The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah you can.

Shapiro gave you the basic blueprint.

You have a problem with the plan though because you think its more important for people to be allowed to commit crimes rather than be held accountable for their actions and be accountable to their families. Someone got busted for selling drugs? Lets make drug dealing legal so that we dont have to "break up families".

If you think more cops = bad and less cops = bad, the problem isnt the solution. The problem is you.
Me: spend several posts telling you, quite specifically, what I think about a subject
You: So you think <insert other thing>

is that just like the FoH SOP now? I don't chill in all the board warrior threads anymore but any time I run across one of you scamps this is the plan. Fuck what you said, Imma pretend you said another thing so I can argue against that, which is what I wanted originally anyway.

Shapiro didn't give a blueprint. Like I already said, he talked about the problems, he talked about the root causes, then he talked about solutions. And step 1 in his solution makes those root causes worse, at best. It's almost as if he's reasoning backwards so he can support a specific view he already holds.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
chaos chaos is right, we have tried fixing it for 40 years and it hasn’t worked.

We should disenfranchise the dregs, and give them the punishment of transportation to the west coast of Africa.

There they will find all the equality they deserve.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Me: spend several posts telling you, quite specifically, what I think about a subject
You: So you think <insert other thing>

is that just like the FoH SOP now? I don't chill in all the board warrior threads anymore but any time I run across one of you scamps this is the plan. Fuck what you said, Imma pretend you said another thing so I can argue against that, which is what I wanted originally anyway.

Shapiro didn't give a blueprint. Like I already said, he talked about the problems, he talked about the root causes, then he talked about solutions. And step 1 in his solution makes those root causes worse, at best. It's almost as if he's reasoning backwards so he can support a specific view he already holds.

Yes, what you specifically told me is quite retarded and I distilled it down to point out its absurdity.

The Absurdity:
more cops = bad
less cops = bad

I even asked you specifically to clarify it and heres what you said.

1596128484264.png

Is this some sort of standard IIOTI SOP Now? Say one thing and then deny the reality of what happened 8 minutes later?

No wonder we cant get shit done in this country.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
chaos chaos is right, we have tried fixing it for 40 years and it hasn’t worked.

We should disenfranchise the dregs, and give them the punishment of transportation to the west coast of Africa.

There they will find all the equality they deserve.
More than 40, but the crime crackdown/war on drugs stuff started in the 70s.

If a politician came out and said this, I'd almost respect it more. At least uts honest and not just a retread of Nixon era policies that have been going on forever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yes, what you specifically told me is quite retarded and I distilled it down to point out its absurdity.

The Absurdity:
more cops = bad
less cops = bad

I even asked you specifically to clarify it and heres what you said.

View attachment 289051

Is this some sort of standard IIOTI SOP Now? Say one thing and then deny the reality of what happened 8 minutes later?

No wonder we cant get shit done in this country.
I didnt deny anything and you didn't ask for any clarification. You threw up a false dilemma and preceded to peacock around as if you had done something. You didn't say "less cops" you said "removing police from these areas." You didn't distill shit, you presented a strawman so you could argue against the point in your head you already wanted to argue against. As if these are our only options, or as if police as they currently stand are able to solve the problems that Shapiro himself pointed out.

Unless you're just bored, I don't even know why you're being a faggot about it. Shapiro said himself, it's the family unit, it's the lack of business investment in communities, it's the lack of male role models, the lack of wealth, etc. His solutions heavily prioritized increased police presence in the areas of the country that already have the largest police presence, and the problems he talks about would be made worse not better by that increased presence without completely reworking how policing is done in our country. What is the goal? is it to just lock up poor people? We can already do that. The question to Shapiro wasn't "How would you preserve the status quo?"

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
if you didn't mean what you said then maybe you should clarify, but you posted the exact words that you quoted there.

Its the exact same thing just stated in different words. You're just being a pedant on purpose because you literally argued yourself into a corner and made yourself look stupid. More cops = bad, less cops = bad. Then how many cops is "good"?

Here's what that would look like if I was doing your shtick.

