The Last of Us

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I count 6 white folk, 4 Asians which are pretty much still white folk, a couple Indians to do the actual coding, only issue I see here is the troll thing at the bottom.
Dude, for poland? Thats absolute inclusion. the fucking country is 99.995% white Christians.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This is what I mean about people getting too locked in to the SJW/anti SJW stuff. There's plenty of things fans of the first game dislike about this one that have nothing to do with tranny related issues. Also as far as bad reviews coming too quickly, I guarantee a whole bunch were watching streams of people who had access to the game early to stream it on Twitch/other spots. As others have noted, the gameplay isn't groundbreaking in either game, most people care about the story and the characters and how they are handled.

As people have said though, and I think you guys get confused about. Its not actually SJW themes that ruin media. A show can have SJW shit and still be fine. The problem is the level of zealotry of the staff toward SJW shit. If they are too deep into ANY ideology, it naturally affects characters--because when you have to put ideas above character, to protect your idea, you end up with shitty characters.

Bigot sandwich is like a perfect example of a character in a post apocalyptic world CLEARLY acting in accodance with SJW ideology rather than how a character in her setting would actually act (Like it might be believable if she told him to fuck off, and took his sandwiches--but not taking food? Come on.)

People can pick up right away when characters feel forced and unnatural. And propaganda does that. (Again, just very Liberal shit doesn't do that. If it did, we'd all have hated Stark Trek--but I love that Communist utopia bullshit; because when issues came up that challenged their moral ideals, you actually saw them challenged in ways that were interesting and human, and not straw men set up to score points for the ideologue writing it.)

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Also is it true there is a QTE where you have to beat a dog to death, then they make you feel guilty for doing it by showing a flashback and how Abby treats dogs better?

LOL. This fucking game hah.

• 2Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1RAGE
Reactions: 4 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Haven't played the game, but from reading a handful of metacritic reviews and comments here....leaves me wondering what in the fuck is wrong with writers nowadays? It's like they have severe mental issues and are pushing their depressing bullshit on us all. It's not even well-done depressing shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
what in the fuck is wrong with writers nowadays?
As long as they turn a profit, the powers that be could give fuck all about the quality of their product. See Star Wars thread where countless people happily went and saw TROS even though TLJ is easily one of the worst movies ever made.

This problem would sort itself out pretty damn fast if people stopped supporting shit products.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
edit: its worse than that. How many copies of Zone of the Enders did they sell by lying about being snake?

Most of them. I worked at an EB at the time. We used to have a separate tradein SKU for the demo I think. But ZoE was a super short game, was like an hour or two tops and pretty dumb. Everyone was psyched for MGS2 and wanted the demo mostly.

Whats the bigot sandwich?

At the start of the game, there is a scene where they talk about Dina kissing Ellie and some dude presumably made some type of anti-gay slur (they don't actually say what it was) . Tommy's wife brings Ellie to the guy who wants to apologize and he gives her a steak sandwich. Another character (Jesse) shows up and she gives him the sandwich and he asks what kind and she says "bigot sandwich". Then Jesse says the bigot sandwich smells good and takes it to eat lol.

That's another thing that sucked. Jesse was a cool character and gets murdered by Abby, yet another reason she should have died at the end.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
> Zombie apocalypse
> Food is scarce
> Almost everyone you know has died violently
> The world continues to crumble around you
> Still highly concerned with bigotry

• 13Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 13 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
> Zombie apocalypse
> Food is scarce
> Almost everyone you know has died violently
> The world continues to crumble around you
> Still highly concerned with bigotry
Seems like an enlightened time, they don't even kill trans people if they deserve it!

nu_11

9CB7E40A-5DD8-408C-87C7-AA97FFFBD1D4.jpeg

• 34Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 35 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Angry Joe playing it.

Goes on a rant here at 50 minutes in.

Highly suspect the review will start with "You've done fucked it up"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The way this is going, everyone is going to buy the game so they can see how bad it is and rant on it and it's going to make it a a bestseller. :)

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
probably no last of us today, she's been playing kh3 and says it's more fun than tlou2

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
You can already tell what they have planned for TLOU3 if it gets made

1) Ellie bites Abby at one point in TLOU2
2) Abby will be revealed to have been infected with the same fungus strain Ellie has (it’s only transmitted through bites and spores after all)
3) Abby makes the hero sacrifice and dies to save the world by allowing for a cure, allowing Ellie to live
4) Neil is confused as to why players hate this also, not realizing it further undermined their shit “message” in the 2nd game
Same guy that's still playing Fallout 76....At this point it's safe to say you're the Astr0Chuk of bad video game takes.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have you even played FO76? Everyone shits on it and I think maybe 1 or 2 people on this forum actually played it. And they seemed to like it.

• 2Faggotry

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
As long as they turn a profit, the powers that be could give fuck all about the quality of their product. See Star Wars thread where countless people happily went and saw TROS even though TLJ is easily one of the worst movies ever made.

This problem would sort itself out pretty damn fast if people stopped supporting shit products.

And that's why the war against having ideological bullshit injected into every video game release was lost before it even began. The average gamer is so weak-willed and desperate for that next dopamine hit from their vidya games that they'll throw money at every major release regardless if it shits all over their values.

To be fair though the problem goes far beyond just gamers. People completely lack convictions these days.

• 1Like