The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (2023)

Goatface

1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (2023)

Genre: Thriller, Action, Drama

Director: Francis Lawrence

Cast: Tom Blyth

Release: 2023-11-17

Plot: This prequel to The Hunger Games focuses on Coriolanus Snow at age 18, years before he would become the tyrannical President of Panem. Young Coriolanus is handsome and charming, and though the Snow family has fallen on hard times, he sees a chance for a change in his fortunes when he is chosen to be a mentor for the Tenth Hunger Games, only to have his elation dashed when he is assigned to mentor the girl tribute from impoverished District 12.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by The Lonely Island

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I certainly won't be paying for this, but I just recently made the comment in the Shazam 2 thread that I'd be just fine if the smokeshow hottie in that movie was the new "diversity" choice for every movie going forward, and bam, here she is starring in this fucking movie! I will pirate it one day and watch it just for that reason. I'm quite certain the movie will suck balls and paint that white dude as a literal Nazi (just with a different name that they make up for this), but maybe I'll get enough content to rub one out to her. Maybe she'll even get a little dirty like all those fucking babes on The 100 that were somehow hotter when they were a little smudged up.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I certainly won't be paying for this, but I just recently made the comment in the Shazam 2 thread that I'd be just fine if the smokeshow hottie in that movie was the new "diversity" choice for every movie going forward, and bam, here she is starring in this fucking movie! I will pirate it one day and watch it just for that reason. I'm quite certain the movie will suck balls and paint that white dude as a literal Nazi (just with a different name that they make up for this), but maybe I'll get enough content to rub one out to her. Maybe she'll even get a little dirty like all those fucking babes on The 100 that were somehow hotter when they were a little smudged up.

Weird, when I watch that trailer I don't see a single attractive person, and many who are downright ugly.

• 2Worf
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I sometimes comfort myself that the absurd "lets pretend black chicks can be pretty" campaign Hollywood has going will lose, that it can't beat basic biology. Then I read shit like that. 'She's the ""attractive"" diversity casting choice!"

It is fucking crazy how powerful propaganda is. It can apparently overcome anything.

I see that and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, 20 years from now ""conservative"" guys will be sitting around talking sincerely about which trannies they find most attractive and would bone in a heartbeat.

• 3Picard
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So this is a villain origin story about the younger version of President Donald Sutherland? Could be interesting, I guess. Villain origin stories can be good.

That "diversity casting" chick people are moaning about is hot. I can't even tell what ethnicity she is, could be from a bunch of places. She strongly resembles someone I knew from Greece a while back who was half Macedonian and half Lebanese.

I sometimes comfort myself that the absurd "lets pretend black chicks can be pretty" campaign Hollywood has going will lose, that it can't beat basic biology. Then I read shit like that. 'She's the ""attractive"" diversity casting choice!"

I know exactly what you're saying and what you mean. Jesus though, there are plenty of pretty black women running around. Admittedly most of them are half white or half something else like Zoe Saldana.

For an example of someone who is full-on black... Lupita Nyongo is attractive, and with her skin-tight suit in Wakanda Forever she makes all the other women in the movie look like hags.

Hollywood does engage in propaganda campaigns where race is concerned and the propaganda is potent, but I don't think there's any "basic biology" saying that white people can't be attracted to someone of African descent.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Unless this movie was about Jennifer Lawrence giving out the gawk gawk, slobberknocker 5000..who cares?

• 3Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

It is fucking crazy how powerful propaganda is. It can apparently overcome anything.

I see that and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, 20 years from now ""conservative"" guys will be sitting around talking sincerely about which trannies they find most attractive and would bone in a heartbeat.
They can be pretty, though it is pretty rare. Hollywood just likes intentionally picking ugly people because they hate you. And how the heck could dough boy let himself take a shirtless shot looking like that at the end. If I want to see man rolls like that I can just use a mirror. Looks terrible and uninteresting. What demo is this even targeting

Juvarisx

Florida
Wife said the book was much better then she expected it to be, and that the trailer looks like the book just not as good, so I guess thats pretty standard. This will rake in the cash though, the book was very popular.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This'll be good. Pretty sure Future President Snow's diverse girlfriend is going to get killed, cause he's gotta turn evil somehow. So the movie will have something for everyone.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Hollywood does engage in propaganda campaigns where race is concerned and the propaganda is potent, but I don't think there's any "basic biology" saying that white people can't be attracted to someone of African descent.
Sexual selection and mate choice. Animals generally choose a mate that has similar characteristics as the mate chosen by their parents, since mate choice has a large genetic component.

1682771556904.png

Take a look at that claw. Deep in the past, a female crab chose to get it on with the crab with the larger claw. Over millenia, the claws got bigger in response. On present day earth, if you're a male fiddler crab that looks like this instead
1682771655741.png

you're not getting any. Why not? Can small clawed crabs not produce sperm? Can they not do the mate dance? No, its none of those. Its nothing functional. Its basic biology of mate selection.

Who you are attracted to is biological.

----

For millenia, our ancestors have chosen mates that looked something as close to this as we could get
1682771785461.png

It isnt racism or culture that makes us profoundly unattracted to this
1682771836626.png

Its biology. Just like the fiddler crabs.

• 3Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

As Chuk pointed out in the Shazam 2 thread, she's Columbian. Sure, I say that's not white either while plenty of people seem to argue they are, but if you say she's the equivalent of a tranny in attractiveness, I guess we're just gonna have to disagree.
MV5BODU0ODQxZGEtODAyMC00ZDRmLTgxNjEtNWIxYjBmNjYxNGRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc0NzQzNTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

• 3Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's ok.
Jesus though, there are plenty of pretty black women running around.

She wouldn't fuck these dudes if they paid her $10,000 so they might as well pretend that they had a chance and turned it down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database