The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man I feel like we're playing different games. I am getting utterly assraped by the spiders at the pit boss. Hard difficulty, melee build, max parry, high defense items, I've not been steamrolling but doing very well leading up to this point. But now, jesus, the spiders in this room are dominating me. I die literally within 3 seconds. I was quite enjoying the game up until this point.

What can I do? Stack poison resist items? I don't even know what kind of damage they're doing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do you have the heal on hit on your ghost and her in melee form? Any decent aoe to clear the spiders? If not you probably want to respec. Since I frapsed a bunch of the stuff I did I'll check the files, encode and upload a youtube video of the fight in case you're doing something horribly wrong, but it's gonna look super easy I think.

Edit:

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
How is this game in co-op mode? Read a few things about it being rather laggy but maybe that is because of bad connections.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pyros what difficulty is that? The "Speckled Gargantula" in your game has 279 hp, and 2422 in my game. My Webspinner has 1448, yours 151. I still have the same amount of spiders, too, but apparently all of mine are mini-bosses. Even the Bloated Gargantulas have 771, and they're supposed to be cannon fodder! Oddly the drill itself has the same amount of hp.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pyros what difficulty is that? The "Speckled Gargantula" in your game has 279 hp, and 2422 in my game. My Webspinner has 1448, yours 151. I still have the same amount of spiders, too, but apparently all of mine are mini-bosses. Even the Bloated Gargantulas have 771, and they're supposed to be cannon fodder! Oddly the drill itself has the same amount of hp.
That's the highest difficulty, heroic or whatever. From the sounds of it you have multiplayer stats on your mobs? I can see the issue if your mobs have 10times the health mine had though, not sure how you'd go about fixing it. Maybe you had an older version and they nerfed the spiders hp but it didn't update your save so you'd need to restart? Don't know for sure.

Also killed it on my ranged char before my melee, so that was like the day before, and the spiders were still dying in basically one fireball aoe, on hard mode, so it wasn't a fluke having them low health, it's definitely something wrong with your save.

Edit: Checking the forums it was reported as a bug and is getting fixed.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Ran into the same problem on my glass cannon ranged Van Helsing. He'd get one shot by the ranged spiders while endlessly kiting the others. Glad to hear it's being fixed and it's just not me :x

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Worth noting the game has been updated with a neverending story mode that supposedly cranks up the difficulty so now you can replay and level up your guy after the main story. This was a big complaint from a lot of critics and players, so this could be a pretty good thing. I've yet to try it out, though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The game is great but the company behind it is retarded. They just bundled up all the DLC and had a sale on Steam last week, which basically amounted to 50% off the game and 75% off the DLC. And of course they decided that those of us who bought it long ago should pay full price instead of just being able to purchase the DLC at 75% off.

Anyway, I highly recommend the game to anyone looking for a single player ARPG that isn't bogged down with all the bullshit you have to deal with from the online-only games flooding the genre lately. There's co-op too, but I never tried it. Also, there's a demo now; it was finally released last week along with the complete pack for anyone who might be on the fence about it. Probably should wait to buy it though, Steam winter sale starts up on Wednesday and I'm sure it will show up on sale at some point (hopefully with 100% less screwing over of old customers this time).

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Sequel to this releases on Thursday. On sale for 13 bucks until then. First was well worth it, fun budget game.