Your quote from a page ago:
I thought Shapiro was exactly what I expected when I saw Shapiro was on there. I didn't watch the whole thing, though. It always disappoints me, the right wing reaction in this country to civil rights. I wish we had more parties. Particularly when they spent like 20 minutes discussing the history of civil rights and slavery, police brutality, jim crow, etc and the impact on current day, then when he asks Shapiro what he would do if he were Pres, his first answer is to crack down with police. Geez, if only previous presidents had thought about widespread incarceration in poverty stricken neighborhoods to drive down crime rates. He addresses the problem, he names off several possible (or contributing) causes, then is like "But we should make things way worse".

1596132476691.png

"NO he didnt say Pres! He said KING! Totally different, its not the same thing! If you didn't mean what you said then maybe you should clarify! You didn't distill shit, you presented a strawman so you could argue against the point in your head you already wanted to argue against."

See how dumb that looks?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ah, so I should have known that he "removing police" you didn't mean removing police. Gotcha.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Ah, so I should have known that he "removing police" you didn't mean removing police. Gotcha.

You should have known that "removing the police = less police", instead of trying to argue semantics

But you already know that, you're just trying to get yourself out of this retarded corner you painted yourself where more cops = bad, but less cops also = bad.

If more cops = bad, and less cops also = bad -- then how do you decide how many cops it takes to = good?

Do you even believe in traditional policing or are you already aboard the "Defund the Police" and "Social Workers Should Police Crime" train?

• 1Pathetic

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You should have known that "removing the police = less police", instead of trying to argue semantics

But you already know that, you're just trying to get yourself out of this retarded corner you painted yourself where more cops = bad, but less cops also = bad.

If more cops = bad, and less cops also = bad -- then how do you decide how many cops it takes to = good?

Do you even believe in traditional policing or are you already aboard the "Defund the Police" and "Social Workers Should Police Crime" train?
Bro, you said what you said and you're throwing a titty baby tantrum over it. whatever. If you meant something different it isn't a big deal, happens to everyone, even happened to Shapiro in the very podcast we're talking about.

To be clear, the claims that I was making about what Shapiro said aren't about the number of police or whatever political bullshit you want to bring up. He said a thing, then when asked for solutions instead of saying "I don't know" or something his first instinct was something that would, immediately, make every problem he just talked about worse. "More police" doesn't solve family unit issues, community investment, jobs, poverty, drugs, mental health, etc. If it did, it would have already been solved the last time we did "more cops".

and lol at "traditional policing." as if there's anything traditional about the way policing is done in low income areas. Is this what they're calling it now? jesus fuck.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Bro, you said what you said and you're throwing a titty baby tantrum over it. whatever. If you meant something different it isn't a big deal, happens to everyone, even happened to Shapiro in the very podcast we're talking about.

To be clear, the claims that I was making about what Shapiro said aren't about the number of police or whatever political bullshit you want to bring up. He said a thing, then when asked for solutions instead of saying "I don't know" or something his first instinct was something that would, immediately, make every problem he just talked about worse. "More police" doesn't solve family unit issues, community investment, jobs, poverty, drugs, mental health, etc. If it did, it would have already been solved the last time we did "more cops".

and lol at "traditional policing." as if there's anything traditional about the way policing is done in low income areas. Is this what they're calling it now? jesus fuck.

No tantrums here. I just keep reiterating my clear point and you keep thrashing against it because you know you trapped yourself.

Case in point. Your first paragraph attacks me and disingenuously tries to claim that i meant something different when I clearly meant one very specific thing and reiterated it repeatedly. I meant exactly what I said, and you tried to mangle it because you realized you painted yourself into a corner.

In your 2nd paragraph you now try to reframe the argument and get away entirely from what you agreed to originally, that more cops = bad, but less cops also = bad and pivot back on Shapiro whom you mischaracterize again. Shapiro clearly states that more police isnt a long term solution to everything, he says the first and immediate step has to be more police to restore order because you cant even begin to work on other problems without a standard of basic public safety.

I'm also glad that you confessed that my suspicion about what you actually think of policing and "social workers" is more or less true. Which leads me to the final point:

You see poor areas filled with crime, and see you rich areas that are crime free and you immediately think poor = crime, rich = no crime. Your first instinct to solve that problem is to eliminate poverty, and thus you eliminate crime. Its why War on Poverty has failed, its why the Welfate State has failed, its why every wealth redistribution program has failed to accomplish its intended goals.

