The King's Man (2020)

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Terribly boring. You will “literally who?” at the big villain reveal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Rasputin was the best part of the movie and that's not saying much. That fight was definitely a step down from the clever carnage of the first film.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have not had the heart to watch this yet, maybe tomorrow. There is no way this can be worse than the second movie though. Robot dogs named Bennie and Jet. Get the fuck out of here.
Do watch, curious how long until you give up.

The more you give the movie the benefit it fucks you more.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've tried like 3 times to watch this and I just can't. It's boring af. People hate on Kingsman 2, but I'd watch that on repeat over this.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have this playing in the background...not exactly sure what is going on, but kind of surprised Rasputin is played as some sort of rapey fag.

Yea gonna stop watching this lol.

Ok seriously don't watch this...I guess it's kind of funny, but jesus christ.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

Szlia

There are some huge shifts in tone in that movie, to the point you wonder if anyone had any idea what they wanted to do. The comedy is also not funny at all, the action nothing special, the plot lame (is that scarf thing supposed to be a joke ?) and not engaging (are we supposed to root for the people who try preserve the european monarchies and then create a secret society with no oversight to do it ?). The only cool idea is the insert of the characters in historical events (amusingly the attack on Ferdinand is pretty accurate) and the random, not that well known (at least to me) historical factoids. Sadly, it's more of a random collage than some sort of brilliant exercise in historical fiction.

• 1Like

Homsar

I've tried like 3 times to watch this and I just can't. It's boring af. People hate on Kingsman 2, but I'd watch that on repeat over this.
I was thinking the same thing, this makes part 2 look amazing

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
There was one very unexpected part in all of this but it wasn't worth the rest.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
friend tried to get me to watch this even before FOH feedback rolled in.

i hard no'd it and dug in. vindicated

Shoonzor88

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, what Britain needs is more reinforcement of the Royal family at the top of a corrupt and broken class system that keeps inbred entitled nonces in positions of unearned power and privilege.

I'm so fucking easily triggered by this shit.
Actually in principle i had never been in favor of monarchy as an institution, however with the years ive come into a few doubts....... id recommend you read Hans Herman Hoppes " Democracy the god that failed " before you bash " unearned power and class privilege".

the book makes many interesting comparisons between modern igualitarian democracies comparing them to various historic aristocratic regimes, and surprisingly igualitarian democracy comes up short in many economic, cultural and artistic fields.

Compare for example the intelectual cultural hotbed Viena was in 1870-1910 ( Freud, Strauss, Weidegger, Kleint, Nietzsche, Dostoyevski, Lenin and a long and a long ect ) .

All this artistic and intelectual renaissance happened under an aristocratic class privileged absolute monarchy, democratic igualitarian Viena from 1970-2010 would fare rather badly compared in any cultural or intelectual field.....

Stefan Zweig argued that individual freedom has never reached the peak it reached in pre 1914 society, in those days one could travel all over europe without a passport, hardly being burdoned by any burocracy and income tax was a crazy person scheme. World war one brought the end of aristocratic european society that had developed over centuries in the trenches of the Somme and Verdun that allowed such things to be introduced, im not really sure the world created after WW1 could be said to be better ......

Henry Kissinger who i consider one of america's best geopolitical thinkers always used to say that when one looks at most of the 20th centuries problems the roots begin in WW1.

Consider how benign even autocratic regimes that were based on class privilege like the Russian Tzars or Central European Emperors were to the Stalins and Hitlers that followed. The age of mass democracy is not only the death of chivalry and privilege but the age of mass murder and crimes against humanity.

Universal sufrage with the female vote and democratic igualitarian society are historically rather new social experiments, im rather not sure if history will look kindly on them or how they will be judged once the novelty wears off.

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watching this and it seems like the origin story for Cobra Commander Haha.

• 1Worf

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'm about an hour in and definitely see the knocks listed in the last page or two. This reminds me very much of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. You can kind of see what they were going to do (especially if you read the "source" material) and want it to be good, but its just kind of bleh. It would be interesting to see a list of movie franchises with so much potential from the first one (that first Kingsman movie was fucking incredible and came out of nowhere) that led to such disappointment with the followups. At anyrate, I'll finish this up, there are design elements I still really like and a pretty cool shot every now and then but yeah, not awesome at all.

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
That middle trench warfare bit was pretty fucking awesome, this is definitely in the positive territory

• 2Like

Animosity

Watched this at work since I was bored and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The first 30 minutes were pretty dumb but once it got going it was fine. Wouldn’t tell anyone they gotta watch it but it’s a decent time waster.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
TERRIBLE pacing, the plane and cliff scene was stupid as fuck, the dance fight was best part and it was terrible. Skip to trench stuff, stop when that's over.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Actually in principle i had never been in favor of monarchy as an institution, however with the years ive come into a few doubts....... id recommend you read Hans Herman Hoppes " Democracy the god that failed " before you bash " unearned power and class privilege".

the book makes many interesting comparisons between modern igualitarian democracies comparing them to various historic aristocratic regimes, and surprisingly igualitarian democracy comes up short in many economic, cultural and artistic fields.

Compare for example the intelectual cultural hotbed Viena was in 1870-1910 ( Freud, Strauss, Weidegger, Kleint, Nietzsche, Dostoyevski, Lenin and a long and a long ect ) .

All this artistic and intelectual renaissance happened under an aristocratic class privileged absolute monarchy, democratic igualitarian Viena from 1970-2010 would fare rather badly compared in any cultural or intelectual field.....

Stefan Zweig argued that individual freedom has never reached the peak it reached in pre 1914 society, in those days one could travel all over europe without a passport, hardly being burdoned by any burocracy and income tax was a crazy person scheme. World war one brought the end of aristocratic european society that had developed over centuries in the trenches of the Somme and Verdun that allowed such things to be introduced, im not really sure the world created after WW1 could be said to be better ......

Henry Kissinger who i consider one of america's best geopolitical thinkers always used to say that when one looks at most of the 20th centuries problems the roots begin in WW1.

Consider how benign even autocratic regimes that were based on class privilege like the Russian Tzars or Central European Emperors were to the Stalins and Hitlers that followed. The age of mass democracy is not only the death of chivalry and privilege but the age of mass murder and crimes against humanity.

Universal sufrage with the female vote and democratic igualitarian society are historically rather new social experiments, im rather not sure if history will look kindly on them or how they will be judged once the novelty wears off.

had to go full retard at the end huh

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do watch, curious how long until you give up.

The more you give the movie the benefit it fucks you more.
I watched it, I thought the movie was "fine". It was well-made. It had some good scenes. It was too long, the pacing was off, it wasn't set up like your standard hero movie, obviously without spoiling things. It wasn't great but it was way fucking better than the second movie in the series. They probably should have stopped after the first movie.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't that bad. It had a number of good parts. The absolute best part was rasputin healing arthur's leg by licking it like a pussy.

I have this playing in the background...not exactly sure what is going on, but kind of surprised Rasputin is played as some sort of rapey fag.

I'm not sure what stories you've heard about rasputin but the portrayal in this movie matches everything I've ever heard.