The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I was watching but when he started talking about Bourdain and sobbing, I was out. Shit's hard to watch, and yeah, looks like you're watching the lead up to self harm or something.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Dr. Debra Soh is a former sex researcher, neuroscientist, columnist, and podcast host. Her new book The End of Gender: Debunking the Myths about Sex and Identity in Our Society is now available.

Anyone who gives Joe shit over this is a radical. Yes some people are trans but you probably shouldn't give hormones to 6 year olds or saw 13 year old girl's tits off just because they think they want that. Makes sense to me.
This one was good, a great follow up to the one last week (or whenever that was). I'm with Joe, total compassion and whatever for anyone who has gender dysphoria and has to deal with that and shit. But leave the kids alone, ffs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I always like the Mike Baker ones for whatever reason but yeah, I'm about halfway through and nothing super interesting so far.

The problem is, at least this time, Mike didn't have anything new to say really. Joe needs to space out his appearances a bit more.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I dunno man, if you've got more money than you can spend and you're still unhappy with the way your life is... maybe you're just trying to be unhappy. It's super hard to have any compassion for that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I know the adam guy is a weirdo but did something else happen?
This happened a while back.
Also, Adam posted this on his website in response to the fallout, basically he went back after and googled a bunch of shit to support his incorrect position and then made a blog post.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This happened a while back.
Also, Adam posted this on his website in response to the fallout, basically he went back after and googled a bunch of shit to support his incorrect position and then made a blog post.
what? this nitwit double downed? lulz

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I dunno man, if you've got more money than you can spend and you're still unhappy with the way your life is... maybe you're just trying to be unhappy. It's super hard to have any compassion for that.
It's easy to see how that could be a pretty empty existence though, especially if you come into money newly. You have problems, but you do a thing. You get infinite dollars from the thing you did. What do you do? If you gave 20 year old me that kind of money, I'd be dead. The fact that he's even here is a miracle.

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
what? this nitwit double downed? lulz
Of course. He thinks that he's being a good guy and advocating for trans equality. I went through the research back when I was annoyingly berating Vanessa over this, to the extent reasonable for a layman like me, and this dude is completely wrong on almost every point except for his desire to be compassionate towards people. His blog post is fucking nonsense, cherry-picked garbage that he was literally pointed to by a MTF trans athlete-become-activist.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's easy to see how that could be a pretty empty existence though, especially if you come into money newly. You have problems, but you do a thing. You get infinite dollars from the thing you did. What do you do? If you gave 20 year old me that kind of money, I'd be dead. The fact that he's even here is a miracle.

Oh, for sure. It's understandable. I'd be dead as shit if i'd struck it rich young. My dumb ass would have gotten shot doing something retarded. But what i'm thinking is... Maybe stop fucking 8 different whores a day if you feel like your life is a hedonistic fever dream which lacks real meaning. I mean, you know, the little things.

I'm not trying to be an asshole about it or anything. I have an idea, and maybe it's the wrong idea, that the man somehow views struggle as necessary for his artistic expression and in the situation where he faces no externally imposed struggle he is imposing them on himself. But only the ones that are comfortable. And to that.. I just have to make jerk off motions.

There's plenty of struggle in this world. And it's all hard. And I don't blame him a single bit for not seeking it out. But you don't get sympathy points for that. I mean you don't lose them either.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm totally on board with getting innocent people out of jail, but I don't trust these to be objective, at all. Still, they're probably doing more good than harm but given their politics they might just be going after politically expedient / correct cases, so who knows. Not impressed.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't listened yet but I wondered the same thing. Are they as committed to keeping guilty people in jail as getting innocent ones out? Or are they just trying to get anyone they can out of prison?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I haven't listened yet but I wondered the same thing. Are they as committed to keeping guilty people in jail as getting innocent ones out? Or are they just trying to get anyone they can out of prison?
I haven't listened to it yet, but why the fuck would that be a goal of the Innocence Project?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
the problem with the innocence project is they aren’t trying to always prove innocence. They also fight against failures in the system or technicalities. Cases where the convict was guilty but someone fucked something up and the trial was unfair.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Is that the problem though? What they're calling "technicalities" there are our rights and civil liberties, as implemented in the law enforcement system. Without seeing specific cases it's hard to say, but if there's some cop falsifying evidence or some prosecutor violating the rights of the accused, fuck them. Why should I be upset about their bullshit being exposed?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like