The Last of Us

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The entire episode was the "Left Behind" DLC and not attached to the main story. Yeah, it was fucking awful and I have no idea why they decided to devote an entire episode to it. Also they cut out the actual good parts of the DLC (Ellie present day scavenging a zombie infested mall to find medical supplies for Joel). Instead we got her finding a thread and needle in a drawer. They could've replaced this episode with Ron Swanson giving a thousand blow jobs and it would've been better.

The lack of zombies has been pretty disappointing, because there are tons of them in the game. Maybe they blew their entire CGI budget on the Bloater scene a couple weeks ago (which was actually badass).

With that said, the upcoming episode should deliver. There's enough content in that section of the game that they could've spent two episodes on it instead of wasting one on "teens in the mall". The final episode should be good as well assuming they don't fuck it up somehow.
I think that’s what I’m most disappointed about, that they wasted time on this episode when they could have spent two episodes with what’s coming next.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like I might have done the right thing quitting this show at ep 2.

I like how everyone who's complaining about how the show is focused on gay relationships is getting called homophobes. Sounds like they are just throwing in gay stuff just to mark check boxes

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not surprising since the DLC this is based on was Druckmann's personal baby where he finally got to do whatever he wanted without any oversight. Notice the actually interesting parts (Ellie battling hillbillies at the frozen mall) are completely gone and there is even MORE pointless backstory shoehorned in than the actual source material had. Every flaw this show has is basically them getting away from the source material and ticking virtue signal boxes. They started on track, but now we are rushing to the ending so that Druckfuck can tell his Gigantor story for S2. It is sad because the talent is clearly there on many fronts, but no one can seem to keep Druckmann on point and stop him from rewriting what was actually good in the original game. All the shit in Denver deserved to get AT LEAST as much attention as the first half of the season. But nope, gotta cram in the Ron Swanson Gay Bear Palace shit and of course, Ellie is Gay by the way episodes. It is a zombiless zombie apocolypse for the most part. I don't care how well written and acted this shit is, it is doing fuck all for the overall story.

This show is going to have a rushed ending to this season and then next season is going to crash and burn the moment Pedro is out of the picture. Forhead McDerpface has gotten better as the season has gone on, but Pedro has basically carried this show. And there is no one they can hire that will make Gigantor the Golf Queen accessable to the audience at all. But that is apparently where we are headed......

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Based on how everyone describes the second game, I feel like I will not even bother with season 2 unless it gets stellar reviews from "this" board.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show is going to have a rushed ending to this season and then next season is going to crash and burn the moment Pedro is out of the picture. Forhead McDerpface has gotten better as the season has gone on, but Pedro has basically carried this show. And there is no one they can hire that will make Gigantor the Golf Queen accessable to the audience at all. But that is apparently where we are headed......
Ironically GOT crashed and burned when Pedro left as well

Ironic.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

This show is going to have a rushed ending to this season and then next season is going to crash and burn the moment Pedro is out of the picture. Forhead McDerpface has gotten better as the season has gone on, but Pedro has basically carried this show. And there is no one they can hire that will make Gigantor the Golf Queen accessable to the audience at all. But that is apparently where we are headed...

I can understand uncertainty about a 2nd season, but rushing the entire 1st game into season 1 I think will be a mistake. Especially if season 2 just picks up like the game. People are going to tune out like they did when Glenn got Negan'd

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Winter was my favorite part of the game. Is it really going to be nothing more than Ellie finding thread in a drawer?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm sure she will find some tampons, Gigantor's dilator, and a rainbow flag to hang up at Tommy's village later, too. I laugh at this shit because anyone not cranking out babies is just nailing the coffin shut for the human race, so this whole gay shit would be shelved really fucking quick if we were being realistic. Like within five to ten years of the population crash for sure, but absolutely by the 20 year mark. Gays would be worse than fatties at that point, since they would make other gays and make the problem worse. In fact any girl over 16 would likely be being used as a baby factory just because its a core need of the survival of the species at that point. You cannot afort to have any women not making babies early and often if your community is going to sustain itself. Realistically, that commune would have never let Ellie walk out but instead put her to work on her back. At least of course until they realized she was infected........

