The Last of Us

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished the second half of the season. It just gets weak and disjointed (as someone else said) after KC. Finale was solid though. Joel going through the hospital was a great way to say "hey this is a FPS". Not sure I will watch S2.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the second half of the season. It just gets weak and disjointed (as someone else said) after KC. Finale was solid though. Joel going through the hospital was a great way to say "hey this is a FPS". Not sure I will watch S2.

joel-golf.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Damn Ellie grew up fast. Theyre gonna have to recast her for S2.

1691226604757.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

not enough tranbo in those arms

Highly coveted lol. That 'character' is the reason I never touched the sequel, and part of the reason I stopped watching S1 knowing it's coming.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Dever is cute ugh. I never played games until recently. I was going to start Alan Wake or something to kill time

Last edited:

Cybsled

"How do we fix TLOU2?"
"Hire a hot actress to play Abby?"
"But that defeats the message of our game..."
"Exactly"

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Looking forward to the viewing public quickly turning on the show after Joel meets his fate. Even if they do Abby better I think it completely changes why people liked the first season and the first game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, there won't instantly be people hating on her because she actually is attractive and not trans or trans looking.

I think the events in the game could work for a good drama but they need to work on presenting the story so that she's a more sympathetic character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
They should expand on the time between the games, 4 years is a pretty big jump for a TV show. Hell have the season cliffhanger being Joel's death. That would let them add in cool infected stuff, expand on the relationship between Joel and Elle when they are not on the road in survival mode and make more sense about why their relationship is strained instead of having it be a lame flashback. Also allows an Abby episode to build up the backstory.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
They should expand on the time between the games, 4 years is a pretty big jump for a TV show. Hell have the season cliffhanger being Joel's death. That would let them add in cool infected stuff, expand on the relationship between Joel and Elle when they are not on the road in survival mode and make more sense about why their relationship is strained instead of having it be a lame flashback. Also allows an Abby episode to build up the backstory.

First half of the season should be about Abby. Build it up better than the game did. I admittedly never played nor watched a playthrough of the second one so I don't know how good of a job they did.

Juvarisx

Florida
First half of the season should be about Abby. Build it up better than the game did. I admittedly never played nor watched a playthrough of the second one so I don't know how good of a job they did.

The reason Abby killed Joel made sense, the build up to it was eh. Ellie's "performance" during it was stellar, the problem was three fold. 1) You had very little information about Abby when that happened, they wanted to have a fill in the gap thing with the second half o the game where you play Abby 2) Why Ellie was always angry at Joel was not explained till later in a dumb flashback and by the time you see why there cant be a resolution because Joel is dead and 3) Abby looked like a dude.

I wasn't as harsh on the game as a lot of people, yea Joel dying was lame but it let Elle grow as a character. Playing Ellie was fun she went ape shit and gave even less fucks about everyone then Joel did in the first game, and playing Abby you see the shit she goes through with the cult and can even be empathetic with her character a little even if you want to hate her for killing your fav character. I wont spoil the plot since its the bones of the show and Joel dying is basically Snape killed Dumbledore, but what is there can make for a very good second and third season. Just having a heavy Abby focused season isnt really required, a couple episodes at most from her POV before shit goes down will be good enough, its the stuff between Ellie and Joel that will need to be fixed the most.

• 1Garbage

Cybsled

The reason Abby killed Joel made sense, the build up to it was eh. Ellie's "performance" during it was stellar, the problem was three fold. 1) You had very little information about Abby when that happened, they wanted to have a fill in the gap thing with the second half o the game where you play Abby 2) Why Ellie was always angry at Joel was not explained till later in a dumb flashback and by the time you see why there cant be a resolution because Joel is dead and 3) Abby looked like a dude.

I wasn't as harsh on the game as a lot of people, yea Joel dying was lame but it let Elle grow as a character. Playing Ellie was fun she went ape shit and gave even less fucks about everyone then Joel did in the first game, and playing Abby you see the shit she goes through with the cult and can even be empathetic with her character a little even if you want to hate her for killing your fav character. I wont spoil the plot since its the bones of the show and Joel dying is basically Snape killed Dumbledore, but what is there can make for a very good second and third season. Just having a heavy Abby focused season isnt really required, a couple episodes at most from her POV before shit goes down will be good enough, its the stuff between Ellie and Joel that will need to be fixed the most.

The problem was 100% execution. The player is given a reason to hate Abby, they inject a sob story after the fact, then force the player to spare her at the end. Then they try to play it off like "well that's the point of revenge and ending the cycle of revenge!".

The show needs to make the audience actually give a fuck about Abby before killing Joel. Not only because it would help the audience care about the character, but it also avoids feeling too derivative of Negan killing Glenn (which a huge chunk of the general audience would automatically compare it to)

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The 2nd game was essentially Diablo Immortal and our expectations for a 3rd are now Diablo 4 level.