The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Nope, fuck this. He went hard at the right, gave the left a pass, and became the fucking GO TO NEWS SOURCE for an entire generation of liberals. And every time he was called to the mat about how he was misleading those young adults and not giving the right a fair shake do you know what he did? He hid behind the fact that his show was a comedy show.

Every fucking time he was called out and told to defend his point of view or his misrepresentations he said "(interviewer) I am the host of a show that airs between South Park and a show where puppets make crank calls, there is nothing for me to defend." Fucking hypocritical at every level.

So his bitch ass got away with every vicious attack before there was a Twitter for instant rebuttals and no middle or right wing show on every day to even try and compete. He was the idol to the current group of attack-first-with-whatever-flimsy-shit-you-have-and-worry-about-the-truth-later that are trying to replicate exactly what he did and getting exposed fucking MINUTES later on Twitter because they don't understand that the playing field has changed.

If he was such a truly honest liberal then he would be on every fucking podcast hammering the group of morons filling the airwaves with this trash.
I'm the exact demigraphic you're talking about and now, in my mid-30s, I rebuke modern liberalism with all of the fervor and vitriol of a born again Christian criticizing hedonism.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Ahhhh, and I never heard him say which political campaigns he turned down after Bernie Sanders, but I remember him telling his guest "I'll tell you off-air"....

“I think there’s so much manipulation and so much bullshit when it comes to politics, I’m not interested in it,” he said. He said he turned down requests from Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden to come on the show. (Though he interviewed Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Yang and Bernie Sanders.)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He mentioned Biden and Warren by name on the podcast, at the time they had surrogates out there giving Bernie a bunch of shit for being on Rogan meanwhile they were trying to get spots booked and getting turned down.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I dont think he said specifically but implied that one of the issues was that they wanted to come on but wanted the typical scripted media appearance, which Joe doesn't really do and doesn't do well when he does.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Adam Eget is the talent coordinator at The Comedy Store and is also the sidekick on Norm MacDonald's show "Norm MacDonald Has A Show" on Netflix.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Adam Eget is the talent coordinator at The Comedy Store and is also the sidekick on Norm MacDonald's show "Norm MacDonald Has A Show" on Netflix.
I made it most of the way through this one today.

Middle of the road episode, easy to listen too. Nothing that makes it a "must listen" like the Manson Family author guy last month, but a whole lot easier to listen to than the political/covid episodes.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Joe is joined by Interim UFC Lightweight Champion Justin Gaethje & boxing and MMA trainer Trevor Wittman.

iannis

Musty Nester
Norm brutalizing eget with no remorse was always good. And you can tell norm had none at all. Kidding not kidding.

Norm is such a dick.

I seem to remember him shitting all over Adam just to impress Jane fonda. Lol.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Norm brutalizing eget with no remorse was always good. And you can tell norm had none at all. Kidding not kidding.

Norm is such a dick.

I seem to remember him shitting all over Adam just to impress Jane fonda. Lol.

Ya his blatantly trying to fuck old Jane Fonda was absolutely hilarious. The Steve Merchant & Jim Carrey episodes were great too.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Jordan Jonas spent 77 days living alone in the Canadian wilderness to become the winner for the sixth season of the History Channel’s reality television show “Alone.” @Jordan Jonas

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
So what's Young Jamie's cut of this spotify deal, and has Brian Redban committed suicide yet?

I'd be surprised but not shocked to find out that Redban completely severed all ties to the show since it was already hugely popular when he left. He's an odd guy though so maybe he just walked away with nothing to show for it after being one of the two founding members. It struck me as pretty damn odd at the time when he did it seeing where things were clearly headed success wise. I get he probably wanted to do his own thing and Rogan was increasingly frustrated with him since he was becoming serious guy and Redban is Redban but they both had to know the money was going to be rolling in.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd be surprised but not shocked to find out that Redban completely severed all ties to the show since it was already hugely popular when he left. He's an odd guy though so maybe he just walked away with nothing to show for it after being one of the two founding members. It struck me as pretty damn odd at the time when he did it seeing where things were clearly headed success wise. I get he probably wanted to do his own thing and Rogan was increasingly frustrated with him since he was becoming serious guy and Redban is Redban but they both had to know the money was going to be rolling in.
Redban is on the show like 3-4 times a year, as recently as amonth ago. I usually skip them, but he's not awful as a guest. Just fucking weird.

• 1Like

Goatface

Redban's story about getting a happy ending from an middle aged asian women while she wore those yellow dish washing gloves might be my favorite story from the show.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Redban's story about getting a happy ending from an middle aged asian women while she wore those yellow dish washing gloves might be my favorite story from the show.
Wtf? 90% of the enjoyment of a handy is that you get to splooge all over their hands.

• 1WTF