The Jedi were wrong

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is not possible to be truly selfish. Therefore the Sith are living a lie.
It's not a Sith teaching to be ultimately selfish. They just don't teach to ignore the needs of the self. This is another example of their lack of restrictions and freedom.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Jedi moved away from passion and love out of fear of how emotion can take control of a person. The Sith were always fucktards that went psycho with power but had a more convincing argument by claiming to be more middle of the spectrum... but that wasn't really the case since they all go mad with power. They focus on hate and anger, and the claim to value passion is a half truth. You never see a Sith focus on love or joy to strengthen himself in combat... it's always hate and rage.
I don't know man. When Palpatine is tossing senate seats at Yoda in Episode III, he seems like he's having a joyous time! He's the only character you ever see laughing while he fights. He enjoys it. You could say helovesit.

Luke as a Jedi Master will be teaching things with a fresh mindset unchained from the ideology of the old Jedi Order and - BOOM - the light side of the force is balanced.
You still need the Dark Side for it to be considered balanced though.

"Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometime!"

I get what you're saying, and you're right in that he looks like he loves what he is doing.
His Love/Joy/Passion all derive from a sadistic pleasure though. He's in a mad rage and
he's kind of insane while he's laughing. We could go over the semantics of what love is as well
and I could assert that Palpatine is selfish and is not capable of "love". What is "Love" then,
and we'll go down a slippery slope and this will get confusing.

I don't think the prophecy was about the imbalance between the light and the dark side of the
force, I think it was about the imbalance in the light.
I sure as hell hope it wasn't so literal a prophecy as to say balancing the force is to create equality
in the numbers of light and dark side users. Rather I think the imbalance was in how the "light"
users were behaving and had become rather extreme in their views and perhaps strayed from what
the organic kind of force we see in the original films.

Fuck GL