The Hateful Eight

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this. I keep meaning to put Chuk on ignore, but can't bring myself to do it. Probably because I feel like he's genuine in his ignorance and not just trolling, and on some level it's entertaining. I guess.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If his story is true than I stand by what I said. If it was just bullshit to get that old racist to point a gun at him than no.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If his story is true than I stand by what I said. If it was just bullshit to get that old racist to point a gun at him than no.
that's just Tarrantino's white guilt coming to surface. if you aren't expecting that shit from him by now then you haven't been paying attention.

spronk

FPS noob
channing tatum was way more evil, shooting a man in the balls...

wait I just realized that's another tarantino thing, pulp fiction and ving rhames

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't know the history here but is it just a coincidence that Tim Roth and Christoph Waltz look strikingly similar and Roth stopped appearing in Tarantino films when Waltz started?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
looks like this bombed at the box office.
Well yeah. When the movie comes out for free on the internet around the release date, it is not going to do well. Science Fiction has the benefit of wanting to see the effects on a large screen. This movie does not have that luxury, even with the back drop. I also felt that having this movie and the revenant come out so close together almost seemed repetitive with similar atmospheres.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well yeah. When the movie comes out for free on the internet around the release date, it is not going to do well. Science Fiction has the benefit of wanting to see the effects on a large screen. This movie does not have that luxury, even with the back drop. I also felt that having this movie and the revenant come out so close together almost seemed repetitive with similar atmospheres.
I think you're over-estimating how many people know about and then download DVD screeners during academy award selection season.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know the history here but is it just a coincidence that Tim Roth and Christoph Waltz look strikingly similar and Roth stopped appearing in Tarantino films when Waltz started?
Roth hasn't been in a Tarantino movie since Pulp Fiction. I had never considered that they look similar really.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This movie is not going to come close to losing money so to say it bombed is dumb. The budget on this film wasnt much and its also odd to put out an R rated movie like this during the holidays

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well it comes out here this weekend and I plan to go see it in the theaters with a few friends. It has not really shown up anywhere out here I guess because of Star Wars. I wanted to take my girl to see Hateful Eight last week but it was not showing at the 20 plex there.

Caliane

This movie is not going to come close to losing money so to say it bombed is dumb. The budget on this film wasnt much and its also odd to put out an R rated movie like this during the holidays
and yeah. "bombed" isn't really applicable.
Everything about this seems to be, "lets not make money".
100Imax.
wide release digital wasn't until Jan 8th. They moved it up. Hateful 8, under 2000 screens.

Starwars, 14,000 screens. 400imax. internationally, over 30,000.

hell, the booklets handed out, etc. costs $.

Brother and I, had to drive up to Providence here.

Zoe Bell playing, what I can only imagine is just herself, was amusing, if taking me completely out of the movie. Considering she played the character exactly the same as in Grindhouse.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you're over-estimating how many people know about and then download DVD screeners during academy award selection season.
Can watch it on a Smart TV with Yifitv. Can watch almost all of the nominated movies that way.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
and yeah. "bombed" isn't really applicable.
Everything about this seems to be, "lets not make money".
100Imax.
wide release digital wasn't until Jan 8th. They moved it up. Hateful 8, under 2000 screens.

Starwars, 14,000 screens. 400imax. internationally, over 30,000.

hell, the booklets handed out, etc. costs $.

Brother and I, had to drive up to Providence here.

Zoe Bell playing, what I can only imagine is just herself, was amusing, if taking me completely out of the movie. Considering she played the character exactly the same as in Grindhouse.
Another brilliant Kegkilla post.