The Last of Us

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whoever said "they weren't sure she was in charge", do you not watch the about the episode buy at the end? The writer explicitly talks about her being in charge and everyone following her. It's with the bit about rebels overthrowing government ending up being as bad or worse as the gubmint they overthrow.

As to the episode, I agree with whoever said it but why the fuck do people in post apocalyptic games/shows/movies enter big ass cities? You avoid them like the.. well like the plague. It was doubly obvious after Joel looked under the trailer that it was placed on purpose because there were no cars blocking the other side. Never should have entered the city.

Probably the worst episode for writing because it was just filled with stupid shit. Oh, let's climd 40 stories of this building and magically be engaged by the exact big bad the rebels are looking for. What an amazing coincidence.

Show is still better than 95% of the shit on TV.
I tend to not watch the commentary after the show but maybe I should.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Post-show commentary is a cancer and a crutch for the modern (shitty) TV writer. TLoU is good so far, but you can be sure that if an episode ever jumps the shark they will Jedi handwave an explanation of it in the after-episode commentary. Remember, this is the same content that brought us "So Dany kinda forgot about the fleet with the ballistas hurrrr".

If the show doesn't explain itself sufficiently / logicially in the course of the actual runtime it deserves ridicule. To be clear, I don't think that is a problem (yet) for this particular show, but even if God himself was the one giving out the post-show explanations and opinions, I wouldn't want to hear them.

Every time one of these post-show content bits spins up and I don't turn the TV off fast enough I remember seeing Chris Hardwick's stupid derpy face after The Walking Dead started to go to shit.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
So not a bad episode but that's 3 in a row now that have been basically pissing in the wind for progress.
I don't know what the destination of the series is so maybe that is the point. Just seems they are spinning wheels to make up content/time.

• 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show continues to be incredible and just soul crushing at the same time.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The clicker wearing little girl pajamas was pretty rough.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Watching the kids interacting while knowing what was coming was rough.

• 4Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty rough. Was gonna come here complaining about Elie yelling in the middle of the night while they're trying to sneak out but this show allows me to suspend a lot of belief because of the othe phenomenal parts of it.

Actor that played Henry killed it. Best episode so far.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Actor that played Henry killed it.
Netflix Smile GIF by Taylor Swift

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Show did a great job showing how terrifying a literal horde can be. Some stragglers or even a group you can deal with but the fungi will straight up Russian tactics send them all in on you not caring what losses they take. Then having any ability to order/redirect the swarm, shows how much of a problem it would be to fully exterminate a city level infestation.

Juvarisx

Florida
Even if they somehow wipe out that horde, there is another inside that building that useless leader decided to tell noone about before she died.

Smiled seeing the Bloater killing animation, was a fun nod to the game. Agreed about Henry and Sam, they took a pretty good scene from the game and made it even better.

Bloater was played by a 6'6 dude in an 80 pound costume that was enhanced by CGI. There were 15 clicker extras including that little girl who is a gymnast and contortionist so her movements in the car were all real. They also reused the "hero" clickers from the museum, who are professional cosplayers and can make the clicking noises and correct movements themselves (which they used and amplified). Then an addition 60 infected extras. The makeup department went overtime getting everyone ready for this one shoot.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Was really hoping for more fleshing out of the Katherine chick and why anyone listens to her, but all we got was a hand wave of like "you did this" without any real detail or background on why she matters other than being the actual leader guys sister.

I can't believe they didn't tell the actress she had to lose 30lbs for the role. Nothing triggers me more than seeing fat people in the apocalypse.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Was really hoping for more fleshing out of the Katherine chick and why anyone listens to her, but all we got was a hand wave of like "you did this" without any real detail or background on why she matters other than being the actual leader guys sister.

I can't believe they didn't tell the actress she had to lose 30lbs for the role. Nothing triggers me more than seeing fat people in the apocalypse.
Twinkies last for years.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FEDRA would not allow people to get fat, collaborators wouldn't, so that leaves prominent members of the resistance who can get access to large amounts of food. Her brother was top dog, by logic she would be the ONLY possible person who could become that fat.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Even if they somehow wipe out that horde, there is another inside that building that useless leader decided to tell noone about before she died.

Smiled seeing the Bloater killing animation, was a fun nod to the game. Agreed about Henry and Sam, they took a pretty good scene from the game and made it even better.

Bloater was played by a 6'6 dude in an 80 pound costume that was enhanced by CGI. There were 15 clicker extras including that little girl who is a gymnast and contortionist so her movements in the car were all real. They also reused the "hero" clickers from the museum, who are professional cosplayers and can make the clicking noises and correct movements themselves (which they used and amplified). Then an addition 60 infected extras. The makeup department went overtime getting everyone ready for this one shoot.

The little girl in the car was creepy as fuck. I did like in the post show thing where they mentioned they put their all into this swarm, cause they needed to show how humanity could have lost. Doubly so because since this is a TV show and not the game, where the mushroom zombies were primarily game play, not plot; so they had to really show off everything the zombies and a horde could do. And they pulled it off wonderfully.

• 4Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Being the most ruthless person can make you the leader. It's not a good way to choose a leader, and it won't work long term, but it can put you in the drivers seat for a while. I agree with Malakriss Malakriss that having her be overweight is another way of signaling that she's a bad leader since she's clearly taking more than her share of the provisions.

• 1EyeRoll