The Last of Us

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Just finished it. The same level of incredibleness as the main game. The sheer amount of talent at that studio boggles the mind. Simply can not wait for what's up next for them. I secretly hope it has something to do with Joel and Ellie though. Those characters MUST be ripe for at least one more story, because goddamn, it'd be a shame to send these off after a one off.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Fantastic dlc, wish there was more, would continue to pay for it gladly.

Sucks the gyro stuff didn't work correctly on my DS4, had to plug in a DS3 to finish it but oh well!

Stave

Potato del Grande
Ungh! Must buy. So how long of a campaign is this DLC? Hopefully more than an hour or 2.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ungh! Must buy. So how long of a campaign is this DLC? Hopefully more than an hour or 2.
According to reviews it is roughly an hour on Normal difficulty. Story is apparently really good, as expected, but very short for the current price tag.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
An hour? No way.

Length and other musings...

It's a bit under 3 hours I'd say playing at a normal pace. I didn't play on Normal but the game being easier wouldn't make it go much faster imo. Coincidentally, Ellen Page came out as gay today.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's DEFINITELY not an hour long. In fact, I went at a pretty fast-ish pace, and clocked 2 hours 30 minutes. I definitely didn't feel stiffed.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it's DEFINITELY not an hour long. In fact, I went at a pretty fast-ish pace, and clocked 2 hours 30 minutes. I definitely didn't feel stiffed.
I just went by this review

Review: Review: The Last Of Us Left Behind is poignant but paltry - CVG US

Left Behind is also incredibly short, clocking in at just over an hour on Normal difficulty.
This is probably why the asking price seems rather steep at the time of this writing. Even though Left Behind is not without its merits, fans could feel more than a little aggrieved at being fleeced for an hour's worth of content.

Left Behind is the equivalent of DVD extras. It's a collection of scenes that landed on the cutting room floor. It has no reason to exist beyond the fact that there's an audience out there that is prepared to pay for it because they loved The Last Of Us and want an excuse to revisit its world beyond the multiplayer mode. Those who fall into this camp may feel the price of this DLC is a little dear, even though it spins a gripping yarn.
EDIT: And I do personally think that if the full game clocks in at 20 hours + multiplayer, selling something at 1/3rdish the cost and 1/10th of the content (assuming it takes 2 hours not 1 and only looking at single player) is a bit off. I loved the game, but will wait for a price drop on this dlc.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just finished it. The same level of incredibleness as the main game. The sheer amount of talent at that studio boggles the mind. Simply can not wait for what's up next for them. I secretly hope it has something to do with Joel and Ellie though. Those characters MUST be ripe for at least one more story, because goddamn, it'd be a shame to send these off after a one off.
Didn't they say the only DLC plans for SP was just this one SP dealio?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Didn't they say the only DLC plans for SP was just this one SP dealio?
I think this DLC is already more than what they said they would do. When the game was released, I am fairly certain they mentioned that they felt they had told the story they wanted and it would end there, for both characters.

EDIT: Just did a search. Developers mention that there will be no more story attached to the main Last of Us campaign, and this is the prequel to the story of Last of US. So think it is over now, for these characters at least. They might delve back into the universe, but doubt we will ever see any more story related content regarding these characters.

At best, a later game focusing on Ellie as grown up to finish off the story regarding if the human race is saved or not. I don't mind them ending the story between those two characters, but there is a whole world still infected with at least one person who can save it, so it wouldn't be too hard to make a story based on that. However, they have stated repeatedly that they won't. Which is kind of cool, as most developers that see large sales and popularity of the first game in a franchise milk it until the series is dead.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think this DLC is already more than what they said they would do. When the game was released, I am fairly certain they mentioned that they felt they had told the story they wanted and it would end there, for both characters.
That's what they said overall - but there was the Season Pass stating ONE single player DLC if memory serves. And technically that quote was anything they did would be with different characters or BEFORE the ending, their story concluded but that there might be some room to explore their pasts.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That's what they said overall - but there was the Season Pass stating ONE single player DLC if memory serves. And technically that quote was anything they did would be with different characters or BEFORE the ending, their story concluded but that there might be some room to explore their pasts.
I am really looking forward to this dlc. And saw it just came out. I guess I have to reconnect the ps3. This game was absolutely amazing. The developers behind it are amazing as well.

Column_sl

shitlord
Can't wait to see what they do on the PS4, although we will probly have to wait a few years.
frown.png

Column_sl

shitlord
I really wish they weren't going back to Uncharted. That game series was very good, but I'm ready for another new Genre from them.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I really wish they weren't going back to Uncharted. That game series was very good, but I'm ready for another new Genre from them.
Naughty Dog is the new Squaresoft (not to be mistaken for Square Enix) for me. They make a game, I buy it, even if it is the Nth version of an already established franchise.

I too would rather they make a new type of game (and gameplay), but I'd still buy Uncharted 4 on day one. Think it is actually safe to say that a Naughty Dog game would make me buy a PS4, something I have no interest in at the moment.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Actually, the only time you pay a premium for the DLC is when you buy it stand-alone. If you buy the season pass, you get 2 extra multiplayer DLC's, the single player DLC, and an amazing feature length documentary for 20 bucks. On top of that, quality over quantity and all that. I'm sure you realize by now that Naughty Dog doesn't stiff you on the quality, on top of the fact that 15 dollars isn't THAT outlandish. Just skip breakfast for 3 days or something.

Also, they haven't made any committed statements about whether or not they'll do a sequel, or whether or not it'll involve Ellie and Joel. They simple said that the story they told (the fireflies saga) is over with, and that whether they go back to Joel and Ellie, or the universe, all depends on if they feel as if they have a new and interesting story to tell. I for one hope they do.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am thinking the same. I loved Uncharted as well, although 2 was my favorite. They have an amazing talent, and I like seeing them do creative things. The Last of Us proved they have the creative talent to get away from the series that made them so popular. And that's awesome. They took a nice risk there, and it paid off. They need to keep taking more risks. I grow tired of sequel after sequel, unless it is something like an entirely new set of characters, scenes, time areas, and story. Like for instance, Bioshock (Hated part 2) but then Bioshock infinite took it completely somewhere else with new atmosphere. I would love to know what Ken Levine is working on right now.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
ND has more than one team. One team will work on Uncharted 4, the other team that just finished the Last of Us DLC will start work on something else.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Just finished the DLC too, it was pretty awesome. Definitely not only an hour, whatever person said that is a moron. If you loved the TLOU like every sane person did you should definitely pick up Left Behind.