The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Saw this yesterday, didn't think it was terrible but it wasn't amazing either. It was a very competent buddy movie starring stereotyped personalities that had some entertaining moments in it. Sam Jackson was Sam Jackson and Ryan Reynolds was Ryan Reynolds, If that's not your thing I can see how it could get old but overall we had fun with it. It was better than The Mummy at least...
Saw it yesterday and that was pretty much my take on it. It was not a great movie, but i certainly enjoyed for what it was: an action bromance movie.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
I laughed when I saw Elektra after watching the Defenders earlier this week.

Salma Hayek is still hot as fuck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw this earlier tonight. Enjoyed it! Couldn't tell what any of the bad guys were saying because of Polish subtitles, but Gary Oldman was top notch.

spronk

FPS noob
saw this today as well (moviepass) and really enjoyed it, Ryan Reynolds and Sam "Motherfucking" Jackson have great chemistry together. Ending was a bit sloppy and overly long but the first half of the movie is great.

You can totally tell why every actor signed up for this, 30 days vacation in the awesome parts of Europe. pretty good cinematography although stuff like the Tourist or Bourne make Europe "look better", weirdly enough. You'd think after seeing this movie people can run around the major towns of Europe just shooting up the place with no problems.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You can't already do that? Someone needs to tell all of the terrorists that are making/have made Europe into a shithole that it's a nono then.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
well in the movie its only white russians who shoot up the place so i guess its fiction

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was surprisingly watchable. Cast was great overall. It is nothing groundbreaking though. Reminiscent of 80's buddy action movies.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was surprisingly watchable. Cast was great overall. It is nothing groundbreaking though. Reminiscent of 80's buddy action movies.

It was a reverse Lethal Weapon. The black guy is the crazy one. The white guy is the straight laced one.

I take it you've never watched Archer then? They popped up a few times in Archer.

Yeah, I've watched Archer. Just don't know UN peacekeepers by sight. Guess they haven't been winning enough wars.

• 1Picard

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Trailers for this movie were so much better than the actual movie.

Mediocre.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well...with a better script, could have been so much better.
The dialogue was sometimes so off, that i thought they did it on purpose and too much cliche stuff.
If it was a dark comedy, would have been a better choice.

Samuel's and Ryan's chemistry was great, and really like Salma's character (51 and she's still fucking hot).
And joaquim d'almeida (deputy director) was not a south american druglord this time ahah

All in all. ...not great nor awful 6/10