The Imitation Game (2014)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Imitation Game (2014)

Tagline: The true enigma was the man who cracked the code.

Genre: History, Drama, Thriller, War

Director: Morten Tyldum

Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Matthew Goode, Rory Kinnear, Allen Leech, Matthew Beard, Charles Dance, Mark Strong, James Northcote, Tom Goodman-Hill, Steven Waddington, Ilan Goodman, Jack Tarlton, Alex Lawther, Jack Bannon, Tuppence Middleton, Dominik Charman, James G. Nunn, Charlie Manton, David Charkham, Victoria Wicks, Andrew Havill, Laurence Kennedy, Tim van Eyken, Viv Weatherall, Miranda Bell, Tim Steed, Bartosz Wandrykow, Lese Asquith-Coe, Hayley Joanne Bacon, Ingrid Benussi, Nicholas Blatt, Jack Brash, Ancuta Breaban, Alex Corbet Burcher, Grace Calder, Richard Campbell, Daniel Chapple, Lisa Colquhoun, Alexander Cooper, Leigh Dent, Esther Eden, Sam Exley, Ben Farrow, Mike Firth, Hannah Flynn, James Gard, Guna Gultniece, Benjamin Hardie, Oscar Hatton, Luke Hope, Vera Horton, Vincent Idearson, Denis Koroshko, Debra Leigh-Taylor, Stuart Matthews, Amber-Rose May, Samantha Moran, Adam Nowell, Joseph Oliveira, Harry Leonard Parkinson, John Redmann, David G. Robinson, Alice Tapfield, Mark Underwood, Nicola-Jayne Wells, Josh Wichard

Release: 2014-11-14

Runtime: 113

Plot: Based on the real life story of legendary cryptanalyst Alan Turing, the film portrays the nail-biting race against time by Turing and his brilliant team of code-breakers at Britain's top-secret Government Code and Cypher School at Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II.

spronk

FPS noob
alan turing is definitely a very interesting guy, hope cumberbitch can do him justice. he was great in sherlock but his movie roles have been terrible, with bad over acting and enunciation (star trek, hobbit)

khorum

Murder Apologist
Astonishingly, he's fucking AMAZING when pretending to be a sexually ambiguous upper-class Englishman. He could play the exact same character he played in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and be perfect.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
WTB Cryptonomicon movie but this is close enough.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is this movie going to pull off the mandatory Hollywood romance subplot when the protagonist is gay? No women will ever like this movie. I'm calling it as a box office flop right now.

P. S. Cryptonomicon is the most overrated piece of shit ever. That book was so bad it made me angry. Halfway through I wanted to quit reading, but I still had some hope that it could possibly turn into something coherent by the end (it's a very long book, there was plenty of room for potential still) but then it just kept getting worse and worse. I'd watch a Cryptonomicon movie with the same disgusted fascination that I'd watch the flaming wreckage of a collision between a coal train and a bus full of 20-25 year old nuns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm amazed Supertouch has yet to come here and complain that it's not clear Turing is a fag. Probably to busy re-watching the Crying Game for the millionth time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He was integral to the cracking of the Enigma Machine. Couldn't they have let him fuck all the legal age dudes he wanted?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Why? So you can see what you're future holds?
More people need to be made aware of both Turing and what was done to him. It was an absolute travesty that one of the greatest heroes of WW2 was treated that way. He should have been knighted, not chemically castrated.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
More people will know about him because of the movie so that satisfy's point #1, as far as point #2 if people are that interested they can find out more about him. Otherwise I don't see what place it has in a film unless they just refer to it and have his co-conspirators react....

Edit: This also happened well after the war, is this a biopic or a story about breaking enigma?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
More people will know about him because of the movie so that satisfy's point #1, as far as point #2 if people are that interested they can find out more about him. Otherwise I don't see what place it has in a film unless they just refer to it and have his co-conspirators react....

Edit: This also happened well after the war, is this a biopic or a story about breaking enigma?
It' suppose to be a little bit of both, During and After the war from what I've read it seems this is Turing telling his story before eating the apple....

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm really looking forward to this, I've always admired Alan Turing.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if there truly is no gay sex scene in this film, or if they're simply not putting any hint of it in the trailer so as not to turn away too many potential viewers.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Any person really who is interested in this film will already know, which is why I don't think there pushing the whole thing....

Northerner

N00b
P. S. Cryptonomicon is the most overrated piece of shit ever. That book was so bad it made me angry. Halfway through I wanted to quit reading, but I still had some hope that it could possibly turn into something coherent by the end (it's a very long book, there was plenty of room for potential still) but then it just kept getting worse and worse. I'd watch a Cryptonomicon movie with the same disgusted fascination that I'd watch the flaming wreckage of a collision between a coal train and a bus full of 20-25 year old nuns.
What a very strange perspective. I can see it not being for everyone but who the hell reads Cryptonomicon all the way through and hates it? It's easily in my top 50 books of all time and quite possibly in my top ten.

Not that it would make for a good movie though.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database