The Last of Us

spronk

FPS noob
TLOU2 delayed indefinitely, game is done just logistics of shipping and stuff

EUngGYJUcAAheEq.jpg:large

Szlia

You can blame people like me who will never buy dematerialized games if there is a physical option. Sorry !

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe it's an augmented reality game and we've been playing Part 2 this entire time..... 🤔

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah, they just want to add in some more dialogue that indirectly trashes Trump.

• 1Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Would have bought this lie if they had not already delayed it earlier. They are using Coronachan as an excuse to fix/change something. There is literally no reason not to meet digital pre orders otherwise, especially after the massive PR shit sandwich Squeenix just ate over the FF7 remake.

Szlia

Would have bought this lie if they had not already delayed it earlier. They are using Coronachan as an excuse to fix/change something. There is literally no reason not to meet digital pre orders otherwise, especially after the massive PR shit sandwich Squeenix just ate over the FF7 remake.
There is a pretty big reason : the video game industry is an ecosystem that includes distributors and stores. If you release through digital distribution a huge AAA game weeks or even months before you do so in retail, you are basically backstabbing your business partners. To add a cherry on top, you are doing this when they are already lying on the ground. I don't mean Naughty Dog is delaying the game out of the goodness of their heart, I am mean that is good business practice to have a good relationship with key partners.

I just googled a bit and for PS4, digital downloads accounted for 32% of full game sales (units not $$) in the fiscal year 2017, and 37% for FY18. The death of retail is not around the corner for console games.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
... as opposed to not meeting the release date for pre-ordered copies and ensuring people like me never pre-order again. I know its a catch 22, but with physical copies going the way of the dinosaur already.... Honestly that units thing is inflated by resales, bundles, and other shit that probably is meant to keep a dying industry afloat. I do not trust those numbers very much. Most of us are old enough to remember this stupid struggle with the music industry.

Well, I am cancelling my pre-order and I will buy someone who is actually delivering their product on time....

spronk

FPS noob
Nowadays it has less to do with pure physical, no body really thinks gamestop is gonna be around 10 years from now, and building the perfect amount of hype and zeitgeist around a game. With coronachan running rampant you can't have massive marketing pushes, all the ads at big city subways and buses are going unseen, you can't do an interview on good morning america talking about how The Last of Us is about a post apocalyptic world and the next segment talks about how many people died in NYC hospitals today to corona. Your marketing effort is basically zero other than emails and no publisher really wants that for any entertainment product.

Also considerations about how people who aren't in the PS4 ecosystem will go out and buy PS4s to play this game, etc are dampened.

If it drags on though it'll be interesting to see how companies start adapting to new realities. I just don't see how PS5 and xbox 2 launch this year honestly.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why the fuck would they have excellent source material in the games and decide to create a movie that is a prequel to them? Hollywood is so fucking stupid it hurts. What the fuck scream

Never understood the idea that people want to see the same shit they've already seen.

Fucking nerds, I swear

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There is some pretty serious spoilers and cutscenes leaked last night.

It's woke as fuck.

MEGA SPOILERS
  • Joel and Ellie are both killed by Abby.
  • You spend the last half of the game playing as Abby.
  • Abby is the MTF trans child of the surgeon from TLOU 1.
  • She is the jacked one from the initial trailer there.

Last edited:
  • 3Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

It's woke as fuck.

MEGA SPOILERS

Thanks for saving my money, this is really disappointing after how well they did with the first game.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yep. Will not be buying this now. Rental or wait for PS Plus.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for saving my money, this is really disappointing after how well they did with the first game.

That's ok really.

We might have missed on a great game, but we'll get to witness how SJW bullshit ruins a game commercially, which can only benefit the industry long-term.

If those spoilers are true and you rent this, you are dead to me.

Utnayan Utnayan needs to rent this so he can do a booze-inspired rage rant about it.

• 1OK, Sure
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

It's woke as fuck.

MEGA SPOILERS

I can only hope that the covid indefinite delay is more about this than the covids. Just got put into the wait and see queue permanently.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wishful thinking if you think that spoilered shit is enough to bomb the game.

• 1Like