The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Pretty damn interesting.

This guy is a little bit low-key.....uh.... egotistical/fame-seeking, but it's so subtle that it's almost not worth mentioning. I think it's noticable to me because I've done similar stuff when telling stories about my vagabonding and different places I've lived.

Lots of very interesting stories about living in the Amazon though. Great episode.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pretty damn interesting.

This guy is a little bit low-key.....uh.... egotistical/fame-seeking, but it's so subtle that it's almost not worth mentioning. Lots of very interesting stories about living in the Amazon though. Great episode.

yea, youre telling me a white dude is better at catching snakes than a real life tribal dude

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also, I skipped the Jim Gaffigan episode because I saw a YouTube clip where he said something along the lines of "...is anything the democrats have done on par with what trump has done?". I don't feel like listening to any more people saying that no one in government has done anything as bad as Trump, so let me know if I misinterpreted that clip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
yea, youre telling me a white dude is better at catching snakes than a real life tribal dude
Nah that's not the way I read it. He doesn't pretend that he's better than any of the natives. It's more like a low-key brag that he's a badass white dude that's proven he can hang with them in a savage environment. He's not wrong.

And the episode isn't mostly about snakes. I read Lost City of Z when the book first came out and my takeaway from it wasn't about expeditions or treasure hunting....it was about how much of a fucking nightmare being in the Amazon sounds, mainly because of insects.

That's basically what this JRE episode is about....how much everything sucks in the Amazon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nah that's not the way I read it. He doesn't pretend that he's better than any of the natives. It's more like a low-key brag that he's a badass white dude that's proven he can hang with them in a savage environment. He's not wrong.

And the episode isn't mostly about snakes. I read Lost City of Z when the book first came out and my takeaway from it wasn't about expeditions or treasure hunting....it was about how much of a fucking nightmare being in the Amazon sounds, mainly because of insects.

That's basically what this JRE episode is about....how much everything sucks in the Amazon.
explain the snake part

he's like, i know all the snakes and catch em! while my tribal guide just says "if it's red, it's dead, chop chop"

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
explain the snake part

he's like, i know all the snakes and catch em! while my tribal guide just says "if it's red, it's dead, chop chop"
He's saying the locals think snakes of a certain color are dangerous, and it's basically most of them. So they just kill them all or stay away from them.

He explained that the locals come to that conclusion because a lot of the dangerous snakes can be all sorts of colors. One "litter" (or whatever) of the exact same type of snake can be all sorts of different colors. If that's a dangerous snake, the locals just learn that all the colors are dangerous. Once they learn that, they kill all of them and never learn otherwise.

He's saying that he's tried to teach them that color is a silly trait to identify snakes by, like identify the make of a car based on what color it is.

I have no fucking idea if he's correct, but it makes sense why the locals would just kill any snake they see because of the way they learned what's dangerous.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
White rednecks used to catch rattlesnakes by hand in the South, to take them to roundups. Those that still do it, use smoke before they catch them.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you're a long in the tooth, cranky old man and you've ever worked with an obnoxiously peppy little teenager, you'll know what this guy is like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Oh I forgot about that part too. His sister married a tranny and he was dropping quote a few "they/thems" during the episode.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
yea the first 1minute of the episode these 2 faggots drink bud light

he's supposed to be a military country singer and this faggot drinks bud light?

woulda clicked next, but there wasn't a new eps to load, had to turn it off and just drive in silence
Watch these if you're bored. F16, F18 and Kiowa pilots.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Not sure what to say about this one. This guy was just kind of annoying. "What's your favorite color Joe? Who's your favorite candidate Joe? What're you doing next year Joe? What's the relative airspeed of an unladen African swallow, Joe? "

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not sure what to say about this one. This guy was just kind of annoying. "What's your favorite color Joe? Who's your favorite candidate Joe? What're you doing next year Joe? What's the relative airspeed of an unladen African swallow, Joe? "

i don't remember his last jre w/ joe, so i think he just decided to come on here hard af

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

PBD has his own podcast similar to Rogan's so its basically 2 interviewers doing their schtick.

I listened to some clips and while I agree with a lot of what PBD says, its like "so what?". You're not telling me anything that I didnt already know.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users