• 3Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not sure what annoyed me more, the fact she ended Mileena's fatality with a joystick movement or trying to sew someone up with a straight needle...

Xevy

Log Wizard
Gays would be worse than fatties at that point, since they would make other gays and make the problem worse.
Fry dot jpeg.

This show is about humanity. It's about going through some major shit with big ups and much lower downs and continuing on. Of course they're using romance to show that because that's the easiest tool for demonstrative purposes. You don't have to do as much backstory with romance as you do with two people who've been best friends for 30 years or whatever. They're already doing the family thing as well with Tommy, Joel's daughter, etc. This show is about relationships, not zombies. The zombies are background for the hardships the relationships endure. Yeah, I'd rather it be more about zombie blasting and spooks, but that's not how you win Emmys.

Also if if Ellie solo'd a shootout in a mall with a bunch of marauders you all would drop the mary sue card non fucking stop, so that's just a FoH shitpost fest avoided with some classic underage gay interracial love stroyline to let you guys shitpost about instead.

• 2Garbage
  • 1GreNeg

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Fry dot jpeg.

This show is about humanity. It's about going through some major shit with big ups and much lower downs and continuing on. Of course they're using romance to show that because that's the easiest tool for demonstrative purposes. You don't have to do as much backstory with romance as you do with two people who've been best friends for 30 years or whatever. They're already doing the family thing as well with Tommy, Joel's daughter, etc. This show is about relationships, not zombies. The zombies are background for the hardships the relationships endure. Yeah, I'd rather it be more about zombie blasting and spooks, but that's not how you win Emmys.

Also if if Ellie solo'd a shootout in a mall with a bunch of marauders you all would drop the mary sue card non fucking stop, so that's just a FoH shitpost fest avoided with some classic underage gay interracial love stroyline to let you guys shitpost about instead.
You dont know what "Mary Sue" means. Here is what Wikipedia has:

"A Mary Sue is a character archetype in fiction, usually a young woman, who is often portrayed as inexplicably competent across all domains, gifted with unique talents or powers, liked or respected by most other characters, unrealistically free of weaknesses, extremely attractive, innately virtuous, and/or generally lacking meaningful character flaws."

Notice the word inexplicable. Notice the word flaw. How exactly does this apply to Ellie? There are also chunks of the game where Ellie does solo zombies and humans and no one was complaining about it. In fact, everyone in this thread who played the game are upset that what we got this episode is pointless shit instead of Ellie fighting zombies and humans on her own.

• 1Double Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Ironic.gif

This is the same guy who refused to tell D&D they needed to finish a finale season properly with an appropriate amount of episodes. Now getting puff pieces on how great he is.

Szlia

This is the same guy who refused to tell D&D they needed to finish a finale season properly with an appropriate amount of episodes. Now getting puff pieces on how great he is.
A part shocked me in that article : "Bloys hadn’t heard of the Naughty Dog/Sony PlayStation game — nor had his head of drama programming, Francesca Orsi — before TV writer Craig Mazin brought it in to them as a prospect." You would think people responsible for a fiction delivery service would keep an eye on what is working for what age group in all the other media, but nope.... insane.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Fucking variety. Imagine thinking somebody in 2023 is going to read an article longer then war and peace. I guess when you're just putting in sentences that connect head to ass you can fill a dictionary. Delusional assholes.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Trying to catch up on this thread to see if this is worth watching. Jesus Christ at the last few pages of this thread.
I Dont Arrested Development GIF

Oldbased

> Than U

Ironic.gif
I don't think I ever heard of Pedro Pascal before Mando. It never occurred to me to think back and see if I had seen him elsewhere. My respect level for him just trippled.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Trying to catch up on this thread to see if this is worth watching. Jesus Christ at the last few pages of this thread.
I Dont Arrested Development GIF

You can tell that a FoH TV thread is just about finished when someone accuses the female character of being a "Mary Sue" and then someone else tells them that they don't know what that means.

talking GIF by South Park

EDIT: 13000th post!

awesome love myself GIF by Wilson Tennis

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it was fucking awful and I have no idea why they decided to devote an entire episode to it.

Sure you do.

It only took 7 episodes for there to be more gay characters than straight characters. Such brave. Such fierce.

• 3Like