The Incredibles 2 (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really enjoyed the movie. I had two minor problems with it but again overall it was a great sequel:

I maybe have to re-watch Incredibles but I thought they all knew Jack Jack had powers. He goes Apeshit on Syndrome at the end, they didn't see that?
EDIT: Ok I re-watched the scene. I guess they didn't see him turn into a ball of fire and demon etc etc.

I wasn't thrilled that they made a big deal out of Mr Incredible being somehow inferior to Elastigirl multiple times. He destroys too much stuff or some such. It was too much in your face girl power for me. it was a good change of pace to get Elastigirl out there and Mr Incredible doing Dad work so I'm overall ok with it as a plot device.

Math is math!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I loved how they made Elastigirl's powers look cool. Stretching has always seemed like such a lame power, and none of the shitty F4 movies have ever managed to make it look like a neat power. She used it really well and creatively in this, and it actually looked like a power that would be awesome to have.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw this tonight, liked it but it did feel like a 14 year later redo of the first movie but with the focus on Elastigirl. In terms of the universe they basically ended #2 in the same place as #1, so a 3rd installment would need an expansion and not focusing on billionaire gone rogue v3.0

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The second movie was literally set within a minute of the first. At the end of the first you saw the start of the moleman attack.

The 15 years he's referring to is the 'no capes' dialogue when Edna is talking about super's who were killed by their capes, back in the golden age of supers. As she runs off the list she throws out the dates, all in the late 1950s. The rest of the incredibles is set 15 years later.

So yeah the movie(s) should be early 70's.

Siliconemelons

I think they mean in the IRL time between the release of the first movie, and the 2nd - its been forever.

Also yes- it picks up right there at the end of the 1st movie in-movie-time

Yes elastigirl had time to get some work done

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
tumblr_inline_padmi1sQWU1t10bqx_400.gif

In the first movie Mr. Incredible is found reading a newspaper that shows the date as May 16, 1962. May 16th, 1962, in reality, was a Wednesday, but in "The Incredibles" it is a Monday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
All leading to some awesome Rule 34 stuff.

For those sicko's who are in to that sort of thing , cough.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Movie was trash. I walked out of the theater about 15-20 mins in.

I'm glad you liked it.

There's a very important step in Act One that this movie failed at: give me a reason to give a shit about the characters.

Instead, you introduce a family of terrible people with problems I don't give a fuck about, in an obvious retread of the first movie.

I'm glad you liked it.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

Movie was trash. I walked out of the theater about 15-20 mins in.

I'm glad you liked it.

There's a very important step in Act One that this movie failed at: give me a reason to give a shit about the characters.

Instead, you introduce a family of terrible people with problems I don't give a fuck about, in an obvious retread of the first movie.

I'm glad you liked it.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Maybe I’m over simplifying this, but you were already there with your pants down and the girl was sucking your dick, but you got up and walked away because she didn’t swoop your balls in the first few minutes?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Using your analogy, I looked down and Sam Deathwalker was sucking my dick. So I got the fuck out.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sorry for bump...

Caught this on Netflix. This was not as good as the 1st IMO. The whole Elastagirl being "better" than Mr. Incredible was bullshit to me. They threw that one in your face way too much. I also kept hearing that damn lisp....

Jack Jack was awesome though...

Edna was fun.

• 1Like

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
It was fun enough. I question some of the choices with how in-your-face they were about female empowerment, but that's a taste thing. My main complaint is: it didn't take the characters anywhere new or interesting. The characters at the end of 1 are exactly as developed as they are at the end of 2. Daughter is still daughter, coming out of her shell at times. Son is still son. Dad is still dad. Mom is the only one you can argue had some development but, in the end, it's not enough. A 3rd movie would really need to let these characters grow in some significant way. Maybe a time skip?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Shut my kid up for 2+ hours and inspired tons of mother/daughter incest hentai.

A+ movie.

• 1Barf