The Identity Thread

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
the chosen one

latest?cb=20120302003602

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't really put too much thought into my own identity. I know who I am, but that's about the extent of it. Due to work, I started telling customers that I'm the white guy because I'm the only white person that works there.

Aside from that, I'm tall (6'4) with a shaved head. I have a Japanese wife. a 4 year old daughter. I'm a computer nerd. I *LOVE* Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. I like expensive things, and I being a foodie (to a degree). I live in paradise. Um... Oh, I love video games, even though I never play them anymore. But I keep buying them shits out of habbit.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't really put too much thought into my own identity. I know who I am, but that's about the extent of it. Due to work, I started telling customers that I'm the white guy because I'm the only white person that works there.

Aside from that, I'm tall (6'4) with a shaved head. I have a Japanese wife. a 4 year old daughter. I'm a computer nerd. I *LOVE* Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. I like expensive things, and I being a foodie (to a degree). I live in paradise. Um... Oh, I love video games, even though I never play them anymore. But I keep buying them shits out of habbit.

Is your name you jack? Are you fucking Jack?

Oh wait, you said "You live in paradise". You are obviously not jack!

iannis

Musty Nester
he's the bald guy from red letter media.

Shaves his head. Tall. Has a daughter.

That's all I got.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Spinoff from Politics:

What are the first things you think of when you think of your identity, and in what order?

Me:

Nerd
White <-- immutable
Female <-- immutable
Depressed(*)
Gay
Coastal resident
Worker
American

*The fact that, upon reflection, I feel like depression is a significant part of my identity explains a lot about why it's so hard to shake it.

Edited to reflect an important distinction.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Competitive Gamer
Engineer
Someone who has literally never thought about what their identity is
Fucking white male

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I bet youre like 5 or 6 of 11 though.
Oh no, definitely 9.5 out of 11. Not even a question. No murder, and no substance abuse, I even limit myself to two coffees a week. But all the others are scary on the nose.