The Karate Kid Part II (1986)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Karate Kid Part II (1986)

Tagline: This time, the combat is real.

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Action, Romance, Family

Director: John G. Avildsen

Cast: Ralph Macchio, Pat Morita, Nobu McCarthy, Tamlyn Tomita, Yuji Okumoto, Joey Miyashima, Marc Hayashi, Danny Kamekona, Martin Kove, William Zabka, Tony O'Dell, Chad McQueen, Rob Garrison, Ron Thomas, Pat E. Johnson, Arsenio 'Sonny' Trinidad, Charlie Tanimoto, Sarah Kendall, BD Wong, Clarence Gilyard Jr., George O'Hanlon Jr.

Release: 1986-06-18

Runtime: 113

Plot: Mr. Miyagi and Daniel take a trip to Okinawa to visit Mr. Miyagi's dying father. After arriving Mr. Miyagi finds he still has feelings for an old love. This stirs up trouble with an old rival who he originally left Okinawa to avoid. In the mean time, Daniel encounters a new love and also makes some enemies.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just finished this. Honestly this is a top 10-15 movie for me. The movie is just perfect. Let me preface with the entire trilogy is great with three being the weakest. But this is one of those rare scenarios when the sequel surpasses the original. I think it’s due to the fact the beauty of this movie is the mentor relationship between Daniel and Miyagi, and the first movie takes a little while to get that going. This movie has multiple heart wrenching scenes including when Miyagi’s father dies and Daniel is consoling him, and it’s just the behind shot with the sun setting and Daniels arm draped across Miyagis shoulder. It’s just great.

This, Back to the Future, and Indiana Jones are the great trilogies of my childhood, but I think Karate Kid takes the cake for me.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just finished this. Honestly this is a top 10-15 movie for me. The movie is just perfect. Let me preface with the entire trilogy is great with three being the weakest. But this is one of those rare scenarios when the sequel surpasses the original. I think it’s due to the fact the beauty of this movie is the mentor relationship between Daniel and Miyagi, and the first movie takes a little while to get that going. This movie has multiple heart wrenching scenes including when Miyagi’s father dies and Daniel is consoling him, and it’s just the behind shot with the sun setting and Daniels arm draped across Miyagis shoulder. It’s just great.

This, Back to the Future, and Indiana Jones are the great trilogies of my childhood, but I think Karate Kid takes the cake for me.
that last fight though.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Three is fucking garbage, 2 was the one they constantly showed us at the Boys and Girls Club (and Flight of the Navigator) when I was a kid. Just thinking about this song makes me irritable.

I hate that fucking song so much.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The third Nightmare on Elm Street, while the series would continue, is perhaps the best of the entire franchise.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
does the third movie in any trilogy ever equal or compare to the first or second?
Dude, THE MATRIX 3! #1 movie right there.

And MI:3 was with Philip Seymour Hoffman, where they hang him face first from the bottom of a flying plane. That was pretty awesome at the time.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Die Hard With a Vengeance
Halloween 3 Season Of The Witch
Friday The 13th 3 in 3d
Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
Rocky 3
Toy Story 3
Army Of Darkness
Naked Gun 33 1/3
Back To The Future 3

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Die Hard With a Vengeance
Halloween 3 Season Of The Witch
Friday The 13th 3 in 3d
Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
Rocky 3
Toy Story 3
Army Of Darkness
Naked Gun 33 1/3
Back To The Future 3

The Rocky franchise is always fun to debate. I fucking love Rocky, named my dog after it, tried boxing in high school, etc. I always loved 1 and 2 almost equally, then three, then 4, and don’t acknowledge five as existing.

I think the fight in 2 is the best, but the second fight in 3 is fucking great when he switches to right hand.

How did you like six and the Creed series?

#1. Tie between 1 and 2
#2. Tie between 3 and Rocky Balboa
#3. Creed
#4. Creed 2
#5. 4
#89. 5

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Had this on pirate VHS as a kid, for a spell told my parents to call me Daniel.

Still wonder to this day whether the Okinawan Ice Bar is actually a thing.

Chozen's clothes are a fashion influence on me today.

Got the limited edition trilogy score and it's awesome.

Got one of the drums from Epcot in 1989.

Also, was just thinking earlier that Cobra Kai isn't actually that good.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Had this on pirate VHS as a kid, for a spell told my parents to call me Daniel.

Still wonder to this day whether the Okinawan Ice Bar is actually a thing.

Chozen's clothes are a fashion influence on me today.

Got the limited edition trilogy score and it's awesome.

Got one of the drums from Epcot in 1989.

Also, was just thinking earlier that Cobra Kai isn't actually that good.

Man, I tried google-ing and I couldn't find anything about if the ice bar chopping thing is real or not. Chozen's shirt in the last fight was badass haha. He was such a pimp. I think Cobra Kai is weak but I enjoy being back in the universe.

Fucking Pat Morita was brilliant in all of the KK movies. He says so much with his face and eyes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Rocky franchise is always fun to debate. I fucking love Rocky, named my dog after it, tried boxing in high school, etc. I always loved 1 and 2 almost equally, then three, then 4, and don’t acknowledge five as existing.

I think the fight in 2 is the best, but the second fight in 3 is fucking great when he switches to right hand.

How did you like six and the Creed series?

#1. Tie between 1 and 2
#2. Tie between 3 and Rocky Balboa
#3. Creed
#4. Creed 2
#5. 4
#89. 5
I love all the rocky movies cept 5 and even that one has its charm. I havent watched the creed films, probably never will.
If i had to pick top 5
1, 1
2, 3

I saw rocky 3 and 4 so many times as a kid. Hbo or cinemax never seemed to get enough of it.

• 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Man, I tried google-ing and I couldn't find anything about if the ice bar chopping thing is real or not. Chozen's shirt in the last fight was badass haha. He was such a pimp. I think Cobra Kai is weak but I enjoy being back in the universe.

Fucking Pat Morita was brilliant in all of the KK movies. He says so much with his face and eyes.
you can see kyokushin guys doing it, its the karate gsp practices

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I love all the rocky movies cept 5 and even that one has its charm. I havent watched the creed films, probably never will.
If i had to pick top 5
1, 1
2, 3

I saw rocky 3 and 4 so many times as a kid. Hbo or cinemax never seemed to get enough of it.

Wait, if you love Rocky movies, why not see the Creed ones?? Man they are good. Creed 1 picks up like a few years after Rocky 6. They honestly have most of the heart as the original Rocky movies. Rocky is his lovable self, etc. They're really, really well done. And Creed 2, you get Ivan Drago back, etc.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wait, if you love Rocky movies, why not see the Creed ones?? Man they are good. Creed 1 picks up like a few years after Rocky 6. They honestly have most of the heart as the original Rocky movies. Rocky is his lovable self, etc. They're really, really well done. And Creed 2, you get Ivan Drago back, etc.
But they arent about rocky, its about creed jr. Dont care about him.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database