Don't worry, I used to think the same thing until I realized this

Its not the abundance of money that makes people commit less crime, its that the character required to become rich (being studious, diligent, hardworking, scrupulous, responsible, NOT BEING A CRIMINAL) is lacking in most poor people. In 99.9% of the cases, you literally have to be consistently not a piece of shit over the course of decades, which is where the "poors" fail. Even if you give the "poors" a ton of money, they will almost always fuck it up (look at lottery winners, or professional sports players who came from the ghetto). Now look at same lottery winners and sports stars who come from middle class families and see how many end up blowing through all their earnings in next 10 years.

This is why wealth redistribution always fails because youre giving money to people who have no idea how to manage it, save it, nurture it i.e. they dont have the character and the habits to do day in and day out of what is required to advance in society.

And this is why guys like Shapiro go completely over your head.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That isn't what I think, I told you what I think, why do you have to keep trying to tell me what I think? What I think is when you say "restore order" you're talking about the same old shit again. Same shit as Hillary and her crime bill superpredator nonsense in the 90s, and the crack shit in the 80s, and whatever the fuck they did before that. Shapiro isn't, in this clip, referencing an ongoing riot. Just impoverished areas in general. This isn't some insightful political genius, this isn't new, this is the same shit retread from decades ago, that has failed. How many more times do we continue the pattern before trying something different? Or evaluating the problem?

Shapiro says "stop crime". you have to "stop crime". Then, in this area where crime has stopped, businesses will invest. This is why people shouldn't get all up their own asses with the political shit, because you hear something like this and you think it says something profound, but it isn't. As if, in the history of governance in the United States, no one ever considered that we should just "stop crime".

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
That isn't what I think, I told you what I think, why do you have to keep trying to tell me what I think? What I think is when you say "restore order" you're talking about the same old shit again. Same shit as Hillary and her crime bill superpredator nonsense in the 90s, and the crack shit in the 80s, and whatever the fuck they did before that. Shapiro isn't, in this clip, referencing an ongoing riot. Just impoverished areas in general. This isn't some insightful political genius, this isn't new, this is the same shit retread from decades ago, that has failed. How many more times do we continue the pattern before trying something different? Or evaluating the problem?

Shapiro says "stop crime". you have to "stop crime". Then, in this area where crime has stopped, businesses will invest. This is why people shouldn't get all up their own asses with the political shit, because you hear something like this and you think it says something profound, but it isn't. As if, in the history of governance in the United States, no one ever considered that we should just "stop crime".

stop crime is a pretty profound statement these days when the National debate is “how can we get rid of all cops and make crimes legal and stop incarceration and let felons vote and give everyone free money and crack heads are the real heroes”

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Nancy Panza, Ph.D, is a Professor of Psychology at Cal State Fullerton. She has also worked within county, state, and federal facilities providing clinical and forensic services for juvenile and adult offenders and has provided services for police departments in New York City, Alabama, and Southern California.

This one is really good.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Nancy Panza, Ph.D, is a Professor of Psychology at Cal State Fullerton. She has also worked within county, state, and federal facilities providing clinical and forensic services for juvenile and adult offenders and has provided services for police departments in New York City, Alabama, and Southern California.

This one is really good.

download (1).jpeg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Only if there was some crime infested city from the past and some guy was the mayor of it and we had an example of how getting tough on crime from the bottom up actually works oh wait that guy supports trump so history has been rewritten and to even speak of this is racist blasphemy doh guess we’ll do nothing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Only if there was some crime infested city from the past and some guy was the mayor of it and we had an example of how getting tough on crime from the bottom up actually works oh wait that guy supports trump so history has been rewritten and to even speak of this is racist blasphemy doh guess we’ll do nothing.
does this bitch talk about broken window theory?
e7df45b371d8ff2c20d8c2938735adcf.png

cuz thats what rudi did

he cleaned up EVERYTHING (well he left the joggers to jog)

i remember seeing graffitti EVERYWHERE on the trains and train stops. mta police stopped that

a video of train graffiti 70s/80s/90s

if you live in a clean place, crime isn't gonna happen.

vs. shit holes like san fran

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
kind of two different things though, yeah? those impoverished communities are still all fucked up, the same one's Rogan was calling out in the podcast for being crime-ridden dangerous places.

• 1Picard