The Last of Us

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Same here, know little about the game other than it's an apparently good zombie game, not even sure the genre. Show is excellent.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ellie looks like she has down syndrome. The girl who played Sarah was way better and I would have been happier if the actresses swapped roles.

Otherwise the show is good.

Uncle Utnayan Utnayan is right. Ellie is annoying, actress tries way too hard to come off as having an attitude that it just doesn't seem normal for her and really forced.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Svingen999

Golden Baronet of the Realm
209E6155-D74E-42D4-AA95-A901021A38A2.jpeg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ellie looks like she has down syndrome. The girl who played Sarah was way better and I would have been happier if the actresses swapped roles.

Otherwise the show is good.

Uncle Utnayan Utnayan is right. Ellie is annoying, actress tries way too hard to come off as having an attitude that it just doesn't seem normal for her and really forced.

So glad I'm not the only one, we literally said that when she first came onscreen. Her manicured / painted on square eyebrows don't really help either, much less in a setting where you really don't get a chance to work on that :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Another reason the 2nd game was hated so much. It's telling that the best parts of the 2nd game were the flashbacks when Joel was trying to be a dad to Ellie and had to deal with the normal shit parents have to deal with.

• 1Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't see how they could tell the full story of Part I in only 9 episodes. I think Lanx's thought to end Season 1 on the rebar moment would definitely make the most sense and a natural cliffhanger for season 2. Great cold open with Ellie creeping through that mall looking for antibiotics and the audience not knowing if Joel is alive or dead. For season 1, I just hope they do justice to that moment in the basement of the building where you start the generator and shit goes from 1 to 10 in an instant. I think that was my first holy shit moment in Part I.

There is also no way Part II could be told in 9-10 episodes as it was quite a bit longer of a game than Part I. So hopefully Part I is 2 seasons, and Part 2 is 2 more seasons. I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed playing all the way through Part II.

• 1Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hah maybe thats true. Its not because I loved Abby's character. I didn't hate her, but mainly I just like the world and the gameplay. I definitely would have rather played as Ellie throughout the whole thing.

• 1Garbage

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
since there is a 5 year time skip between 1 and 2, depending on how long a season takes to make, I feel like they could make a new story spanning those years, then get to TLoU2 in season 3
Sure. The flashbacks from TLOU2 which were in between 1 and 2 are a good enough springboard. Just focus it on Ellie's story and not Abbie. FFS, don't introduce Abbie until absolutely necessary.

Or you could even drag out the first game across two seasons, since it jumps entire seasons at a time. They did make a whole expansion pack filling in the gap between Jole getting impaled and their defeat of the cannibal group.

Cybsled

FFS, don't introduce Abbie until absolutely necessary.

Honestly they need to introduce Abby earlier. Make her a C-plot at the Fireflies base. Give the audience glimpses of the base that are intentionally misleading because it is from the POV of a naive kid. Then when you get to the end of TLOU in the show, have a scene where we previously saw Abby's POV, then we then cut to what her father actually did and we see the horrible shit he is doing. This creates some audience sympathy because a) it shows Abby was left completely in the dark about what was going on b) makes the audience more sympathetic to her because in her eyes, her innocent dad was killed by some crazy bearded psycho. Then if the show continues past end of TLOU1, you follow her dark spiral downward as she is left with nothing but revenge.

TLOU2 had such a negative reaction to Abby because they essentially tried to create a Negan killing Glenn situation, but Negan was a much stronger character and the comics treated him as an antagonist. Negan doesn't become "good" until he is defeated, imprisoned, and years pass by. Abby just shows up out of nowhere, kills Joel, and we get some weak backstory that is supposed to garner sympathy/paint her as a victim but the audience doesn't care because all this came after she did the deed. It doesn't feel "earned".

It's a lot easier for the show to fix this narrative issue than the game, because they can actually plan ahead with the show vs. the game trying to shoehorn stuff in later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Tonight's episode is really going to see who payed attention to the first game. Apparently its the best in the series.

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Weak episode. Watched the afterthoughts episode as well only to learn it didn't even exist in game.
Whole episode of gay fungus with a 5 minute looting spree before and after.
Fucking gay fungus.

• 1Pathetic

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Weak episode. Watched the afterthoughts episode as well only to learn it didn't even exist in game.
Whole episode of gay fungus with a 5 minute looting spree before and after.
Fucking gay fungus.

Lmao at the predictable response. Honestly, some of you guys are so insecure.

Yes, I covered my face with my dressing gown during the gay stuff, but I don't see how anyone could not find that episode emotionally moving. I guess they probably fleshed out the backstory of that/those characters, if they even existed in the game. But it was still an incredibly powerful episode of TV and very well acted.

That episode legitimately has to be in the conversation of "all time great TV episodes"

Edit: old Frank looked like Jordan Peterson lol.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No idea if any of that was in the game but the episode was great.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did not expect my Sunday popcorn zombie show to emotionally crush me in episode 3.

• 2Solidarity