The Green Knight (2020)

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

01-16-14-sir-morien.jpg

Well shit. Learn something new every day.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Speaking as a Brit, and obviously having a shared consciousness with all Brits, I think it's safe to say the thing most likely to cause discomfort to us all in that trailer isn't the perceived melanin requirement of a particular role but the dropping of the "U" from honour.

It's a fucking travesty!

What’s a travesty is English cuisine and mingung dental hygiene.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It's Arthurian legend. It's White.

Stop making the excuse that "ITS FiCtIoNal So WhY dO yOu CaRe BiGoT?!"

Instead of martin luther. Are you fine with someone looking like adolf hitler being the next black panther?
Tell us, is it history or is it fiction?

Pick a side before you sound even more like an idiot.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
all these Jogger and Kebab knights are literary inventions by writers who were almost 1,000 years removed from Arthurian times.

Not to mention Palamedes and Morien arent even the main 12 knights, its the equivalent of someone writing some obscure issues in DC comics and making up new minor characters who are all black or tranny.

Morien's father isn't even black, supposedly. He is white.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Shit's outrageous. Imagine some idiots picturing a middle eastern guy like Jesus with blond hair and shit.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Palamedes was added to the Arthurian mythos around the same time that Lancelot's bastard son Galahad was.

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Because they got people from Great Britain to play Arthur and his court.

I've never seen A Ghost Story, but The Old Man & The Gun and Pete's Dragon are decent.
Yeah actually I expected Pete's Dragon to be shit but it was pretty ok. Will have to check out The Old Man & The Gun, wtf I thought Robert Redford was dead or retired or something. I've been missing out apparently.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah actually I expected Pete's Dragon to be shit but it was pretty ok. Will have to check out The Old Man & The Gun, wtf I thought Robert Redford was dead or retired or something. I've been missing out apparently.
it was actually his retirement movie, I believe. He played a bank robber's one last ride as his one last acting job.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
an Indian actor is not from Britain, he's from India. did the Round Table corporation outsource one of their knights for customer service? "heddo, i am Gu-wan, how may i help yu?"

I'm not going to convince you otherwise but, for the record, you're wrong. Unless you're descended from first nation you're about as American as you claim he isn't British, or English.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 353663

Well shit. Learn something new every day.
Pretty sure this isn't in the original stories, but is something the french, or possibly some other european mud people, added on because they were fags centuries later.

Saying the french version of english lore is canon is about as tarded as you can get if we gotta be honest.

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tell us, is it history or is it fiction?

Pick a side before you sound even more like an idiot.

A countries History/Legends/Mythos/Religion can fall into multiple catagories.

Are all tales about romulus and remus true?
What about stories of Leonidas?
What about any number of religious figures?

Why is it only white history/myths/legends/stories that have to be changed to include some "people of color" to make pretend like they actually added anything of worth to the worth. Like some how one token curryfuck would suddenly make the stories of king Arthur better?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Dev Patel also played David Copperfield last year. He is taking all the white British guy jobs, as long as you are all crying about it.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
A countries History/Legends/Mythos/Religion can fall into multiple catagories.

Are all tales about romulus and remus true?
What about stories of Leonidas?
What about any number of religious figures?

Why is it only white history/myths/legends/stories that have to be changed to include some "people of color" to make pretend like they actually added anything of worth to the worth. Like some how one token curryfuck would suddenly make the stories of king Arthur better?

For some historical figures, the color of their skin / race was an important part of what made that character historically relevant.

For example MLK and Hitler, if you have a black guy playing Hitler it will be a joke as one of the historical facts of hitler and ethos was aryan superiority, and you can not disentangle the two of them. The same way MLK, you can not dissociate his race/skin color with his history.

Fairy tales elements don't suffer from this. It makes zero difference to the Pinocchio story, that Geppetto would be player by a black actor.

"A countries History/Legends/Mythos/Religion can fall into multiple categories."

one actually happened (history) while the rest is made up garbage. You are forgetting that very important part.

Historical figures in which the skin color are not a part of the historical value can be represented by a multitude of actors.

For example a black actor can be casted as General Patton in a WW2 Historical piece, why because racial identity is not intrinsic to General Patton's story and historical significance.

It would be impossible to cast Abraham Lincoln as a black actor in a historical piece and not have the narrative fall apart.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
1620840253290.png

Holy SHIT His Parents were not from INDIA.. BUT FROM Nairobi, Kenya, instead.

Holy fuck, this plot took a turn for the unexpected.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
F.

Fairy tales elements don't suffer from this. It makes zero difference to the Pinocchio story, that Geppetto would be player by a black actor.

False. Geppetto cared for Pinocchio like a son

Meanwhile 75% of joggers run out on their kids

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not going to convince you otherwise but, for the record, you're wrong. Unless you're descended from first nation you're about as American as you claim he isn't British, or English.
Were there indians in Saxon/late romanoCeltic Brittain?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

While I’m not disagreeing with your thoughts on the actor, I do with the other thought. America was a European name. American is specifically what these people, and people after the nation was officially recognized, should be called. They created the state and the term

That’s not to say Indians weren’t the longer term residents and don’t have rights to voice this fact. They can also claim the status American if they choose or not which is a difference most people can’t claim.

I am not a Turtle Islander damn it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user