The Irishman (2018)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is a consistent theme with effects studios of opting for uncanny effects, including de-aging.

Every movie the last 10 years has opted for consistently worse CGI that triggers the uncanny valley.

It has completely regressed.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Thought this was boring as fuck, turned it off after an hour. De Niro beating that shop keeper was some of the worst I've ever seen, comical really.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
De Niro and Pesci are distractingly old, even de-aged.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The travesty is they got Pesci out of retirement for it. God knows nobody really looked at the script.

Cocksucker this, cocksucker that. Cocksuck me with a wifflebat.

sums up the dialogue.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Made it through the whole thing. I kinda want my Sunday afternoon back. It would've been better with younger actors that were aged. It's not just the CGI, it was the body language. They moved like old guys. The rest of the cast was fine and Pacino did a great job as Hoffa. It would've been a better movie if they recast Frank and Russell and tightened up the script. There's no way I would've sat through this in a theatre. Maybe they should've done a two part mini-series.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah. If you recast Deniro, at least for the young parts, shorten it up a bit, and maybe add some more content about the actual shit the Teamsters did or represented that would explain how they came to power, could have been a great movie. Or just scrap the idea and make a movie about Hoffa with Pacino because he's really fucking good.

Problem is, everyone in power or whatever spent all their time sucking this movie off and nominating it for things. So rather than learn a lesson about hubris and editing, they got rewarded.