The Last of Us

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe in the context of the show, spores are going to remain a rumor and not a reality, unlike the game. Fungus is way too good at spreading via spores to have it be remotely believable humanity would have made it 20 years if they could just get a spore in our nose and take over. The game had your gasmask be an essential piece of gear to prevent this, but in reality, we would probably need to wear one all the time to avoid getting funged.

I'd find it absolutely hilarious if they had Pedro wear a gasmask for huge chunks of this show after the well published issues he had with having his face hidden in Mando.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd find it absolutely hilarious if they had Pedro wear a gasmask for huge chunks of this show after the well published issues he had with having his face hidden in Mando.
he does like helmets

e5ef02dd349a7d0d77d7e3283887b234.jpg

practically the whole time in a fishbowl

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Just caught up on first two eps.

Glad this went to HBO, they do it right. Sticking very close to the game's story, nice. But also fleshing out more of the pre-apocalypse lore which the game didn't delve as deep into. That's working very nicely.

Keep it up, HBO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
They aren’t actually planning to do season two with the tranbo 2nd game storyline right? Right???

since there is a 5 year time skip between 1 and 2, depending on how long a season takes to make, I feel like they could make a new story spanning those years, then get to TLoU2 in season 3

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't play the second game but know kind of what happened, is the story that shitty?

spronk

FPS noob
i could see two things happening

season 2 is TLOU2 intact, gonna be tough with some of the timelines (trying to be spoiler free for those who havent played)
season 2 is Abbie's teenage story along with that area of the world, a prequel to TLOU2 basically, then season 3 is TLOU2

Naughty Dog has said repeatedly they don't currently have plans for TLOU3 but who knows if thats bullshit or not. If they haven't even started on TLOU3 though it would take a minimum of 6-7 years to put the game out, and there is no way they can be in a holding pattern for the TV show.

The entire studio is working on Factions (second small team working on a new IP), a massive $70 multiplayer "expansion" to TLOU2 which also has story built into it. I never played TLOU2 so I really have no interest but I'm guessing they expect it to be massive.

The TLOU major showrunner, Chernobyl guy, is also not known for dragging ass so my guess its #1. Season 2 in 2024/2025 and its over.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It would make no sense to dispense not only with the main character, but a showrunner like Pascal, in favor of some fugly tranbo.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It would make no sense to dispense not only with the main character, but a showrunner like Pascal, in favor of some fugly tranbo.
It made no sense in the video game either but here we are.

My guess is they introduce the tranny this year and make Joel look worse to make it look more sympathetic when it happens.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
tlou1 is only barely a year in length

i mean i guess if s1 ends on rebar

then they can spend s2 all in the winter

Cybsled

tlou1 is only barely a year in length

i mean i guess if s1 ends on rebar

then they can spend s2 all in the winter

Television wise this always made the most sense. End s1 with the rebar scene, s2 is the rest of the first game.

However, introducing Abby earlier on would be their best bet. She doesn’t go all psycho mode until post TLOU1, so it is an easier way to garner audience sympathy for her. Otherwise they repeat the main issue with the 2nd game: they try to force us to care about a character we barely met because of an extremely brief flashback scene.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They show her screaming then he is hugging her and she is quiet. It is not said she is dead or just passed out. It is assumed yes, but then instant 20 year flash ahead and bunch of Sarah look alikes running around who know Pedo. It's easy to assume she is dead when you know the story but from the outside, no, it was not clear given the introduction of kangz.
It was clear to me by his brother's reaction to her laying like a ragdoll in Pedro's arms.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched both episodes tonight. Was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was. Know zero about the game. Casting was solid. Anna Torv really looked like shit.

For those not following parts of it, are you on your phone while you watch? Factions? Black Firefly explains it. Rebels against an authoritarian gubmint that did a power grab to "save people".

Ep1 with the truck scenes was exceedingly well done. Jakarta also exceedingly well done in S2.

If this holds up we get this and Succession right behind it. And at some point Tokyo Vice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

Very surprised at the number of people who knew nothing about the game. I guess if you did not have a PlayStation 3 or 4 (and now 5) you were unlikely to know much about it.