The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just looking at her video list, jesus: pro-palestine, pro-Venezuela, anti-jordan peterson, anti-general mattis, anti-gun maybe? I'll have to give it a shot when i have time, but I might have to bow out.
i think she says something like the United States Empire vs. poor venezuela

see how long you can last

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
When I first started watching JRE I'd watch all his guests.

Over the years I have come to apprecaite his blurbs under each episode. It lets me know which guests I do not want to bother with, which ones are worth a shot, and which ones will for sure be interesting.

Joe sits down and talks to people for 3 hours that I could not find the patience to give five minutes. Respect.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Over the years I have come to apprecaite his blurbs under each episode. It lets me know which guests I do not want to bother with, which ones are worth a shot, and which ones will for sure be interesting.

Joe sits down and talks to people for 3 hours that I could not find the patience to give five minutes. Respect.
this skeevy guy hit every mlm warning light, and i was able to finish listening to abby martin!

Kiki

Log Wizard

I don't have time for that shit. Sometimes he does 2 a day.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

don't waste your time

I dunno.

He had a pretty valid argument for women sucking down loads.

But he had a pretty terrible argument for dudes not jerking it too often.

9322c0a6ad50b5123804d5c6c91f69570c559d7f4147146fbe83437b5f6a3c0a.jpg

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Out of all the guests Joe has had on, how many can you think of that have ever been an indisputable household name AND been halfway sane? Pauly Shore and Steven Tyler are both batshit crazy, and I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head that any random person off the street would recognize.

McCauley Caulkin was actually surprisingly sane and fun to listen to, but I can't think of anyone else.

Edit: Elon Musk, I suppose. His crazy is more of the useful-autistic sort I suppose, and he's actually fun to listen to. Not really the type of crazy I'm thinking of. Bob Saget is a one-trick pony from a different era that's not quite insane yet, but he's on his way.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's one of the little underlying themes of the podcast - fame makes people crazy and only the crazy seek it out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Ted nuget was surprisingly cogent. I'd imagine there's a handful of others, he's the only one I can think of off the top.

and maybe it was partly the expectation that Ted should be balls out nuts, but he's not. Actually David Lee roth, too. He's a bit vain... But that's not crazy and he's less vain than I expected. Part of it is the way he talks more than anything else. It's an odd form of politeness.

Maybe neither are household na!es. For a while they both were, but that's been a minute.

Most of them are crazy though.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

one of the more boring diaz podcasts.

really didn't like it that these two were purposely conflating illegal immigration vs. having immigrants.

diaz is a cuban, obviously he benefited from our cuban wars and our acceptance of those fucks to fuck over castro, but no he makes no mention of this... this is the same guy that willingly details his crimes of armed robbery and kidnapping.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
There are a ton, it's kinda silly. Mike tyson, russell brand, neil degrasse tyson, you got mccullay, mel gibson talking about stem cells(I guess might be crazy tho), kevin smith, bill burr, anthony bourdain, I guess not steveo, henry rollins, charlie murphy, ron white, leah remini (crazy?), I dunno if you count james hetfield or maynard as household, lance armstrong, hanimbal burress, jay leno, danica patrick etc.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There are a ton, it's kinda silly. Mike tyson, russell brand, neil degrasse tyson, you got mccullay, mel gibson talking about stem cells(I guess might be crazy tho), kevin smith, bill burr, anthony bourdain, I guess not steveo, henry rollins, charlie murphy, ron white, leah remini (crazy?), I dunno if you count james hetfield or maynard as household, lance armstrong, hanimbal burress, jay leno, danica patrick etc.
I'd put about half of those as household names, but yea....there's more than I was thinking of yesterday. Mike Tyson, Russel Brand and Mel Gibson are still kinda crazy. I don't remember listening to one with Jay Leno though. I'll go look that one up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd put about half of those as household names, but yea....there's more than I was thinking of yesterday. Mike Tyson, Russel Brand and Mel Gibson are still kinda crazy. I don't remember listening to one with Jay Leno though. I'll go look that one up.
mike tyson was amazing, i think the only better interview he gave was his hbo special where it was like a comedy hour.

joe was too much of a pussy with mel... he couldn't have been "yo mel, i let you talk about stem cells for almost 3hours... did you stick your dick in crazy, or was it you?"

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Mike Tyson seemed pretty aware of the things he had done were crazy, now he's a businessman in the weed industry, etc. But yeah they are all kinda debatable whether they are crazy or household. Now that I think about it, henry rollins is definitely crazy, but he is aware of it and it's a interesting kind of motivational crazy.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Meh, Diaz is funny no doubt and he can be entertaining. He almost always IS entertaining.

But he is completely full of shit at all times. Which makes him a really great storyteller.

I ain't going to Diaz for deep insight into... well, anything except for maybe cocaine addiction.

It's the difference between liking a dude and trusting him. I like diaz but that's about it.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the ones with Brian Cox were great.
The Brian Cox ones are some of my favorites, for sure. I love Neil deGrasse Tyson, but sometimes his bravado and showmanship can go a bit overboard. Brian has all the brilliance, and is just a bit more reserved.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
The Brian Cox ones are some of my favorites, for sure. I love Neil deGrasse Tyson, but sometimes his bravado and showmanship can go a bit overboard. Brian has all the brilliance, and is just a bit more reserved.
The Sean Carroll ones are really good.

• 2Like