The Last of Us

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
TBH I think The Piece of Eden will be for first video game movie that can possible reach A level type of movie but they have yet to even announce the director

spronk

FPS noob
saw this on reddit thread of features of the ps4 version

* 1080p
* Higher resolution character models
* Improved shadows and lighting
* Upgraded textures
* Director/Writer/Actor Commentary for all cinematics.
* Includes Left Behind DLC, Abandoned Territories and Reclaimed Territories MP packs.
* ND is targeting 60fps
* ND is developing the port in-house

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
60 is too much for the double dip imho
Yeah, I kind of agree. The fact that Naughty Dog is doing the actual port is nice, but on the face of it, full price seems kind of steep. That said, I'll reserve judgment until we see the actual game and what kind of work they put into the port.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No brainer double dip for me. The multiplayer alone on the ps4 will be great. Maybe trade in my ps3 copy towards it!

Regardless, it will come down off $60 rather quickly if it's anything like Tomb Raider.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I couldn't play the MP on PS3 since my friend used his MP pass already. I hear it's pretty good, though.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm surprised they put that scene in the video. It's one of the more "powerful" scenes; kind of stupid to spoil it, even if there is no context.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
With no context I think the power will still be there for those who haven't experienced it yet. The only way I'm buying the double dip is if it comes bundled with a ps4 and/or they include the DLC.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just got this and a ps3 for the first time ever.

Quick question. Is this a game I should be exploring every book and cranny for stuff? Or is it a bit more straight forward?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord

Quick question. Is this a game I should be exploring every book and cranny for stuff? Or is it a bit more straight forward?
Most of the stuff you will come across. Exploring will get you every collectible, but for like ammo/parts you should come across it naturally. Enjoy the game

Vaclav

Indeed - if you're concerned about 100%ing is the only reason to really worry about it - and do a search for Last of Us trophy guide if that's a concern of yours.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Absolutely awesome game. I'll wait for it to drop in price though not going to pay full price for a double dip that will likely be on PS+ at some point anyway. Freaking awesome game though.

Heckler_sl

shitlord

You definitely get something out of exploring your environment. Bits of story are told through the letters you find, or oftentimes even through the environment itself. There is also a lot of contextual dialogue scattered about. You definitely want to take it all in, and not rush through the game, seeing as a lot of the story and mood is told through those exploration bits.

As for double dipping, I don't know. I've played the game 4 times up until now (and the DLC 2 times), and I DEFINITELY feel as if it'd be worth double dipping at full price, if only to show my support to Naughty Dog. Plus, I've refrained from going into grounded mode, and I've barely touched the multiplayer, so I'd definitely be able to get some more worth out of it (grounded mode and grounded mode plus playthrough, another playthrough to play it with the commentary track enabled, and a shitton of multiplayer)

Crone

What is the multi player like? Haven't tried it yet, but didn't even know this game had it until I saw it on the main menu screen.