The Last of Us

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
So Joel's dead and Ellie tries to get revenge while being haunted by him.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is the best day of my life!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So Joel's dead and Ellie tries to get revenge while being haunted by him.
Probably. Kinda weird that he would appear to her with a gun if that were the case though

Joel getting killed would be the only thing that we know of by the end of tlou that would cause her to do what she is doing in the trailer, but it looks like 4 or 5 years have passed. Could have met someone or some people and had them slaughtered or something

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That scene could also be after an intro where their happy little compound gets slaughtered, too. Though yeah I assume Joel will be dead and you'll be controlling her this time.

Edit:

During a panel for the highly anticipated sequelat PSX, Druckmann said "Ellie is the star" this time around. He also revealed that Part II takes place several years after the first game, with Ellie now 19 years old.

Druckmann also discussed narrative direction of Part II, noting that while the first title was a story about love, the sequel will serve as a "counter" to that. In fact, the director went so far as to say, "this story is about hate."

With regard to the game's title, Druckmann said they decided to call it Part II to reflect that this is a "complementary story" to the first game. For Naughty Dog, The Last of Us is intrinsically tied to Troy Baker's Joel and Ashley Johnson's Ellie, so the studio wanted to continue their story rather than move forward with the franchise using a different set of characters.

While Druckmann said the team has a release window in mind for the game, Naughty Dog isn't ready to make a formal announcement regarding when fans can expect The Last of Us: Part II to launch. He did, however, confirm that the original game's composer, Gustavo Santaolalla, will be back to create the music for Part II.

Plot twist after reading hate comment, maybe Ellie kills Joel after somehow finding out what he did at the end of part 1

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't see her doing that, even if she knew. That said, the theory that their camp was killed is pretty solid based on seeing all the dead bodies in that trailer. They didn't look like bandits.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Baby Groot and this in the same day. What a gift.

Trailer gives chills. Although they could do that just by splashing "TLOU 2" on the screen.

spronk

FPS noob
how the fuck are some of you coming up with joel is dead from that trailer, thats HIM at the end asking if "you gonna go through with it, kiddo?". isn't it? sounds and looks exactly like joel

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
how the fuck are some of you coming up with joel is dead from that trailer, thats HIM at the end asking if "you gonna go through with it, kiddo?". isn't it? sounds and looks exactly like joel
Uh, it is Joel. What we are saying is that he isn't really there, that Ellie is just seeing him in her mind even though he is dead. Obviously that's just a theory

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uh, it is Joel. What we are saying is that he isn't really there, that Ellie is just seeing him in her mind even though he is dead. Obviously that's just a theory

Granted, it's been a while since I played TLOU, but why are we jumping to the conclusion that the Joel in that trailer is an imaginary Joel instead of a real Joel? I must have missed something.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Granted, it's been a while since I played TLOU, but why are we jumping to the conclusion that the Joel in that trailer is an imaginary Joel instead of a real Joel? I must have missed something.
I mean it's just guessing really. What would drive Ellie to seek revenge by killing every single person involved with something?

It's either they killed Joel or they killed someone or group of people that they met since the end of the first game. She doesn't really have any other ties at the end of the first game that would drive her on a revenge mission other than Joel

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean it's just guessing really. What would drive Ellie to seek revenge by killing every single person involved with something?

It's either they killed Joel or they killed someone or group of people that they met since the end of the first game. She doesn't really have any other ties at the end of the first game that would drive her on a revenge mission other than Joel

I didn't play that DLC Left Behind thing, but wasn't there some kind of lesbian lover she had?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

This. I'm gonna watch it again

nu_11

Not convinced Joel is dead here.

If he was dead, I don't think Ellie would have focused on him with her eyes. Perhaps she would've kept talking while looking down at her guitar.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kind of. The other girl that got bit with her, Riley. She's dead by the start of TLOU.

Ah, well i guess it can't be about that.

I dunno, maybe you guys are right. I just think it's a strange leap to start turning Joel into a ghost (especially when he seems pretty well alive in the trailer) just because Ellie is angry and wants revenge.

Obviously a long time has passed since the end of TLOU. Why couldn't she have formed some other types of ties in that time?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's 4 years I think between the two games. And yeah, that's what I said. Pretty much has to be Joel's dead or someone or group of people she formed a relationship with got killed. And one that doesn't seem to drive Joel to revenge for. And that Joel seems relatively OK with Ellie trying to kill a bunch of people for

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I think we'll find its a group of people they settled down with. The reason I see Joel asking Ellie 'You really gonna go through with it?" is if you look back, the whole way through he's kinda trying to shield her in a way. That was part of what pissed people off about Joel in the first one. Not only was he a cold killer he was 'removing her freedom of choice' and all that other stuff.

So I would expect they survive, settle down. They still get along but some tension exists between them (Gotta have something to talk about on the long revenge trip). He still is trying to see her as some one he needs to take care of and shelter. All through TLOU 1, I don't remember her ever killing in cold blood. Self defence and all that. Sure, by the tonne. But I think this will be a story of her growing out from under Joel's wing and making her own choices and him having to come to terms with it on top of her just murdering the world.