and an axe) to the king and his knights: 'come on, one of you take your best swing at me, but then I get to take my best swing in turn, in one year's time.' Gawain takes the challenge, picks up the axe, and decapitates the Knight in one swing--the now-headless Knight reaches down, and picks up his severed head, and says, 'see you in a year,' and rides off. The rest of the story is Gawain, being the honorable knightly sort, traveling to the Green Knight's castle as the one-year deadline approaches to take his lumps.
oh, sounds like a fun concept. but why Apu?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Because they got people from Great Britain to play Arthur and his court.

Trailer looks badass. I never did watch this guy's other movie, A Ghost Story, wonder if it's worth hunting down.

I've never seen A Ghost Story, but The Old Man & The Gun and Pete's Dragon are decent.

• 2Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LoL imagine watching a film where one of the knights of the round table is a Patel.

Holy shit, have some fucking dignity

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking as a Brit, and obviously having a shared consciousness with all Brits, I think it's safe to say the thing most likely to cause discomfort to us all in that trailer isn't the perceived melanin requirement of a particular role but the dropping of the "U" from honour.

It's a fucking travesty!

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Sir Pajeet and the Green Curry

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its closer than Britain. and India isnt having a pakistani play Vishnu in one of their movies.

Struggling to see your point here unless you are really that ignorant.

Somewhat of a false equivalence likening the religious/partition tensions between two asian countries and an English actor who just happens to be of Indian descent playing a part in a US movie.

Unless of course, you believe he's somehow tainted because of his origins and should "stick to his own kind".

Or you could just be trying to dig yourself out of looking like an arse after having made two dumb statements in a row.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Might as well make a few blackies and asians sit at the round table, lol. Gotta be inclusive these days.

• 3Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Shaqunda the Round Table Knightess feasting on watermelon when the Green Knight walks in

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Speaking as a Brit, and obviously having a shared consciousness with all Brits, I think it's safe to say the thing most likely to cause discomfort to us all in that trailer isn't the perceived melanin requirement of a particular role but the dropping of the "U" from honour.

It's a fucking travesty!

This is what happens when you demoralize a people long enough.

Fucking pathetic.

Instead of looking within and contemplating the loss of their own honor by denigrating what their culture has accomplished, they quibble over the spelling of that word, even though they no longer know what it means.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is what happens when you demoralize a people long enough.

Fucking pathetic.

Instead of looking within and contemplating the loss of their own honor by denigrating what their culture has accomplished, they quibble over the spelling of that word, even though they no longer know what it means.

Legit question, are you a Hammer and Sickle Bot?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Legit question, are you a Hammer and Sickle Bot?

Why are you so concerned with what I am, rather than what you're not? An Englishman with balls and dignity?

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
an English actor who just happens to be of Indian descent playing a part in a US movie.
lol. No. The word you are looking for is Indian, or (to put it in UK terms) ""Asian""

English actors look like Benedictine Cummerbund

The role is for a (fictional but this doesnt matter) English Knight from the 6th century or so. Casting an Indian in this role makes exactly as much sense as casting a dog*, trangender midget, or black lesbian in this role. Its fucking retarded. For a white person to defend it, much less a British white person, is pathetic. Like listening to a man defend why his wife should be allowed to fuck whoever she wants without telling him cause women are people too you misogynist.

(*ALTHOUGH if you cast the whole movie with dogs it could work, I'd watch that before this)

• 7Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
lol. No. The word you are looking for is Indian, or (to put it in UK terms) ""Asian""

English actors look like Benedictine Cummerbund

The role is for a (fictional but this doesnt matter) English Knight from the 6th century or so. Casting an Indian in this role makes exactly as much sense as casting a dog*, trangender midget, or black lesbian in this role. Its fucking retarded. For a white person to defend it, much less a British white person, is pathetic. Like listening to a man defend why his wife should be allowed to fuck whoever she wants without telling him cause women are people too you misogynist.

(*ALTHOUGH if you cast the whole movie with dogs it could work, I'd watch that before this)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Struggling to see your point here unless you are really that ignorant.

Somewhat of a false equivalence likening the religious/partition tensions between two asian countries and an English actor who just happens to be of Indian descent playing a part in a US movie.

Unless of course, you believe he's somehow tainted because of his origins and should "stick to his own kind".

Or you could just be trying to dig yourself out of looking like an arse after having made two dumb statements in a row.
an Indian actor is not from Britain, he's from India. did the Round Table corporation outsource one of their knights for customer service? "heddo, i am Gu-wan, how may i help yu?"

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users